TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Has anyone here tried BG1 with the mod that makes it more of a ...BG 1.5-ish thing? New spells, new classes from BG2, and all kinds of stuff. I've never tried to, but it's supposed to be pretty fun.

I was playing some of snatcher yesterday, Kojima needs to make a proper follow up of that.

While you know of its existence, there is Policenauts.

But, baby steps here; when Snatcher comes out on a system that's not either unknown to most US gamers or a system upgrade usually mentioned today only to note Sega's many bouts of utter incompetence, then lets hope for a sequel.

Currently renting out Indigo Prophecy and played it for about 2 hours. For something that's almost an interactive movie, something has managed to keep me interested in the game.

I thought the game was awesome until the story just totally falls apart about 3/4 of the way through. Very unfortunate, because the game was a breath of fresh air. Hopefully it sells ok and the engine can be used for a game with a better story.

Has anyone here tried BG1 with the mod that makes it more of a ...BG 1.5-ish thing? New spells, new classes from BG2, and all kinds of stuff. I've never tried to, but it's supposed to be pretty fun.

It's called BG1TuTu and you can get it from here BG1TuTu

I've tried it, and it certainly makes BG1 a better game to play. You need to have installed BG1 and BG: TotSC, as well as BG2 and BG2: ToB to play it.

One time, years ago, my friend was holding one of my SNES controllers and brushed some dust off the TV. HE got a static shock from the TV and the controller ended up acting all wonky (nothing would play right because the controller was always making things happen on screen, mostly scrolling on a list... basically the d-pad seemed messed up due to this smal static shock). I called a number for Nintendo's customer service that I got from a Nintendo Power magazine and explained the problem to them. Apparently they misunderstood that I was saying my friend got a static shock and thought he was eletrocuted and seriously hurt. I kept telling the guy on the phone he was fine but it messed up my controller. They sent me a free one!

I had heard of it, but never tried it. I've modded BG2 many a times, but never BG1.

If it takes Tales of the Sword Coast, then fuck...I just got regular BG1 :(

Get TotSC. Look on eBay and you can get it, or both it and BG1 really cheap. It'll be worth it. As I said earlier, playing BG1 as is when you've just played BG2 really makes the first game seem old. With the Mod, BG1 plays so much better.

One time, years ago, my friend was holding one of my SNES controllers and brushed some dust off the TV. HE got a static shock from the TV and the controller ended up acting all wonky (nothing would play right because the controller was always making things happen on screen, mostly scrolling on a list... basically the d-pad seemed messed up due to this smal static shock). I called a number for Nintendo's customer service that I got from a Nintendo Power magazine and explained the problem to them. Apparently they misunderstood that I was saying my friend got a static shock and thought he was eletrocuted and seriously hurt. I kept telling the guy on the phone he was fine but it messed up my controller. They sent me a free one!

The same thing happened to a PS2 controller of mine some time ago, without the phone call. I jumped up during a match in HCTP, my hand brushed against some metal thing on the coffee table, and that was that.

A question:

How come Nintendo has yet to make a portable version of Super Smash Bros.?

Eh. I doubt the Advance or even the DS could accurately capture the insanity.

It did an above-average job, but didn't perfect it. Those who have never played the original and pick up Mario 64 DS often hold in much higher regard than those who were around when the original came out and played it. The game was created for use of an analog stick, not a directional pad. Granted, you can use the touch screen, which tries to simulate the stick but still comes up a little short. That's not to say the game isn't genius though, because it is.

I had to get a new X-box from Eb games yesterday for like 70 dollars and was up softmodding this one ( I realized that i am never going to ever use X-box Live, so why waste the time and energy on a mod-chip) But to pay for the X-box, I went to MovieTrader and bought 15 different games for 3.99 and got 10 dollars each for them with EB games running that additional 5 dollars for each trade in special.

I am thinking about trading in my gamecube, all of its games, backing up all my xbox games and trading them in and probably doing the Movie Trader thing again, to work up about 200-300 bucks in store credit to get a Xbox 360.

i figure I will wait till someone mistakenly buys the barebones version, returns it and buy that one refurb for like 250. Then get the harddrive. I know this sounds stupid, but like I said, I don't use Live so I don't need the headphones, I hate wireless controllers...they just feel weird to me, and i could give a crap about a face plate. Either way, it will save me 50 bucks.

Ripper - Gaming for free since 2002

Controlwise I'm not surprised M64DS couldn't quite pull it off, but Smash Bros uses a simple control scheme and surely the DS could handle the graphics (powerwise its supposed to be equal or better than N64, although resolution may still suffer because of the small screen), so why not?

Ripper: What games do you have for GC that you were planning to trade in? You could probably get a better deal from people on here than some trade-in place.

I doubt it. NBA Street 2, Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil Remake, True Crime, Time Splitters 2, NFL Street, Luigis Mansion, Metroid Prime, X-men Legends.

There is no reason you shouldn't be able to find all these games for under 10 bucks. And since that is what they are giving me for pretty much all of them (8 bucks for luigis mansion) they are actually a better deal. Unless I can find some really REALLY stupid store that will buy them for more.

I could probably get more money for the cube itself though.

Another thing about a possible DS Smash Bros...

With the two screens, imagine the size of the levels you could battle in.

Somewhat similar to how that DS Sonic Game is making two screens for the levels, I could easily see DS Smash Bros. having two screens for the fighting area.

Gotcha, so sounds about right.

I picked up the Capcom Classics Collection, which shockingly enough is indeed $19.99. Piledriving Roxy as I type this.

Somewhat similar to how that DS Sonic Game is making two screens for the levels, I could easily see DS Smash Bros. having two screens for the fighting area.

Guilty Gear Dust Strikers uses both screens, so I don't see why not. Plus you can do up to 4 player simultaneous with supposedly no slowdown (at least in preview versions).

After getting over the novelty of having the arcade ROM of Final Fight available to play and SF2/CE/T available, I'm playing some of the other games in the collection.

Trojan is a blast.

Incidentally, the cross-game matching and remixed soundtracks are included for the SF2s. However, the art/bios/hints are still exclusive to the SFCollection2/Generations version.

Square Enix Swallows Taito

The Bubble Bobble company officially has a new parent.

by Patrick Klepek, 09/28/2005 

Companies are being gobbled up left and right in Japan. Rising next-generation development costs, sluggish sales and stagnating creativity are all understood culprits, but no one's really sure about Square Enix's decision to buy up Taito.

Maybe we'll finally have that Final Fantasy vs. Bubble Bobble board game I've always dreamed of, but that still doesn't explain the out-of-left-field purchase.

September 28 is the date of the share transfer between Square Enix and Kyocera, the previous majority shareholder, which means today Square Enix officially has control over Taito and its assets. The purchase of Taito was made in cash and delivered to each individual share holder.

The next step for Taito is a massive corporate restructuring, a literal change of game plan for the company's future. The ripple effect upon gamers, however, probably won't be seen for months or years; the results of the Square and Enix merger weren't seen over night.

Okay, I know what some folks are thinking. "Taito...they made Bubble Bobble/Bust a Move...and...what?"

See: Taito Legends, which is getting a US release thanks to Sega.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/13/news_6133138.html

Taito Legends has not yet been rated by the ESRB and will be available for $19.99. A list of all 29 games is below.

•Battle Shark

•Bubble Bobble

•Colony 7

•Continental Circus

•Electric Yo-Yo

•Elevator Action

•Exzisus

•Gladiator

•Great Swordsman

•Jungle Hunt

•New Zealand Story

•Ninja Kids

•Operation Thunderbolt

•Operation Wolf

•Phoenix

•Plotting

•Plump Pop

•Rainbow Islands

•Rastan

•Return of the Invaders

•Space Gun

•Space Invaders

•Space Invaders part II

•Super Qix

•Thunderfox

•Tokio

•Tube It

•Volfied

•Zoo Keeper

Capcom's raised the bar for compilations, but still well worth 20 bucks, IMO.

Since I wasn't a gamer until the 90's, I'm not the one to ask about obscure 20+ year old arcade games, I'm afraid.

Jeremy Parish did a blog entry on Taito Memories 1, which includes some of the games.

http://toastyfrog.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicU...pager.offset=30

Taito Legends includes a few of the games from Taito Memories 1 and 2, but also ones not featured on either. So, if it sells well, there's plenty of material for a huge followup.

Also, the side of the box says that the full title is "Capcom Classics Collection Volume 1." There is a trailer for the PSP version, which includes games that may be in the console Vol. 2. Included in the trailer, but not in the console version are:

Avengers

Strider

Magic Sword

Captain Commando

Speed Rumbler

Willow

Last Duel

Black Dragon

Block Block

Quiz & Dragons

Mega Twins (Chiki Chiki Boys )

Those and the console "volume 1" indicates that apparently a followup is in the works, but the sheer number of licensed titles Capcom made cuts down the possible list by quite a bit. I suppose they could throw SF1 into one of them, though. I'm surprised Willow is going to be on there...

Although hopefully they don't end up with a lackluster "leftover" collection, featuring a few games that are rare but not really warranting a purchase by themselves. See: MAT3, Namco's 50th, to a certain extent Sonic Gems and definitely its rumored followup.

EDIT: Oh, and I may very well be wrong about Capcom Classics Collection's SFs--you can unlock "Art 1","Art 2" "Tips" and "Cast" (and "Music for Hyper Fighting) for each game. So it *may* have all of the hidden material from SFC2 on there as well.

Since I wasn't a gamer until the 90's, I'm not the one to ask about obscure 20+ year old arcade games, I'm afraid.

The only thing that dissappoints me about the Taito collection is no Double Dragon 1 and 2 and no Renegade...but with games like Operation Wolf, Op. Thunderbolt, Elevator Action, Rastan and Gladiator, you really can't go wrong...if of course you're from that area...not sure how you or others would take this stuff, but it's all the shit I grew up on...If I'm not mistaken, Technos had a connection at some point with Taito as well, that would give us Wrestlefest and WWF Superstars...

Konami needs to get on the ball: TMNT, TMNT 2, Sunset Riders, X-Men, Simpsons, Vigilante, that goofy 4 player wrestling game, etc. That would be heaven...

Unfortunatley we live a world where putting X-Men or Simpsons games on an old school comp game would cause quite the legal battle... I think. Correct me if I'm wrong but at this point Capcom couldn't even put a vs. X-Men/Marvel game out on a comp, right?

Damn copyrights! Robbing us of having WrestleFest be re-released.

The only thing that dissappoints me about the Taito collection is no Double Dragon 1 and 2 and no Renegade...but with games like Operation Wolf, Op. Thunderbolt, Elevator Action, Rastan and Gladiator, you really can't go wrong...if of course you're from that area...not sure how you or others would take this stuff, but it's all the shit I grew up on...If I'm not mistaken, Technos had a connection at some point with Taito as well, that would give us Wrestlefest and WWF Superstars...

Konami needs to get on the ball: TMNT, TMNT 2, Sunset Riders, X-Men, Simpsons, Vigilante, that goofy 4 player wrestling game, etc. That would be heaven...

The Main Event! was the greatest button masher game ever made......its up there with Track & Field.

if you were fast on the button, you could go all the way to the championship bout if you took El Condor because of his figure-four.

Konami needs to get on the ball: TMNT, TMNT 2, Sunset Riders, X-Men, Simpsons, Vigilante, that goofy 4 player wrestling game, etc.  That would be heaven...

Well, everyone knows of Elevator Action and Operation Wolf, and Rastan to a lesser extent. Most of the stuff on the Japanese compilations make me draw a blank, though.

Double Dragon Advance is better than the arcade version, but trying to play 2P on it is a real pain in the BUTT, unfortunately.

Konami has totally missed the boat on compilations, though. They've got a Castlevania and Contra compilation...for PC, that's like really old and I dont' think it's compatible with computers beyond Win98, and they're strictly NES games. Aside from that, they have some rather skimpy GBA collections of the ancient stuff, but that's about it.

I'm betting if Igarashi has his say we'll get a CV compilation, but it would need to include Rondo of Blood or there will be some very disappointed fans.

Now would be a good time to jump on the bandwagon, with them having the TMNT rights, but it seems like they'd prefer to use it as unlock bonuses on the newer games.

Unfortunatley we live a world where putting X-Men or Simpsons games on an old school comp game would cause quite the legal battle... I think. Correct me if I'm wrong but at this point Capcom couldn't even put a vs. X-Men/Marvel game out on a comp, right?

Nobody seems to own *exclusive* rights to release Marvel games, but likely Capcom would have to pay to use those characters. EA has exclusive rights to use those characters in online games, though. However, if Capcom could give Marvel a chunk of the change, I'd be willing to get a compilation with all of the Capcom Marvel games (or most), which amounts to a heck of a lot.