TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

But nothing was cheesier than Bison and corner traps.

I won several tournaments back when SF2: CE came out doing this very thing...that was BEFORE tournament organizers got smart and realized they should probably outlaw said occurence....

I swear by the corner trap. I worship the corner trap at the church of my choice.

The damage settings and frequent dizzes are ridiculous in CE and the other cps1 SF games.

3rd Strike = best 2D fighter ever.

Exed Exes pissed me off on CCC last night. I was getting bored and just wanted to finish the damn game so all it's bonuses would be unlocked... I thought it was over after Stage 17 or so when I destroyed every boss and it said "Congratulations!", but it kept going so I couldn't stop just yet... then the game freezes on me and I get nothing, so I have to do it all over again.. argh.

But nothing was cheesier than Bison and corner traps.

I won several tournaments back when SF2: CE came out doing this very thing...that was BEFORE tournament organizers got smart and realized they should probably outlaw said occurence....

I swear by the corner trap. I worship the corner trap at the church of my choice.

Thank God SFA made cheesy fighters pay for their lame strategies with the Alpha Counter.

I absolutely hated 3rd Strike. It wasn't bad for an attempt to revitalize SF, but it was lacking in something.

Exed Exes pissed me off on CCC last night. I was getting bored and just wanted to finish the damn game so all it's bonuses would be unlocked... I thought it was over after Stage 17 or so when I destroyed every boss and it said "Congratulations!", but it kept going so I couldn't stop just yet... then the game freezes on me and I get nothing, so I have to do it all over again.. argh.

One of the few games on there I haven't played much...

Forgotten Worlds' crappy dubbing and bad translation rocks.

"I'll burn him with my aura!"

I beat the game with a friend.

ABOBO: Don't forget that there's that Peach platformer, too.

Thank God SFA made cheesy fighters pay for their lame strategies with the Alpha Counter.

Well, they were kind of cheesy, and SFA also introduced chain combos to a "real" SF game (although they were gone by A2, replaced with perhaps the even cheesier customs).

no, that's actually a good question, though I'm sure it'd be Mario by a landslide...to be fair, we'd have to narrow it down to a time period, like, say during the Genesis/Super NES days...

Well, Sonic certainly helped Sega close the gap. I forget, did Sega ever actually pass Nintendo when it came to shares of the market, or did they get close only to have both of them sink when Sony stormed in with Playstation?

Well, Sonic certainly helped Sega close the gap.  I forget, did Sega ever actually pass Nintendo when it came to shares of the market, or did they get close only to have both of them sink when Sony stormed in with Playstation?

In the US, Sega had more market share late midway in the 16-bit wars, which I *think* gave them the edge worldwide. I think we're talking around 94.

It's tough to really measure. Genesis was out sooner and sold more, but when it was the actual SNES vs. Genesis years, the SNES slightly outsold it, most of the "lead" coming up in the final 2 years.

For those thinking of judging the Mario games to the Sonic games during the SNES/Genesis era...

That'd be kinda un-even...since Mario really didn't have as many games as Sonic did.

Unless you count the Donkey Kong Country games, as well as the puzzle games (including Wario's Woods) into the total.

Good point...four regular platformers, Spinball, 3D Blast, all of those Game Gear games...

vs. SMW 1 and 2, RPG and Kart? Although the GB Marios kind of even it out, depending on whether you count Wario Land 1.

There's Tetris and Dr. Mario, kind of cancelled out by Dr. R's Mean Bean Machine.

All Stars which is kind of cancelled out by Sonic classics...but we know who sold more systems in that case.

Do we include Mario Paint? Knuckles' crappy 32x game which is inconsequential? The Yoshi games (not counting YI which was SMW2)?

Guest ABOBO

Isn't it going to be hard to get accurate numbers since SMW was the pack in for a large length of time?

Guest Smues
Good point...four regular platformers, Spinball, 3D Blast, all of those Game Gear games...

vs. SMW 1 and 2, RPG and Kart?  Although the GB Marios kind of even it out, depending on whether you count Wario Land 1.

There's Tetris and Dr. Mario, kind of cancelled out by Dr. R's Mean Bean Machine.

All Stars which is kind of cancelled out by Sonic classics...but we know who sold more systems in that case.

Do we include Mario Paint?  Knuckles' crappy 32x game which is inconsequential?  The Yoshi games (not counting YI which was SMW2)?

Don't forget the Sonic game that used the Sega mouse. I think it was a mario paint ripoff, but I can't really remember anything about it.....other than the fact I might still have it in my closet.

I would have guessed that was a Pico game, but you could be right.

ABOBO: Good point, but Sonic 2 was packed into tons of systems too.

Have you ever been to a Gamestop/EB and not seen about 4-5 of those?

Hey here's the best thing about that above GameFAQs thread:

That being said, I want to thank you in some small way for your input as I sign off. So I tell you what I'm going to do...

I'm going to give you the hidden unlock code to all the CCC Bonus Material. Obviously it's more fun to work for your rewards, but for those of you who just cannot wait here it is:

To unlock all bonus art, cast, tips, and music files for all games, plus unlock weapon select in all three GnG games (use L/R on Right Analog Stick to switch weapons), input the following code on the CCC Title Screen:

(PS2)

L1, R1, Up R-Analog, Down R-Analog, L1, R1, Up L-Analog, Down L-Analog, L1, R1, Up D-Pad, Down D-Pad

(Xbox)

L, R, Up R-Analog, Down R-Analog, L, R, Up L-Analog, Down L-Analog, L, R, Up D-Pad, Down D-Pad

You will see "All Locks Open" at the top of the screen if you successfully input the code.

Thanks again guys and take care!

well, Andrew, it's just like what we argued about before, you just HAD to know it was gonna happen somewhere, sometime...now it's just a matter of whether it actually makes a difference or not...time will tell...

well, Andrew, it's just like what we argued about before, you just HAD to know it was gonna happen somewhere, sometime...now it's just a matter of whether it actually makes a difference or not...time will tell...

Well, it's not like it's being imposed in a sane state or anything, but it is still disconcerting.

That's going to spark some great parent-gamestore worker dialog.

Somehow, I can't compel myself to feel much more than apathetic and cynical in regards to the decision. Either the bill is going to get overturned and we'll go back to square one in the matter, or it'll go into motion and have no big effect on my gaming. Both ways, I get to see my tax dollars go up in smoke.

Agreed. Never underestimate what powerful corporations can do when oppressed by idiotic politicians.

I now am the proud owner of an Electric Blue DS and am playing Dawn of Sorrow.

Guest MikeSC

I'll tell the same story I've told about the idiotic ratings system:

I worked for EB right when the ratings hit. For one week, I decided to enforce them.

I got complaints by parents constantly and they always (and I mean, legitimately, 100% of the time) would call me an obscene name for wasting their time and then buy the game for their kid.

If parents don't care --- it's not retailers job to do their job for them.

I kind of like this. Mike's point that parents bitch at voluntary enforcement means that "it's the law" is a whole lot easier to swallow. There is figures that show that kids are buying games rated for an age older than they are quite a bit. Nobody is saying the parent should be replaced by any rating system, but that the parent should make that decision instead of having a 13 year old come up to the counter with Doom 3.

Besides, the next time some parent from California bitches, there's nobody to blame but themselves.