TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

Next WWE Champion

I don't think John Bradshaw Layfield will win the title back, he'll be forever known as the guy who had a long ass title reign but also a 1-time champion. Some say Cena will hold it longer then JBL, I think that's bullshit. Nobody will surpass JBL's title reign in the upcoming 10 years and besides Cena's reign would already be stale after 6 months. So who will he lose it to?

Kurt Angle?

JBL?

Booker T?

CHRISTIAN?

Big Show?

Undertaker? (god no...)

Rob Van Dam?

Eddie Guerrero?

Rey Mysterio?

Matt Mmmmmmorrrgg...morgan?

Ideas?

I would dearly love for Christian to win (with Tomko along for the ride) but I also have a sneaky suspicion it may end up being Carlito Carribean cool.

Just as long as its not: Angle, Taker, Show or JBL.

I wouldn't mind another Kurt Angle title run but I hope it's Christian. They finally seem to give him a push and they have faith in his abilities. Now let's hope they treat him like a serious contender for the WWE Title. Tomko doesn't have to go with him, he could stay on RAW and form a tag team or stay on Heat while Christian gets another buddy, maybe Rene Dupree, he has nothing to do anyways.

I wouldn't mind another Kurt Angle title run but I hope it's Christian. They finally seem to give him a push and they have faith in his abilities. Now let's hope they treat him like a serious contender for the WWE Title. Tomko doesn't have to go with him, he could stay on RAW and form a tag team or stay on Heat while Christian gets another buddy, maybe Rene Dupree, he has nothing to do anyways.

Tokmo is essential to Christian's act. He's the "Problem Solver".. the straight guy for Christian to play off. He must go where Christian does.

Guest Salacious Crumb
It'll be Eddie or Christian.

Eddie will never get another run with the belt.

Its sorta hard for me to make a prediction prior to the draft right now. I want to say Christian but knowing WWE they're just using him to promote the draft and will end up leaving him on Raw just because WWE are idiots when it comes to making a good descision on something. I don't want to say Carlito just because he isn't good in the ring, not saying Cena's great but he's at least decent. Carlito is good on the mic but horrible in the ring everytime I see him wrestle. WWE should just give him a manager role and let him get in the ring every once in awhile. I mean the guy hasn't really been in the ring all that much since his debute or has had that many long matches. All his matches has been extremely short or it just didn't end up happing. I guess I'll go ahead and throw out Eddy's name if the heel turn works.

Tokmo is essential to Christian's act. He's the "Problem Solver".. the straight guy for Christian to play off. He must go where Christian does.

Exactly. We may not like him much as a wrestler, but without Tomko, Christian just isn't what he is today. Someone has to say "No" when Christian "asks" for a beat.

Well, if you think Cena won't be champion after 6 months that would mean he will lose in September. I don't think Cena is going to lose that belt any time soon if he stays on smackdown. I think he'll be champion til at least Survivor Series. He's dropping a CD this month and coming out with a movie in the summer. Remember Vince wanted him to win the title at SummerSlam. So, Cena most likely won't lose any time soon. It depends on the draft and who comes over. I would not be surprised to see Hassan going over Cena for the belt. The wwe title seems to be the belt to get the newer or unproven stars(JBL last year) over now. Kurt Angle is another prospect if he stays on smackdown. I think the next title that Eddie may win is actually the world heavyweight title. Christian won't win the belt. They will balk with the small Chrisitian.

I don't think they will give it to Christian. The next WWE champion will either be JBL or Angle.

I really don't think Carlito has a chance either.

Maybe a heel Eddie? I guess it all depends on the Draft.

I think Cena will hold it for a while but I do think Christian is a good pick to beat him for the title at this point. Eddie could still be screwing around with Rey if that feud gets bogged down for months.

I thought Angle might be a choice but thing is he's held the title a bunch of times as either heel or face and never lit the world on fire. Angle is more of a safe pick rather than a gutsy move to draw money.

Also, I think when RVD gets back they absolutely have to push him. Basically, SMDN is a curious show right now. Someone needs to be traded to Raw, it's a bit backlogged. I'd move JBL to Raw, a feud with him vs. HHH might be amusing. Not sure who is the face there though.

A newly drafted and turned heel Chris Jericho could get the job done aswell.

Agreed. HHH/JBL would keep both of those guys away from anything important and the mic work could be good (HHH for once trashing a guy the fans hate anyway). Thing is both guys are so incredibly boring in the ring that it'll suck once the match starts.

Guest Fook_Theta

HHH is not boring in the ring at a PPV, and sparingly at tv tapings. Even JBL is good in an old school midcard tag teamer, and easily the best of the old hanger-ons. Maybe Taker could take him in a better thought out match, but eh.

They're be bringing entertaining promos and supposely at the end of the day that matters more than an actual match.

There are some on the net predicting Christian becoming WWE Champion at SummerSlam along with Edge winning the world heavyweight title at the event with an ending of Christian/Edge pciture pose. Sounds good, but highly unlikely. Putting the title on Christian any time soon would be blowing their wad imo. Christian is a good choice for the traditional Rumble/Mania push. If they put the title on Christian where can they really go without things looking like it was booked on the fly with no purpose? Christian would also get turned on imo just like Randy Orton.

Christian would also get turned on imo just like Randy Orton.

nah cuz Christian isn't bland and boring.

It just depends on if he's a babyface when he wins it, which i doubt.

It seems like they're getting more behind Christian than ever, although setting up an apparent feud with the popular WWE Champion while also admitting that Christian is gaining more peeps (as they did last night) is just half-assed. Cena's not going heel anytime soon, so why have a guy who is growing in popularity mock him?

Christian would also get turned on imo just like Randy Orton.

nah cuz Christian isn't bland and boring.

It just depends on if he's a babyface when he wins it, which i doubt.

Okay, we'll see. I still believe some of Christian's appeal is that he's a JTTS, while people like Edge is forced down people's throat. If they put the title on Christian within the next few months he will be screwed. Eddie was MUCH more over than Christian before he got the title and look how they botched that? Eddie won the title out of nowhere and it didn't really help Eddie at all.

If Brock Lesnar returned I would say him, but that won't happen.

I would probably go with Angle or JBL.

*Off topic* It's funny you mention the title reign because Orton has the longest IC reign but they're doing the same thing with Benjamin right now

It's funny how you mention Brock Lesnar because it seems like Batista is what they wanted Lesnar to be in terms of face heat. The Animal gimmick is the same as Brock's Vanilla Gorilla and "animalistic characteristics". Brock Lesnar vs. Batista is a money match now.

Benjamin is also getting a bit of Brock's push as well. They seem to be focusing on him being a great athlete with a college background that can do things in the ring that others can't. That was apart of Brock's push in 2002 with his training promos and the length of his reign is similar. I still believe if Brock Lesnar stayed in the wwf he would have probably got JBL's push as the long reigning champion.

Guest Fook_Theta

Who is going to go to bat for Christian to go over Cena clean and not get buried? Christian may have seniority, but I don't think Vince would do him like he has JBL. Even if he were to change gimmicks/personality, I really cannot think of anything he would fit into doing. He and likely many can be a buyable threat if they're not squashed, but that requires serious work and that is something most at creative&booking don't want.

ya, i don't think Christian will be a world champ anytime this year.

Who should it be? Christian or Jericho jumping from RAW and winning the belt from Cena after a nice feud would be good. But more likely it will probably be Undertaker after another heel turn :P Maybe Kurt Angle if we're lucky.

It's funny how you mention Brock Lesnar because it seems like Batista is what they wanted Lesnar to be in terms of face heat. The Animal gimmick is the same as Brock's Vanilla Gorilla and "animalistic characteristics". Brock Lesnar vs. Batista is a money match now.

But Brock was more over than Tista....

But Brock was more over than Tista....

agreed, i think he was too.

The next WWE Champion will be one of these 5. #1 being the best bet.

1. JBL

2. Kurt Angle

3. Eddie Guerrero

4. Chris Jericho

5. Christian

I have a gut feeling that the only 3 possible choices to be the next WWE Champion are JBL, Kurt Angle or Eddie Guerrero. I would say Christian but than I thought theres no way in hell I could see him being a World Champion.