GreatWhiteNope

One and Only "ECW: One Night Stand" Thread

Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

Can someone explain this whole thing with Bradshaw and soap in the shower?  I remember reading something awhile back about him hazing wrestlers in the shower, but did he actually ass rape them?

Back in 1998, Brian Christopher (at least, it was him according to Dave Meltzer) would drug girls and rape them while they were knocked out. When the wrestlers found out, they held a Wrestler's Court backstage and his punishment was getting the shit scared out of him by Bradshaw. When Christopher was taking a shower, Bradshaw jumped him wearing nothing but cowboy boots. He tied up Christopher's hands and feet and covered him with baby oil and threatened to rape him since he did it to so many girls. But it was just a scare tactic, and Bradshaw didn't really do it.

This story came out when WCW referee Billy Silverman quit WWE in mid-2001 just as the InVasion was starting due to Bradshaw's hazing.

Also with this story came along the one where Charles Robinson was jumped, stripped down to his boxers, tied to an equipment box, and rolled around the backstage area by Bradshaw and other wrestlers.

Can someone explain this whole thing with Bradshaw and soap in the shower?  I remember reading something awhile back about him hazing wrestlers in the shower, but did he actually ass rape them?

Around 98/99 a new wrestler to the company drugged a woman in a bar and went back to the hotel and had sex with her. A couple days (or weeks) later, Bradshaw hazed the wrestler by soaping him up in the shower to teach him a lesson and that "we don't do that stuff around here" The wrestler was said to have been bawling the whole time it took place and Bradshaw never said a word

Guest NewYorkFox

Watching the brawl again, Bradshaw and Meanie were winding each other up from the start. Meanie turned away, and Bradshaw clobbered the back of the head.

It's really quite funny to watch, in a wierd way.

This is from somebody on the Death Valley Driver forums that was at the event:

I was there live and JBL was drunk he was drinking all day and during the spots where they were sitting in the crowd he was drinking beers 2 at a time. During some of the segment he was being yelled at by WWe crew for not being in place or sitting while they were filming other wrestlers. he then would scream and make a ass out of himself with the crew. JBL was on the verge of a huge ass kicking from AL Snow and a few others when Bubba jumped in and pulled him out. There were also a lot of angry words with the crippler and Eddy after Eddies nose was broken and he was legit pissed off.

So that explains the shittyness of Eddie/Benoit. And If I were Bubba Ray, I would have let JBL take the beating.

Allegedly if you watch the replay, if it wasn't for the Dudleys, Bradshaw would have been killed by the ECW guys after he shoots on Meanie. I guess he got roughed up pretty well after that even with the Dudleys trying to protect him.

I don't understand why The Dudleys would try to protect him. Maybe they weren't aware of what he did to Meanie?

Guest Miss Indy Queen

JBL was gunning for Meanie from the getgo. While watching it live we saw them going at it and then realized they were shooting on each other. Al Snow looked super pissed and got in the middle of it. JBL and the guys were pounding drinks at the balcony like there was no tomorrow, and groping the poor waitresses at the Hammerstein. Overall an awesome experience that I wouldn't trade for the world. Well worth the 400 dollars spent to live that experience if for only one last time. Just an emotional rollcoaster last night that I didn't want it to end.

Plus Tommy Dreamer used my Cookie Sheet, how can you go wrong with that :)

I think they realised the severity of the beatdown he was going to sustain, so they stopped it before it got outta hand live.

For the record, I did some research and found out where the heat between JBL and Meanie came from.

Back when WWE was getting shit for hazing in the wake of Billy Silverman quitting the company, Blue Meanie did an interview indentifying Bradshaw as the guy who leads the hazing and called him "The biggest asshole in the WWF".

That's where it came from.

Guest Miss Indy Queen
This is from somebody on the Death Valley Driver forums that was at the event:

There were also a lot of angry words with the crippler and Eddy after Eddies nose was broken and he was legit pissed off.

So that explains the shittyness of Eddie/Benoit. And If I were Bubba Ray, I would have let JBL take the beating.

Benoit and Eddy stood in the ring for a while after their match and Eddie looked legit pissed. I couldn't make out what was going on but it did look like Eddie got his nose broken. The only thing that bothered me was during the match the crowd was more interested in messing with Edge than the actual match.

I thought they were going to do an embrace spot that they couldn't show on TV because Eddie was a heel.

Guess I was dead wrong. Eddie doesn't seem like the type of guy to get pissed off about something so small as a broken nose, especially with Benoit.

Yeah, Im going to have to re-watch that to see what happened with Eddie's nose. I saw blood on it, but I thought that it was the pimple he had a couple weeks back that bled about a minute into his match. This thread now has the most views and something like the second most posts in WWE Folder History, I'll have a look but I assume it would go close to entire Wrestling Forum history as well.

Guest jumpingbombangel
Some of the comments in this thread are ridiculous.

No, chances are f-word chants aren't going to come out in full force on Raw and this isn't some sort of revival of crowds biting back and booing and chanting profanity at bad angles and boring matches.

The thing to remember  is that this was a 0% mark crowd. How do I know this? Because I've been watching WWF since 1999 and even I don't know who half the guys on the card. I've been interested in wrestling for six years yet I'm not a veteran enough to know who's who on the card.

Most WWE viewers, on the other hand, are far markier than I am. And they'll just take what's given to them because it's their idle hobby and not something they obsess over like some people on this board.

And that's why JBL matches and HHH title wins will continue to be met with tepid applause instead of Fuck You chants.

I disagree. If fans can muster up the brainpower to chant "You Screwed Matt," then surely they can get through the stupidity, myopic vision, and (usually) slight Fetal Alcohol Syndrome to realize that their intelligence is insulted on a weekly basis and they deserve better.

Eventually they'll all wise up and stop being so lazy. I can understand a fan from 1999's point of view, though. You haven't been watching long enough to get tired of this particular cycle. A good example is back in 1993 when we were all fed up with that cycle [i.e. Doink the Clown, Lex Express, various BS] and fans were sick of that too. Things didn't really change until 2 years later (granted, that's when the competition got better), but wrestling was ripe for a change then and it's ripe for a change now.

Hell, the Rock didn't become the Rock until the fans told him he sucked ass as a face.

The WWE thinks it's Hollywood; some big production deal. That's why everyone's so apathetic; they think they can't change something so huge.

Thing is, though, Hollywood has always had a good hearty laugh at wrestling because Hollywood knows wrestling will and should always be a dirty, gritty intimate affair between its fanbase and its workers...not something that you stuff in a tux and parade at the Golden Globes with *real* celebrities. That's something the WWE forgot along the way and we need to remind them.

Yeah, Im going to have to re-watch that to see what happened with Eddie's nose.  I saw blood on it, but I thought that it was the pimple he had a couple weeks back that bled about a minute into his match.  This thread now has the most views and something like the second most posts in WWE Folder History, I'll have a look but I assume it would go close to entire Wrestling Forum history as well.

The OAO Wrestlemania XX thread and a lot of RAW threads were deleted.

From PWI:

BACKSTAGE NEWS AND NOTES FROM THE PPV

by Dave Scherer

In talking to a lot of workers since last night's PPV, the prevailing opinion was that they had a lot of fun last night and that it was a great show to be a part of. For many, it brought back memories of how much fun their had in ECW. For others, who never worked there, it showed them first hand what the company was like back in the day.

The word going around backstage was that Rey Mysterio and Psicosis knew their match didn't deliver and they weren't happy about it. But, Rey was working with a bad wheel, so you have to give him credit for trying.

The one negative thing that people were talking about was Bradshaw's throwing legit punches at The Blue Meanie, most probably due to the fact that Meanie has mentioned in the past that Bradshaw is a backstage bully that preys on weaker young wrestlers and makes them the subjects of his high school-like hijinx. Basically, Bradshaw showed himself to be anything but champion-like with what he pulled last night and in fact proved everything that Meanie said about him. The guy is almost forty years old and acts like a 12 year old. It's sad.

I don't understand why The Dudleys would try to protect him. Maybe they weren't aware of what he did to Meanie?

Im pretty sure the Dudleys are tight with Bradshaw and Ron Simmons. If you'll remember The APA "initiated" the Dudleys at Unforgiven 99 with a stiff beating and the Dudleys took it and didn't complain. Possible explaination

Re: the JBL/Meanie altercation

From what I've read elsewhere, JBL shoot punches only opened up an injury Meanie got at the Hardcore Homecoming show. The black eye in the posted picture is probably JBL's work, though. What a dick. Too bad WW_ management won't do shit about his juvenile bullshit.

And damn, that show was awesome. The atmosphere, the energy, the anti-Edge stuff… almost makes me wish I had the 400 bones for the show. Definitely exceeded the expectations I had for the show. Even my PPV-watching buddies who weren't as familiar with ECW were totally floored by how good everything was. Hopefully they won't try this again any time soon, as it would only dilute how special this show truly was.

was it me or when the live feed ended Styles yelled ECW RULES! and the replay he yelled ECW LIVES!

Guest Ronixis

I wonder what Inoki is thinking- The UWFi plans might go ahead after seeing this... I would go as far to saying that if Onita wanted to, he could ask one of the major Japanese Promotions to do another Reunion FMW show...

And maybe, this is the spark that they need to bring Japanese fans to the seats.

It will be a slower process for The Brand than for something like TNA- which as soon as it get s a TV Deal, will start making major changes in the vain of their TNA Produced Hardcore Homecoming- yes, I want TNA to live on (despite everybody saying it cant) because if HH lit a fire on the managment of TNA, then they will stop at nothing, to keep pluging away at a TV deal. Its not going to be Monday Night Wars, but at least Vince will be always trying to recreate 1/10 of what he saw in ONS with The Brand to keep TNA away from shocking him.

If ROH ever wants to get that type of respect ECW had- they cant always produce science based wresling every damn time. Its great to do that...but ROH has to mix it up once in a while. Not everybody can get **** or ***** matches, but get matches that get people buzzing for WEEKS or MONTHS or YEARS...

And you know, maybe just maybe, even Joshi can come back with this formula (Zenjo or FMW Ladies)- The females didnt slut around always (however, it was nice to see Francine and Bulah again and the catfight) but they were just as good and had more inventiveness then the males at times.

Guest Miss Indy Queen
Re: the JBL/Meanie altercation

From what I've read elsewhere, JBL shoot punches only opened up an injury Meanie got at the Hardcore Homecoming show. The black eye in the posted picture is probably JBL's work, though. What a dick. Too bad WW_ management won't do shit about his juvenile bullshit.

Meanie was busted in the back of the head at Hardcore Homecoming and got 14 stitches from it. He was showing some fans at the autograph signing yesterday afternoon. The black eye he didn't have which was a result of Bradshaw's doing.

Guest Lemon Drop Kid

A couple of bones:

1) I don't think Eddie-Benoit was shitty. Disappointing? Yeah, kinda. Shitty? No. I'd say it's a *** match from guys who have clear *****MOTY potential. Naturally, I'd rather they'd lived up to that potential but it was still better than the majority of pro wrestling matches.

2) I didn't get the hate for the 619. I know this is supposed to be old school ECW but a guy isn't allowed to augment his repertoire? If anyone dogged it in that match it was Psicosis.

That said, for a card that had some pretty damn exciting wrestling at times, it was all about the "special" touches and for that, this show was a classic.

I'm watching some old ECW shows from '96, and it's amazing how unique and different those shows were. The editing, the way they shilled, the aura surrounding the low rent production.

Although it was somewhat WWE style production last night, I got that feeling from the PPV.