TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

http://gaming.monstersandcritics.com/xbox3...Duty_5_for_2008

If you’re a dedicated fan of the Call of Duty and Guitar Hero franchises, then the following news will quite literally be bullet-riddled music to your battered and bruised ears.

Specifically, leading third-party videogame publisher Activision has this week revealed that a new Call of Duty title and not one, not two, but three Guitar Hero offerings will be gracing multiple platforms before the end of fiscal 2008 (March 31, 2009).

Shifting its IP profit squeezing into overdrive, Activision has outlined that two of its new Guitar Hero titles will be available by July, while the third is pencilled in for an autumn arrival.

Very little is currently known about the new edition of Call of Duty. However, current chatter does suggest Activision will now alternate Call of Duty productions between Infinity Ward (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare) and Treyarch (Call of Duty 3). Given that Call of Duty 4 was last out of the gate, we’d hedge our bets on Treyarch helming the new title with a return to World War II as the most likely setting.

Other Activision titles set to tempt gamers during 2008 include a new Tony Hawk skateboarding title built on the back of player feedback and improved innovation. Also, Marvel fans can expect another Spider-Man game and even a follow up to Ultimate Alliance -- with Christmas being a sweet spot for release.

And there’s more, a brand new James Bond game will arrive in time to bolster the Hollywood performance of Daniel Craig’s latest outing as England’s favourite super spy in the oddly titled "Quantum of Solace.”

Finally, knee-high gamers should also get a little movie tie-in love from uncle Activision later this year (summer months) with the likes of Madagascar 2 and Kung Fu Panda both confirmed.

Sounds like great news - a new COD - but I really would like more of modern warfare as opposed to WW2 again. I don't know how they'd make the multiplayer as awesome as it is in COD4 in that setting.

God fucking no, not fucking Treyarch for the next CoD, and what the hell happened to "COD3 IS TEH LAST WW2 GAME EVAR!!!!!!!" ?

I guess I could sorta understand, since CoD3 was completely awful compared to CoD2 and CoD4.

According to gamespot.com Marvel Online has been "disconnected".

Here's my response....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yeah, it's as a result of the Marvel license changing hands. But at least now there is hope for Marvel vs. Capcom 3!

I don't think so much its a war we lost as so much it being one of the more unpopular wars we've been in.

That and with WW2, you've got multiple locations... Europe, Russia, Africa, Japan.. Vietnam is just well... Vietnam. Granted, Battlefield:Vietnam was a great game and I wish they'd make a sequel to it or re-release it

Yeah, it's as a result of the Marvel license changing hands. But at least now there is hope for Marvel vs. Capcom 3!

I had no idea the license was up in the air until you mentioned it. But I doubt the Marvel Online cancellation has anything to do with that. The agreement that ended was with EA, which involved fighting games only, as far as I know. There are wholly separate licenses for adventure and role-playing games. While returning to Capcom would be amazing (and I would want them to concentrate on Marvel fighters alone before MvC3, anyway), and although it would seem they're the only contender in the running, it's not a sure thing.

Is there a reason why we don't have very many Vietnam based games? Don't want to promote a war we lost?

I think it's because the last line of Vietnam games that came out a few years ago tanked and tanked hard.

On the next WW2 game, I'd like to be a gunner on one of the bomber planes, belly gunner perhaps...maybe a jet pilot as well. Might be too much to ask for a single game?

Maybe only because flying missions tend to bomb (ugh, sorry for the pun). Now if you were a belly gunner being used as support for a land mission then it could be doable, but to pull people from ground based stages to putting them in the middle of a plane could rile people up.

As far as a squad-based Vietnam game, that could work. I'd rather take a shot at being the Vietcong and set traps and run around in underground tunnels trying to kill the round-eye.

I don't know, personally I enjoyed the bombing mission in COD4...I was thinking somemthing along those lines.

There's no WAY they make a game where we can play as Charlie.

On the next WW2 game, I'd like to be a gunner on one of the bomber planes, belly gunner perhaps...maybe a jet pilot as well. Might be too much to ask for a single game?

While I love the European Theater, I wouldn't mind perhaps moving on to the Pacific Theater. Fighting through the jungles and such.

I agree...it's time to give the Japs what for.

They could start the game with you as a naval officer during the Pearl Harbor attack...tell me that wouldn't be super-intense. If they can make D-Day intense on COD2, imagine what Pearl Harbor could be like.

I don't know, personally I enjoyed the bombing mission in COD4...I was thinking somemthing along those lines.

There's no WAY they make a game where we can play as Charlie.

That was my least favorite level. It was fun at first, but dragged on about 3 times too long.

Anybody here ever went to one of those Video Games Live concerts ? I've been to one of those last Friday and, quite frankly, it was great. They had as a guest the guy who put a video of himself on Youtube playing the Super Mario Bros theme on the piano blindfolded, he also played a medley of Final Fantasy and Namco tunes. This guy plays like an absolute maniac. There even were Space Invaders and Frogger competitions where the orchestra played the music.

Overall a pretty good show. Highlights for me was Metal Gear Solid, Medal of Honor and the arcade classics. There wasn't anything Metroid or Castlevania related however. I've also never seen so much hardcore geeks and nerds in my entire life. I assume myself as a geek (as I do post messages about video games on a freakin' wrestling board) but as long as I don't bring a DS or PSP at a show, having an orgasm hearing over One Winged Angel nor cosplaying myself as a custom-made Mortal Kombat character, I consider myself pretty fine.

I went to the Video Games Live show last June in D.C.. I had a pretty good time, and the show was great. We had some great seats, in the orchestra section about four rows back. Never let an 11-year old girl play Space Invaders.

By the way 10PoundsofGold, did they show the "Junior Kickstart" video before the concert began?

I went to Video Games Live last year. I won tickets off a radio station. It was really fun, the guy who played the piano blindfolded was there and played a few songs, they had the guy was on youtube playing the Contra theme on his guitar there as well. The best thing was that the guy who acutally does Mario's voice and Koji Kondo (the compuser of the Mario songs and Zelda songs) was there as well. Koji actually conducted Mario's theme.

After the show was over there was a autograph session where you could take a poster down a table and have a line of people sign it....I got Koji Kondo's autograph on it...I was a happy Scrob that day.

I think the worse part of the show was this Frogger contest where a 8 year old won a laptop.

I'm going again this year, and yes it's because I won tickets off the same radio station.

By the way 10PoundsofGold, did they show the "Junior Kickstart" video before the concert began?

I had to search to know what the Junior Kickstart video was but yes, they played the Ms. Pac-Man video before the show. I thought it went way too long.

There also was a guest composer, it was one of the two guys who did the Halo soundtrack. He had the audiance do the monk chants before conducting the Halo theme. There wasn't a laptop as a prize but there was one of those arcade cabinet with hundreds of games in it and a DVD with all of the OC Remix songs on it.

I didn't go to the meet and greet as there was way too much people going to the bathroom (first time I ever saw the ladies line go faster than the men's) and to the souvenir table. There wasn't much interesting stuff on sale : some CDs, plush toys and shirts......the only thing I think I would have bought would have been an t-shirt with "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start" written on it :lol:

Hey, I happened to like the video. And before the show started, there was a quick poem:

"Roses are red (html code for red)

Violets are blue (html code for blue)

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US"

I have borne witness to the King of Fighters XII trailer, and it is glorious. I think those sprites are in HD.

Has anyone ever heard of Maniac Mansion, as well as it's sequel, Day Of The Tentacle? I downloaded DOTT off of some website, and it still stood the test of time, after the last time I played that game. It's pretty cool.

Has anyone ever heard of Maniac Mansion, as well as it's sequel, Day Of The Tentacle? I downloaded DOTT off of some website, and it still stood the test of time, after the last time I played that game. It's pretty cool.

I've been looking for an english copy of Day of the Tentacle to download, as I've been stuck with both Swedish and Spanish during my recent SCUUM video game kick.

Playing Indiana Jone and the Fate of Atlantis is like one big flashback to my childhood.

In that case, would anyone in management allow me to upload my DOTT .zip file on here for you and everyone else to download? I got a pretty good version, although it's not the version with the actually full-lenth character talking throughout the game, nor the sound effects. But, it's still good, IMO.

FUCKING YES!!!

Man I really want Nintendo do to a Wii shop release of Maniac Mansion so badly. Day of the Tentacle was such a great game as well.

Hey, I happened to like the video. And before the show started, there was a quick poem:

"Roses are red (html code for red)

Violets are blue (html code for blue)

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US"

So I'm out of loop with that one, could someone explain to me what that is from?