TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
krease

Judgement Day

Damn...Cena is bleeding...I think worse than either in last year's WWE Title match...

Worse than Eddie's? Holy crap.

For some moments in the match, Cena's face was pure red it looked like.

Foley in IWA Death match bloody?

I'd say so...

Damn, I have to see some caps of this.

My God, talk about making me have mixed feelings for that match.

It was one of my favorite brawls ever, EVER, but with one of my least favorite finishes in the history of wrestling. Wow.

I love JBL in matches like this, he's one of the best there is in my opinion. I've got to give props to Cena though, he was right there with JBL, and he was bleeding unlike I've ever seen. JBL was tore up also.

So yeah, a great match, with a shitty ending. I can't wait to see JBL explain that one. :)

I give two thumbs up for that one. It wasn't meant to be a standalone match, it's just a single part of the greater story which makes sense to me. The match did what it needed to do, and that was to make their feud that much more interesting and meaningful. If they play their cards right, we could see an explosive finish that we'll always remember and talk about to this Eddie/Rey feud.

Overall, how was the show? Sounds like the best Smackdown PPV since last year's draft, and other than Jordan winning it seemed like the right people went over.

What was the finish to the I Quit match?

From Lords of Pain:

Cena kicked the door off the limo and then followed the champion, who was crawling up onto the big rig. Cena tossed him into a CO2 tank, and it blew everywhere, but then he walked into a DDT! JBL told him to quit, and then hammered him on the back before tossing the DJ equipment off the rig. JBL choked Cena with a chord and then climbed up on some scaffold, and choked Cena. Cena then nailed JBL in the head with a mic, and JBL went falling off the rig through a table! Cena pulled a smoke stack chimney thing off the truck and then went to nail JBL with it, and JBL said he quits before Cena could hit him! Cena wins!

Winner and still WWE Champion, John Cena

The Aftermath:

Cena nailed JBL with the smoke stack and sent him crashing through the glass of the Judgment Day set! Cena went back down to the ring and grabbed his title, and I’m not sure how he can even see with all the blood over his face. Cena celebrated on the ropes with his belt, as fireworks went off all over the arena as Judgment Day went off the air!

...I just noticed...

All the champs retained...

...when's the last time THAT happened?

Not counting the Rumble's two World title defenses by HHH & JBL, it would be Survivor Series 04, and then Backlash 04.

Guest JMA

I honestly forgot there was even a WWE PPV this week. Still, it's good to see that all the champions retained.

It will be interesting to see how JBL/Cena plays out...if at all. My bet is JBL doesn't show up on Smackdown due to injuries thanks to the post match attack.

Sounds like a good show 2005 has been a solid year for WWE PPV's

Cena vs. JBL was one of the bloodiest "I Quit" matches I've ever seen in WWE.

Sounds like a good show 2005 has been a solid year for WWE PPV's

Except for NYR.

Yeah. That PPV will unfortunately be infamous for HHH getting put over again in the Elimination Chamber and two knee injuries happening in the same night (Lita and Eugene).

Michael Cole just talked about how much he loved watching ECW in the day. Boy was that convincing.

Zing~!

I was mostly bored and decided to watch this PPV tonight mainly because I've been amused by some of SMDN's storylines of late, namely Eddie/Rey and even Booker/Angle.

Tonight's show was shockingly good. Going in all I expected was a good to great Eddie/Rey match where Eddie would obviously doing something psychotic to get DQed.

As far as the main event goes, I have no idea what that ending was all about...but man that was a crazy, bloody brawl. Exactly what the WM match needed to be. I got the feeling they realized that match was lacking and kicked it up a notch. All I can figure is that they foreshadowed the ending with the repeated Duran camera shots and mentions of "No mas." Cause JBL just kinda quit mid match a la Duran.

That said, this feud is over with. Finished. No more crap with Bradshaw. Thing is, I have no idea who Cena can feud with at this point. I'd say Eddie since he's far and away the most insane heel right now, but he's still screwing around with Rey. That feud is starting to take on a Roadrunner/Coyote vibe, with Eddie as the Coyote. At some point though they'll have a no holds barred or HIAC match and it's going to get REAL ugly. I'm talking Rey getting beat half to death.

In theory once that happens RVD should be about ready to return and he could avenge his little buddy and take on Eddie.

As far as Angle/Booker goes, I'm sure some are upset about Angle jobbing here but what other alternative was there? The guy has been trying to rape his opponent's wife...he kinda HAD to job. Booker needs to show a bit more vicious emotion, he seemed to just wrestle his normal match instead of one against a guy who was threatening his wife.

Overall a very good show tonight and a pleasant surprise.

Guest BobBacklundRules

I just got back from the show, there was a good crowd, but the matches seemed a little weird.

The crowd wasn't very into the Angle/Booker T match, and the ending was confusing since it didn't build very much.

No payoff for the Rey/Eddie match. Basically a brawl with Eddie working over Rey's back.

The main event was a brawl, with enough blood to make it watchable. It took absolutely no time at all for Cena's face and chest to be covered in blood. No Holy Shit moments, and the ending was very weird.

Overall it was a fun show, but with no payoffs and an anti-climactic finish, it seemed unimportant.

I think Meltzer calling the main event "what will go down in history as the best match of either man's career" is a bit out there but I did enjoy it. Of note, while watching the PPV some indy wrestlers joined our table at the bar and had many unkind things to say about the match so maybe while the rest of the world loves it my opinion was brought down by listening to the people around me at bar.

I dunno, but let me put it this way: Cena's blade was so sick that I swear I thought he just tossed a can of fake blood on his face off camera. You know, if you consider Cena's best matches they've been the Eddie street fight and this tonight. He's obviously a much better brawler than routine wrestler.

I didn't see all of the Eddie/JBL match last year but what I did see seemed sicker...blood was all over the ring there.

No one should have gone in tonight expecting a resolution to Eddie/Rey. Given the way Eddie has acted did anyone think he'd wrestle a clean match without bringing in chairs or getting himself DQed? Hell he got himself DQed against some jobber. This is part of the bigger picture now where the big blowoff will be some sort of street fight, HIAC match, stips galore. And there I think Eddie will just destroy Rey and leave him laying in a pool of blood, take his mask, etc.

Thing is, what is up with Chavo in this feud?

Guest Tjhe CyNick
I think Meltzer calling the main event "what will go down in history as the best match of either man's career" is a bit out there but I did enjoy it. Of note, while watching the PPV some indy wrestlers joined our table at the bar and had many unkind things to say about the match so maybe while the rest of the world loves it my opinion was brought down by listening to the people around me at bar.

To be fair, JBL and Cena were driving by the garage those indy wrestlers were wrestling in and commenting at their lack of ability to draw a crowd.

So it can go both ways

Hey one of them works in TNA! I had no idea who the other two were or why I was even near any of these people (I guess they're just people too) but apparently the "name" one was getting one of the other guys a gig with Burt Prentince.

I also can't believe someone wrote feedback to Meltzer commenting on the little girl's chances of growing up to be hot.

I enjoyed the Cena/Bradshaw match tonight but let's be honest here. It was a bloodbath because neither guy is really worth a shit. The main event was a fun bloodbath but it wasn't especially well wrestled or anything, hell my brother and I noted 5 times or so where JBL missed a spot or looked awkward. It HAD to be a bloodbath, we know a regular match with these two would be death.

Eddie/Rey while a DQ finish was easily a much better wrestled match, while also having some amount of violent brawling.

I also can't believe someone wrote feedback to Meltzer commenting on the little girl's chances of growing up to be hot.

I had similar thoughts when I saw Lindsay Lohan in "The Parent Trap", but at least I kept them to myself.

After checking out the crap that was last week's Smackdown live in Sioux City, IA, I wasn't sure if I should go to this show tonight but I did anyway. Turned out much better than I thought it was going to be. Crowd was pretty hot most of the night I thought, all of lower level and ringside was definitely sold out, and around 1/3 to 1/2 of the nosebleed section was filled, so I would say there had to be at least 80% capacity or so.

No real off air notes to report really other than in somewhat of a surprise, a significant portion of the area I was sitting was not only cheering for Angle but at what his role has been in this rape angle. Most of these people were young guys like me though who I would guess are taking the storyline as a comedic value since they were laughing at the gutterslut lines, etc. Under that same breath, a mom and her young son had seats in front of me down at ringside and subsequentally left after the pretape before that match as I would assume she was really offended at it and didn't want her kid to be watching a match with that sort of buildup. Think about that - she spent $400 on two ringside seats and just walked out on them. On a side note, I'm really seeing WWE shows beginning to have more families attending more than ever since back in the late 80s. They need to take note of that and not book ridiculous stuff like the Booker/Angle storyline that just serves to turn those families completely away. You can still do hard edge storylines but things like this cross that line that I would bet turns more people off from the product than vice versa as a whole, especially those families with disposible incomes.

Eddy got some tremendous heat live for the attack on Misterio. I thought that was a tremendous match and head and shoulders better than their Mania bout. Opener was way better than it had a right to be. I wish I had a picture to verify but I swear to god I thought Melina wasnt wearing anything under that short cut dress, but that couldnt have been the case, could it??!! I just swear I thought I saw a landing strip and nothing more when she did her splits into the ring. Cena was mad over and the crowd was very hot for that match even though a lot of us at ringside couldn't see what was going on due to the fighting near the entrance. But props to both him and JBL in having one fucking hell of a match that made it feel like Cena is definately here for the long run. I think that also elevated JBL too. Cena seems the most over I've seen a WWE face been since Austin or Rock and he is making a killing off the merchandise. The way that match went reminded me of how well a match with Austin/Foley at Over the Edge 98 was in that it was just an all out brawl basically from start to finish and never let up. That entire match, even the intros, just seemed big time and it made up for the lackluster treatment of their match at Mania. Heidenreich is also very over and I dont understand it. That match was once again hard to sit through and watch even though it was a little better than their last one (which I had to be tortured to sit through live last week in Sioux City) but most certainly still a complete waste of time. Heidenreich's offense in general, as well as his selling, it just awful and its accentuated even worse when seeing him live. Crowd seemed to groan at that finish too.

All in all, definitely a thumbs up show with best match going to the main event, worst to of course Heidenreich/Jordan.

I enjoyed the Cena/Bradshaw match tonight but let's be honest here. It was a bloodbath because neither guy is really worth a shit. The main event was a fun bloodbath but it wasn't especially well wrestled or anything, hell my brother and I noted 5 times or so where JBL missed a spot or looked awkward. It HAD to be a bloodbath, we know a regular match with these two would be death.

Eddie/Rey while a DQ finish was easily a much better wrestled match, while also having some amount of violent brawling.

Which is why wrestling fans pretty much suck now...Not exactly insulting you, or trying to say you suck, but a lot of people always talk about how 'the older days' were better and stuff like that, but then again, seriously, now people actually analyze a match to the extent you and yoru bro did? You actually pointed out missed spots, repetitively? Damn. Talk about taking the fun out of a match.