TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
krease

Judgement Day

The event is less than a week away at the Target Center in Minneapolis, MN., and only three matches are announced for what will likely be the last pay-per-view before the draft:

WWE Champion John Cena defends against JBL in an 'I Quit' match. Will the spinner belt survive?

Booker T takes on Kurt Angle in what is turning to an angle on Angle wanting to have “That kind of perverted sex. Bestiality sex.” with that "gutterslut" Sharmell.

Rey Mysterio tries to fend off Eddie Guerrero and his Latino Heat that brutally dropped Rey onto the ring steps and ripped Rey's mask last time.

I hope to god there's more than this to the card.

EDIT @ May 19, 9:57 PM: Three more matches have been officially added to the card:

Big Show vs. Carlito in a match that seems based on a "poison apple". What will they think of next?

WWE Tag Team Champions MNM defend against Hardcore Holly & Charlie Haas for their first pay-per-view championship defense, after losing to the challengers in a non-title match.

U.S. Champion Orlando Jordan defends against Heidenreich, who has a non-title win over him just a few days before the pay-per-view. Tune in for the next episode of 'Adventures of Heidenreich & Friends' - who will be his friend next?

I wonder if the cruiserweight match will be officially added to the card, or will just appear...

Just some quick comments on these three matches.

The title match stipulation should have been used at WrestleMania when it mattered.

Booker T losing another racist angle is just flat out immoral on wwe's part. What makes it worse is it's Booker's REAL WIFE.

Rey/Eddie: see above with title match

The Rey/Eddie match has has great build and should be really good - especially as both men should be desperate to top their lacklustre WM21 match, and I'm interested to see how Cena and JBL can do with a gimmick that should play to their strengths and cover up their shortcomings (and presumably, get given adequate time).

However, the build to Angle/Booker has been utterly stupid, and I haven't really cared about Booker in ages - moreso now he's got that annoying screeching harridan on his arm - and no other matches look like they'll be getting much build at all.

I assume that London vs. Chavo will be announced this week, and probably MNM vs. Hass/Holly and Carlito vs. Show too. Any other possibilities for the card of this mostly weak-looking PPV?

Have a U.S. title match, perhaps? ;)

Maybe O.J. vs. Heidenreich? ;)

Yeah, I got nothing.

It was said a while ago that Carlito/Show were going to have a match, and that seems likely now. I'm also pretty sure they'll add a Chavo/London match based on what happened at the end of last week's 6 man tag, and if they're smart they'll also give MNM something to do.

Does anyone know where I can get a good seat this late? I've been procrastinating...

I bet you could get the front row just by going to the box office.

Maybe a few days before the show but as of right now all thats avaliable is upper level seats. Minnesota hasnt had a ppv in over 6 years so they are having pretty good ticket sales, even if the card is weak as hell.

For a SD PPV, I think it's shaping up to be a decent show. JBL-Cena could be good, but it's nothing that I'm actually interested in seeing right now.

The Eddie-Rey match has the intensity that their WM match was lacking, and I think it will easily take MOTN and could be a MOTY candidate. I'm not expecting Havoc 97, but it should be good.

If Booker-Angle was simply over costing each other the title shot: fine. Turning Angle into a rapist: what the hell? I was interested in seeing the match, mainly since I can't remember them having a match since before the original draft, but using Book's wife is just rediculous.

Chavo-London could be good if given enough time, I think. I wouldn't expect any more than 10 minutes though, which could still be decent. MNM-Haas & Holly is likely only to put MNM over as credible tag champs. I hate the Holly-Haas team, so I'm not looking forward to this. I wouldn't be surprised if Carlito-Big Show is just a 3-5 minute squash.

Guest hhheld_down

seems like the usual lackluster sd! ppv to me, I dont see why wwe waits till the very last week too make the rest of the card when they have had a full month and some weeks to build it up. If it was backlash it would be fine since they had only a couple weeks but this is just laziness. i dont plan on getting it thats for sure. maybe in a month i will get the dvd if they can pull off some good.

and if they're smart they'll also give MNM something to do.

Considering they're the tag team champions?

That doesn't necessarily mean that they'll wrestle on the PPV. There's always the chance some sort of lingerie pillow fight will take precedence to counter the upcoming RAW Diva search II :angry:

The Rey/Eddie match has has great build and should be really good - especially as both men should be desperate to top their lacklustre WM21 match, and I'm interested to see how Cena and JBL can do with a gimmick that should play to their strengths and cover up their shortcomings (and presumably, get given adequate time).

However, the build to Angle/Booker has been utterly stupid, and I haven't really cared about Booker in ages - moreso now he's got that annoying screeching harridan on his arm - and no other matches look like they'll be getting much build at all.

I assume that London vs. Chavo will be announced this week, and probably MNM vs. Hass/Holly and Carlito vs. Show too. Any other possibilities for the card of this mostly weak-looking PPV?

I think Rey-Eddie will be hot and off the chart. Cena and JBL is right as I quit, but I would have preferred it if JBL was going to be de-pushed so much so soon. He wont get another title shot till Cena drops the belt now :( Booker or Angle should have been Cenas 1st oppenent, but theyve done them both to death and I think Booker and Angle will surprise people.

The problem is who could Cena have faced if not JBL, Booker or Angle. Beat the UT? That would have been huge. I think they are looking at a Cena and Eddie mega fued personally down the line and I think that that has the potential to be gold.

CCC is going to get his ass squashed, MNM get over Haas and Holly, plus we get Chavo and London. Hopefully, No Mercy Kidman-London style.

Guest BobBacklundRules

I know for sure that the lower level is sold out. It would be pretty sad if they had to bust out the tarps.

Speaking of, has there been a PPV in recent memory that was obviously poorly attended?

I know for sure that the lower level is sold out. It would be pretty sad if they had to bust out the tarps.

Speaking of, has there been a PPV in recent memory that was obviously poorly attended?

I went to Taboo Tuesday last year in Milwaukee and I have to say that crowd looked dismal there live and I dont follow attendance figures much, but that had to be one of the worst attended ppvs in recent memory. I ended up scoring great lower level seats right in front of the hard cam about a week/week and a half before the show, just as an example.

It is very possible that along with comps, there really wont be many open seats at Target Center on Sunday. I didnt think it would be nearly as hard to find a decent single seat as this. Even Ebay hardly has shit.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Yeah Taboo Tuesday looked really bad, the show in Hartfors looked bad as well.

From what I recall the only 3 PPVs that actually sold out in 05 were Mania, Judgment Day and Summerslam, the rest fell short.

Anyway, I think this will be a strong PPV, maybe the strongest SD show since Vengeance 03.

I thinkt he title match will be solid, just because they'll get a bunch of weapons to use, and it'll be gimmicked up which will hide Cena's weaknesses.

Eddie-Rey should be great, I love what they've done with this program. Having the regualr match at Mania was a great move, because the match was going to be buried on that card, now the rematch looks really hot on a card where its the #2 match on the show.

BT-Angle has one of those over-thought WWE angles, but I think they'll have a strong match.

I dont like that they wait until the last week to make half of the card "official", but its obvious where they are going with some of the matches. London-Chavo has been building since No Way Out, Carlito-Show was taken care of last week, and I would guess we'll get MnM vs Haas and Holly, maybe with the Bashams thrown in there for fun. So its not like those matches have no build to them.

BT-Heidy seems to make sense, even though that match will have no build, which sucks for a US title match. The other idea I was thinking of, was for the Cabinet to punk out Heidenreich, and then they challenge him to a 6 man at the PPV, Hediy says he's got some "friends" who will be at JD, and there they bring back the Dudleys.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carlito-Big Show is just a 3-5 minute squash.

C'mon, don't you have any faith in the power of Carlito's poison apple?

On another note, I'm really hoping they give the other guys with gold something to do; I'm liking MNM, and I don't remember the last time OJ defended his title...

Haha I really can see Big Show dominating the match, with Carlito getting a few little spurts of offense.. then the "Poison" starts to hit Big Show after about 5 or 6 minutes, and he suddenly falls where Carlito scores a pin.

well with more than a month to hype it and focusing more on the #1 contender, it seemed like this ppv would be thrown together but it should be a good show

Guest nokia

Three new matches have been confirmed for this Sunday’s WWE Judgment Day earlier today at the Judgment Day press conference in Minneapolis, Minn. this morning.

WWE stars in attendance promoting the event were: Kurt Angle, Michael Cole, Orlando Jordan, Big Show, JBL, Eddie Guerrero, Joy Giovinni, and John Cena. Approximately 150 people at the conference with over six cameras from local media stations attending. All stars cut a promo each.

The new matches announced for the PPV:

WWE Tag Team Titles

MNM vs. Charlie Haas & Hardcore Holly

Cruiserweight Title

Paul London vs. Chavo Guerrero

U.S. Title

Orlando Jordan vs. Carlito or Heidenreich

One of the media members said he heard from Brock Lesnar that he is on

better terms with Vince McMahon and he's going show up on Sunday at the PPV.

Take that for what it's worth

- Don't know about Brock showing up (What will he do) but nice to see London on a ppv

I think the writing team's trying to tell Booker something.

Like RETIRE!

If bad writing is what the bookers use to get people to leave/retire then they've done a dismal job. (see Heidenreich and Mark Henry)

Besides which, the storyline on Smackdown hurts Angle more than it does Booker. The latter looks like he's just defending his wife while Kurt seems to have become a pervert.

I'm ordering this and despite the poor build-up for most of the card, I cannot wait for Rey vs Eddy and Cena vs JBL. Eddy's bad ass turn on Rey made me want this PPV. I wish the writers would try for the undercard, but I'm ordering this anyways solely for the aforementioned matches.

The title match stipulation should have been used at WrestleMania when it mattered.

No way. The best thing to do is have a regular match at a big PPV (IE WM) then have the gimmick match the next PPV. One of the few things about WWE logic I like.

I was thinking Angle is only using the "rapist" remarks to throw Booker T off his game for the match to make it easier to win....that's where they should go with it. Angle is a guy who'll do what it takes to win a match.

JBL vs Cena - I'm a huge JBL mark. I admit it. I hated it at first, can't get enough now. The I Quit part is nice, but we've seen this match too many times now. To see Cena say I Quit to Bradshaw would be great, but it's not going to happen, and it's not worth 30 bucks.

Angle Vs Booker - HA! The build up to this is golden. A lot disagree. But to hear Angle totally do a 360 and talk about beastiality is fuckin' priceless. Especially with a black woman, commonly related to a monkey. Unbelievable. The match will be decent at best, but god that promo was great. Angle will win.

Rey Vs Eddy - Should be for the WWE title, because when I think of SD!, I think of this storyline. It was greatly drawn out, and the blow off is going to be great. The anger these two are going to spill in the ring, to tell the story is going to be awesome. I'm totally rooting for Rey, but Eddy is going to take this one.

Overall, no, I won't be seeing this one, but it is better then some other recent SD! ppvs. I'm saving my money for One Night Stand.