TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Well the boss probably picks whoever volunteers. If not too bad. Everyone has to work overtime sometimes.

I am just hoping I can get someone to come with me. It's going to be brutal if I have to go alone. I might just wait then. When GC came out random bored people next to be would want to small talk.

I did the midnight wait for GC and Xbox. Xbox had like...10 people. The GC wait was a big line that took ages.

I hate going into Gamestop now. They won't let me leave without preordering.

Just to let you guys know, I posted the results of the spike tv vga show in the vga thread. The results will mainly boggle your mind.

Now that I have a PS2, I rented Tekken 5 (Soul Calibur III was not in) and the shit doesn't work. :(

I'm really wanting to play. I enjoyed 4 and Tag Tournament with my Tekken obsessed friends, and I adored Tekken 3.

Newer PS2s not playing Tekken 5 is a known issue. It's a problem with the system, and newer releases of T5 apparently are going to have to be patched to work.

This is also an issue with the new Japanese silver PS2s.

I actually found out that the Best Buy and Target in my area wasn't doing the whole midnight sale thing for the 360. I thought that the first of the next gen consoles would be deserving of a midnight sale, but I guess they figured that the all the preorders would lessen the in store demand. Yeah right.

In good news, I found out that my XBox just shipped from Walmart.com! Hooray for me!

Newer PS2s not playing Tekken 5 is a known issue.  It's a problem with the system, and newer releases of T5 apparently are going to have to be patched to work.

This is also an issue with the new Japanese silver PS2s.

That's weird. I figured the problem was that the game was scratched, since SDvR and EpisodeIII worked fine.

I'm going to try another copy of the game today, so I guess I'll see.

EDIT: Okay, the new, unscratched copy works fine. I haven't played the actual game yet, but I played through Tekken 3 with King. It was nowhere near as good as I remember it being.

Oh god I just found out Walmart is going to have only 4 Premium pack Xbox 360s. The wait is going to be horrible.....

Oh god I just found out Walmart is going to have only 4 Premium pack Xbox 360s. The wait is going to be horrible.....

Only four? Get ready to start betting on some impromptu fistfights.

I suppose this should be in the SD! thread, but it's not strictly related to that game.

When Nintendo did unlockable content by connecting the GBA to the GC, that was fine.

When they try it with the PSP to PS2 (With Jake Roberts being unlockable), people are bitching about how much BS it is.

:huh:

I don't think anyone actually cared about any of the GC connectivity. People want Jake the Snake.

I braved the black friday crowds in search of a 360 but left empty handed.

I suppose this should be in the SD! thread, but it's not strictly related to that game.

When Nintendo did unlockable content by connecting the GBA to the GC, that was fine.

When they try it with the PSP to PS2 (With Jake Roberts being unlockable), people are bitching about how much BS it is.

:huh:

It was a bad idea when Nintendo did it. It's even worse for a handheld that costs 3x as much.

Sonic 1 is a hard game. If I had been a 10 year-old playing that on the Genesis when it came out, I might have killed someone (or, at least smashed a few controllers) as it was hard enough to get through some spots towards the end even with being able to save it wherever I was.

Top 10 Star Wars Games. It's from someone at GameFAQs, which explains why it's exceptionally retarded.

><

KotOR as the #4 game makes me laugh because that is just so wrong.

Tie Fighter should have been #1 goddamn it. You got to be evil as hell and join the Emperor's Order.

Fuck I love that game.

Man, X-Wing was the first game that ever frustrated the hell out of me. I thought it would be your typical flight sim/shooter. Turned into a maddening trial. The AI was frustratingly difficult, it sucked because you were constantly getting swarmed, and a lot of missions were "make one wrong move and you're dead" 20 seconds in.

I bought X-Wing Alliance just to run simulated battles.... try taking down a Star Destroyer all by your lonesome. VERY hard to do.

That game is a lot of fun. Tie Guardians rule the universe.

Have any of you tried out GUN yet? I picked this up at Blockbuster tonight for under $40/used, and I'm already planning on putting it up on eBay pretty soon. To sum up how I feel about this game, I'll use the same wording that I used for a lot of other forms of entertainment:

While it is a solid game, it's just so horribly and painfully average, that I just can't fully get into it.

I don't know if that makes much sense to you guys, but that's the best way to put what I feel. I enjoy it for what it is, but there isn't anything about it at all that jumps out at me. Every aspect seems to just be very average, that's all.

This one is a rental, and nothing more. I'm just glad that it's such a recent game that I'll end up playing it for free when all is said and done. Heck, I might even make a few bucks on it since on eBay they seem to be going for more than I paid for it.

I know it sounds elitist, but with so many really good, fantastic games out there, I find it hard now to even play a simply average game. It sounds bad, I know, but I can't help that.

I also bought Shadow of the Colossus, so hopefully I'll have better luck with that one.

Also, if any of you care, all brand new video games are $39.99 at Blockbuster right now.

Guest Kou

I have the same thoughts on Gun. It has solid gameplay but it's just lacking in so many other departments to make it a great, or even good game.

Basically I just think the length of the main story killed the enitre game experiance for me.