TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Oh, and just when you think the 100 point ratings scale can't be more idiotic....

Gamespot makes t-shirts out of them.

It's a terrible thing, but I almost want to wear that Mediocre shirt. Almost.

I finished Indigo Prophecy last night. As pointed out earlier, the awesome storyline they had going just falls apart near the end. I don't know if I missed a few things, but some of the plot twists that happen make no damn sense to me

especially the Lucas x Carla relationship forming out of nowhere

Guest MikeSC

It was bought specifically for a MMORPG on the PS3 (just as Microsoft bought the rights to a Marvel MMORPG)

Psycho Crusher might not even be the most unbalanced thing about CE Bison. His scissor kicks are strong. They don't knock down and be used for high damage, easy stun combos.

Sagat I think was second in overall character strength, as I remember just wiping out people at times with a fierce Tiger Uppercut.... and the Tiger Knee was awesome for anti-fireball techniques when used right.... that double hit was devastating when used in a combo.

But nothing was cheesier than Bison and corner traps.

I won several tournaments back when SF2: CE came out doing this very thing...that was BEFORE tournament organizers got smart and realized they should probably outlaw said occurence....

Even after, like a half dozen Sonic compilations, Sega didn't/wouldn't bother giving it to us...but finally somebody did.

http://www.sonic-cult.net/dispart.php?cati...subid=2&artid=3

I played it for a heck of a long time and it seems glitch free. It's a full ROM, not just a patch, but you do need to be able to unzip .rar files.

Surprisingly the lower jump doesn't lead to any game-breaking dead ends that I've seen, although some paths are blocked because of it. I got just past Labyrinth Zone before I had to head out.

It's awesome climbing that huge, normally impassable wall in Marble Zone Act 3 and sailing right to the boss encounter, kinda like in Sonic 2.

I won several tournaments back when SF2: CE came out doing this very thing...that was BEFORE tournament organizers got smart and realized they should probably outlaw said occurence....

Cheeseball. :lol:

People had a lot of trouble beating me before I started using Sagat's special attacks because I played a defensive game, and Sagat's reach was wonderful just for that. Mix in a few Tiger Shots, some Uppercuts, and some knees, and I was pretty damned good.

Needless to say I was not happy when the gave him an "upgrade" in Alpha. Even when they upped his speed in Alpha 2, it just didn;t work well.

LOL

hey, I looked at it like this, if it works, why stop doing it? If they can't figure out a way to stop it (fireballs, and I think Blanka's roll attack also), then piss on em...

Guest ABOBO

Disgaea loses a lot on the second time through. More the battle system than the story actually. Leveling up to take on the top challenges was pretty boring since you pretty much have to go to the same stage some 200 or so times. The 5 range sword is cool though. Hope Disgaea 2 ends up better than the recent NIS games.

Does anyone else create fictional characters when they play around with the CAW? I almost never make real wrestlers, but I always make up people. One of my personal favorites, going back to the early days of my Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium days, is very simple character named Suplex King. He's definately inspired by Tazz, but he's some kind of white dude who has as many suplexes as the game engine will allow him and wears orange and black tights. I also, of course, always make myself, and I wear a mask every time I can[like I don't in the AKI N64 ones because the masks are near non existant, one of my few complaints with them). Nowadays my character is some form of my e fed character with my name instead of Otaku II

I usually strive to make the most fucked-up looking guy I can. In VPW2, my guy had rainbow trunks, knee-braces on each knee, the Hakushi writing on his body, Vader style hair (colored blue), an eye patch, curled mustache, Giant Baba's body, green & yellow boots, mismatched elbow pads, and the taped-up hands.

Guest ABOBO

At the recently-held 2005 Nintendo DS Conference, Square-Enix officially announced the imminent arrival of FF5 and FF6 for the GBA, with release dates to-be-announced. FF3 DS was announced for a 2006 release, and SE's Youchi Wada announced that it will be a 100% remake. The remake is being handled by Hiromichi Tanaka, and although the trailer shown at the conference portrayed a full 3D remake, they are attempting to recapture the feel of the original as close as possible:

http://www.gpara.com/news/05/10/news200510059884.htm

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2005/100505a.html

LOL

hey, I looked at it like this, if it works, why stop doing it?  If they can't figure out a way to stop it (fireballs, and I think Blanka's roll attack also), then piss on em...

Now that I remember it, I pissed off my roommate royally when I Tiger Uppercut-ed her Blanka out of her Roll attack. She wouldn;t speak to me for at least an hour.

For those of you who happen to have an extra $4500 (plus tax and shipping) lying around, I present to you this.

For those of you who are clickaphobic, and just because I can't believe the temerity of this, I will lay it out for you. Gamestop is offering the "Omega" XBox 360 bundle which consists of:

360 Premium Pack:

- Xbox 360 Game Console

- Wireless Controller

- Combination High-Definition Component & Standard A/V Cable

- 20GB Hard Drive

- Ethernet Cable

- Headset

- Universal Media Remote

- Xbox Live Silver

- Xbox Live Gold 30-Day Trial

Bundle Games:

- Perfect Dark Collector's Edition

- Project Gotham Racing 3

- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

- Dead or Alive 4

- Call of Duty 2

- GUN

- Quake 4

- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

- Condemned

- Madden NFL 2006

- Kameo

- Amped 3

- Ghost Recon

- NBA 2K6

- NHL 2K6

- Ridge Racer 6

- Top Spin 2

- Need for Speed: Most Wanted

- Tiger Woods 2006

- FIFA Soccer 06

Accessories:

- Extra Wireless Controller

- Wireless Network Adaptor

- Memory Unit

- Fuego Faceplates

- Play & Charge Kit

- Rechargeable Battery

- Xbox Live 12 Month Card

- 1-Year Product Replacement Plan

Then, add in a 42 inch Dell plasma screen TV. Yes indeed, it can all be yours, yes YOURS for the low low price of only $4499.68 plus tax and shipping. I won't even go through the motions of totalling it all up because I'm afraid if I add it to my cart, my bank will call me in the middle of the night just to laugh at me and ask if I had had my identity stolen.

I'll get SC III the day it comes out but I'm not that hyped for it right now. I'm sure I'll get into it when it's actually out.

That has me thinking, who is the actual market leader in fighting games at present? Not in terms of quality, in terms of sales?

I'd probably put my money on something like Mortal Kombat. I know that both DA & D have assisted in the massive MK comeback over the last few years and have both sold truckloads. The juggernaughts, such as Tekken, VF, to a lesser extent DOA etc., offer much more, but I fear that they are becoming so complex that they are scaring off casual fans.

So anyone have any definite numbers?

Overall counting all games from this generation it's probably Tekken, with MK right behind. The single best selling title is probably MKDA.

I can't give you exact numbers but MKD did not do nearly as well as MKDA, which sold over 2 million very quickly. TTT and T4 both sold over a million and T5 will surely do the same eventually. DOA3 is probably at a million by now but I'm not sure about DOAU. Not sure about SC II's long term sales. It did really well at first but quickly went to the bargain bin. Not sure if sales just died or if Namco shipped too many copies.

VF, Capcom and SNK's games are not on that level. Tekken and VF have a strong arcade scene but it's difficult to say how much money that actually makes for Namco & Sega.

But that's just the traditional fighters. SSB Melee did insanely well and probably tops MKDA if you count that as a fighter. Sadly the first DBZ Budoki game was a huge success too. Not sure about the sequels.

Last generation Tekken 3 & MK Trilogy were the top selling fighters. I think MKT in the US and Tekken 3 worldwide.

Deadly Alliance for PS2 sold 1.31 million in the US. Tekken Tag did 1.35. Tekken 4 did 1.16. MK Trilogy for PlayStation did 1.45. Tekken 3 did 2.7.

I'm surprised T3 is the best selling Tekken. However, thinking about it, used copies of it are cheaper and more plentiful than T1 or T2.

Isn't Tekken 4 supposed to be critically and financially the biggest disappointment? Tekken 5 will make money over time, but the tremendous "ho-hum--another friggin' Tekken?" from the gaming community makes me expect poor debut sales.

If those are all US figures, they're misleading, though. Deadly Alliance certainly didn't rake in the Japanese sales, while Tekken 3 probably did well worldwide as well as Japan.

It seems that the only Tekken-related thing to garner much mainstream attention has been the extreme closeups of Jin's sabaceous glands on the PS3 demos. Ita needs to put a poly model of himself in DoA4 and do the same.

Marvel vs Capcom 2's PS2 and X-Box sales are probably relatively low, since it appears there was a relatively limited number of copies made.

Capcom Fighting Evolution obviously had sales as crappy as the game itself, right?

Deception seems to have sold like crap. You can find brand new copies literally at nearly every department store. They're littering the inventory of EB/Gamestop with quite a few used copies that don't seem to be moving. No GH status when games newer than it I believe have already gone GH.

I picked up Dawn of Sorrow, which appears to have been released early. I can't friggin' wait until Saturday--I'll get my paycheck Friday and then I can get a DS to play it on (FYI, I'm holding out to see if I can't find anyplace that has a DS with Mario 64 free. If not, I'm hitting the nearest Best Buy for the system.

Deadly Alliance for PS2 sold 1.31 million in the US.  Tekken Tag did 1.35.  Tekken 4 did 1.16.  MK Trilogy for PlayStation did 1.45.  Tekken 3 did 2.7.

MKT has another million from the N64 version.

MK4 did surprisingly well too.

no, that's actually a good question, though I'm sure it'd be Mario by a landslide...to be fair, we'd have to narrow it down to a time period, like, say during the Genesis/Super NES days...