TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Mario 64 is overrated.  Very good, yet overrated.  Still, I plan on getting the DS version soon.

Incorrect. Mario 64 is the best Mario game made. I still play that game more than any other game on my 64.

agreed. Definitely a milestone game in history.

..cept I play No Mercy on my 64 about as much, if not a little more =)

Mario 64 is overrated.  Very good, yet overrated.  Still, I plan on getting the DS version soon.

Incorrect. Mario 64 is the best Mario game made. I still play that game more than any other game on my 64.

That's insane. SMB 3 and Super Mario World are about 47,000,000 times better.b

Mario 3 ranks second behind Mario 64. There's so much in Mario 64 that's new to the player, mostly the fact that it's in 3 fucking D. Mario 3 was another side-scroller (albeit a very good one and one of my favorite games of all time.)

As for that Super Mario World nonsense, fuck that. I hated that game.

agreed. Definitely a milestone game in history.

..cept I play No Mercy on my 64 about as much, if not a little more =)

No Mercy has officially run its course with me. I have bought three bugged copies of the game in succession and have now gone exclusively to Revenge. Same control system, missing a few details (CAW and specialty matches), but otherwise it's pretty much the same game. And no bugs.

I guess Im in the minority here. I didn't HATE Mario 64, but I feel its far from the greatest Mario ever. That recognition goes to Super Mario 3.

The main thing I didn't like about No Mercy was how the game slowed to a crawl once you had 4 wrestlers on screen. The game ran perfectly fine with 3, but the speed dropped by over half with 4 on screen.

It's a little hard to directly compare them. SMB3 was a game that redefined platformer games in its time.

Mario 64 had less to do with the old Mario formula as it did providing tons of fun tasks to complete in lieu of star-collecting. While, when you break it down, it was a collect-a-thon, the actual tasks to be completed were damn fun. It was more Mario against the environments, gravity, and other external dangers than it was Mario against Bowser's baddies. The freedom and exploration provided made the game.

At any rate, my 2 copies of Mario 64 were stolena long with my other N64 games, but I just purchased Mario 64 DS from a guy on Cheap Ass Gamer for $17.

I'm also trying to buy SMB Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 from a guy on here, although I have the NES version already.

I went to the Best Buy in Riverside, California, last night. It is one of a handful of BB's to sell used games. They had only maybe 25 titles, none of interest, except for one- WWF Raw for the Sega Genesis. I love that game but had never owned it. I had satisfied my 16 bit rasslin' fix by playing Royal Rumble on my Genesis. Needless to say, I picked up Raw for that price, complete with case and manual.

Guest T®ITEC

So, let's say I preordered a game at GameCrazy, and that game is supposed to be released today. Am I going to be notified when the game is in stock, or should I just pop in and check?

Advent Children tosses away video game logic for anime logic, reuses a couple minutes of animation to cut costs, and has a plot that resembles a fan fic but still was overall somewhat entertaining.

So, let's say I preordered a game at GameCrazy, and that game is supposed to be released today. Am I going to be notified when the game is in stock, or should I just pop in and check?

Although other places such as Gamerush do not, GameCrazy usually calls you regarding pre-orders.

By the way, I did end up getting Day of Reckoning. While it's not perfect, it probably has the best wrestling engine on this generation of consoles, and what I especially love is finisher submissions are much more dangerous, getting a yellow if you're good even without any work on that body part as well as allowing for damage to multiple parts(ie the Sharpshooter works both the legs and the back, unlike the Smackdown Sharpshooters). I can't wait to finish this one's story and look into Day of Reckoning 2

Guest T®ITEC

My goodness, Dynasty Warriors 5 is fun/hilarious/queer at some points. This game is great.

Was skimming around 1up and found out that Monolith Soft is...

a) Making Xenosaga 1 and 2 for DS--which will be a stripped down, 2D, more old school version of the first two games.

b) Working on Xenosaga ep 3--Thus Spoke Zaratharus--which will be the LAST in the series. Apparently Ep. 2 was such a colossal failure that they've chopped out two of the planned games.

WHOOOOOOOO!

Guest T®ITEC
Told you.

Wait till you unlock Zuo Ci.

Hah hah, oh, man. He looks crazy and fights with paper. If Three Kingdoms has taught me anything, it's that Taoists are evil/crazy and simply shouldn't be messed with. Yet they are continually screwed with... poor Sun Ce.

I've done Ling Tong's and Zhang Liao's story modes so far. I'm surprised how they've simplified Liao this time around. He's been to reduced to little more than "GRRR ZHANG LIAO POWER LOYALTY STRENGTH ><", with a little Lu Bu worship thrown in for good measure. Pathetic, considering he was a lot cooler and more thoughtful than that.

I'm doing Xiahou Dun's next, and/but I can't go to sleep tonight until I do Zhang He's story mode.

Sima Yi sounds like a jackoff.

Told you.

Wait till you unlock Zuo Ci.

Hah hah, oh, man. He looks crazy and fights with paper. If Three Kingdoms has taught me anything, it's that Taoists are evil/crazy and simply shouldn't be messed with. Yet they are continually screwed with... poor Sun Ce.

I've done Ling Tong's and Zhang Liao's story modes so far. I'm surprised how they've simplified Liao this time around. He's been to reduced to little more than "GRRR ZHANG LIAO POWER LOYALTY STRENGTH ><", with a little Lu Bu worship thrown in for good measure. Pathetic, considering he was a lot cooler and more thoughtful than that.

I'm doing Xiahou Dun's next, and/but I can't go to sleep tonight until I do Zhang He's story mode.

Sima Yi sounds like a jackoff.

So as a massive DW fan, I should purchase DW5?

Guest T®ITEC

You have a PS2, right? I think the XL version is coming out in a couple of months. You should wait and pick that up. It's supposed to have all of the neat stuff from 4 that they took out of 5.

It's a very fun game. The individual story modes are really good. It seems to be taking me the same amount of time to clear through 5 stages of story mode than it took to go through 14 stages in DW4's story mode. But maybe I'm just bad at this.

It's more challenging, to be sure. The new characters that I've played (Ling Tong and Xing Cai) are fantastic. I think it's kind of cool that characters actually die in story mode. It was lame in 4 to have Sun Jian as your commander the whole time since he died about three seconds after Wu began.

I'm glad I picked it up. If you liked 3, you'll probably adore 5 since it seems to take a lot of elements from that.

As a massive DW fan, you should already have this. DW5 is what every other Dynasty Warriors game wished it was.

In terms of difficulty, it really isnt that much tougher than DW4. However, there is 'Chaos' mode, which is for the hardcore. It's a pretty irritating mode in that Koei have not jacked up the difficulty as such, they've just ridiculously given you a colossal disadvantage. For example, say I'm Guan Yu playing Hu Lao Gate on Chaos. I'm built up quite well and can take on just about anyone. When Lu Bu charges out, he kills me in *one shot*.

So forgetting about Chaos mode, this game is the shit. I can finally play as Xiahou Yuan without the stupid 'lock-on' detriment from DW4.

...yes, I like Yuan.

UYI

Guest T®ITEC

Yeah, I figured it was just me being inept when Gan Ning killed me in two seconds. That asshole.

And UYI, you're the first and only person I've ever heard of that likes Yuan. I salute you. Man, maybe he is really is good. I tried him once in 4, and hated him. Him and his clunky musou... Hm... Convince me to try the big lug! Hah.

On an unrelated note, getting 1000 kills seems to be much easier to do now. I'm excited for the chance to try and beat my kill record from 4 (3602). I'm hope it won't take 81 freakin' minutes this time.

Guest Prodigy

Thinking of getting into the Fire Pro series. Which is better Fire Pro 1 or 2 for the GBA? Feel free to recommend other Fire Pro games, but these are the two I'm considering for now.

That's a pretty huge amount of kills, Tritec. I think the greatest I ever did was with Lu Meng (don't ask how, as I happen to be crap with him these days) on the mega-hard Nanman level of DW4. I think I hit about 2500 or so.

Yuan is awesome, but I'm pretty biased towards Wei. Unlike Huang Zhong, Yuan's charge bow attack stuns at the end, meaning that, when you use it, it doesnt leave you wide open to be slaughtered by any nearby officers. Plus Yuan has about 600 times more personality than his older rival. He was pretty much unplayable in DW4 because of that bloody lock on feature. Now that it is gone though, he is quite capable of doing some serious damage in good hands. He needs to be built up a fair bit before he really starts to hit his stride though.

Wait until you unlock Lu Bu's ultimate weapon. Just when you thought they couldn't make him anymore of an unbeatable frikken monster, they give him a weapon that practically renders him invulnerable on the battlefield. In fact, if you play as Lu Bu at Xia Pi and destroy all the main officers yourself, you get loads of praise from your comrades.

Zhang Liao: 'With Lu Bu on our side we can't lose!'

Amen, brother.

UYI

At any rate, my 2 copies of Mario 64 were stolena long with my other N64 games, but I just purchased Mario 64 DS from a guy on Cheap Ass Gamer for $17.

I'm also trying to buy SMB Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 from a guy on here, although I have the NES version already.

I went to the Best Buy in Riverside, California, last night.  It is one of a handful of BB's to sell used games.  They had only maybe 25 titles, none of interest, except for one- WWF Raw for the Sega Genesis.  I love that game but had never owned it.  I had satisfied my 16 bit rasslin' fix by playing Royal Rumble on my Genesis.  Needless to say, I picked up Raw for that price, complete with case and manual.

I still have that one (got it with the genesis for xmas 95). Its cool for a old shcool game. It had real finishers! (this was a big deal to me back then) plus the mega moves. and a ref you could beat up