TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

MagicBox has reports of a Seiken Densetsu/Secret of Mana game for the DS and a PS2 sequel to Disgaea. Needless to say, my ears are perked.

I was IMing a friend about the situation, and the topic game up..."Whatever happened to Data East?" I did a little research, and found out. They weren't bad enough dudes to rescue themselves from bankrupcy.

Wireless game publisher secure the rights to the Data East software library.

TOKYO--Mobile game publisher G-Mode has acquired the rights to over one hundred game titles owned by Data East. This includes classic games like Burger Time and more recent releases such as Magical Drop. G-Mode aims to release a select number of the Data East titles on mobile phones starting this summer. "We hope to expand our business and meet the demands of new customers," the company said in a statement.

Data East has released a number of popular games on platforms ranging from arcade to console. Some of its best known franchises are Bad Dudes, Karnov, Metal Max, and the Fighter's History series. In 1999, Data East sought protection in Japan's bankruptcy court and started on the road to reorganizing its 3.3 billion yen ($31.2 million) debt. Ultimately, Data East closed its doors in July, 2003.

G-Mode is a game publisher that releases Java-based game applications for mobile phone. The company publishes mobile games in 17 countries worldwide, and has distributed over 450 titles in Japan. Established in 2000, the main shareholders of G-Mode include CSK Network Systems, Atlus, and Qualcomm.

They lasted until 2003?!??! Wow. That's a somewhat sad tale. Well, somewhat, but not really. They did have some decent arcade titles here and there.

MagicBox has reports of a Seiken Densetsu/Secret of Mana game for the DS

Square Enix dragging the SD license back out and probably desecrating it with their utter incompetence sounds more likely than them blessing us with a well-crafted followup.

Guest T®ITEC
Dynasty Warriors 5 is absolutely fucking worthless. What's an actually good game for Xbox?

Guest T®ITEC

Koei failed at proper character development and quality. Majorly. It pisses me off a little too much.

I haven't played a Ninja Gaiden since my time on the NES, but it was very fun back then, even though I was fairly awful at it. I'll see about finding it cheap or just renting it.

I unlocked the unlockables so far on Final Fight and SFII. The bio seems to be the same but Art section seems to be different, but there's stuff that wasn't on SFC2, like concept art for characters that didn't make it into the game, earlier designs for Vega, etc.

There are bios for every single FF character, including enemies. As of now it appears Capcom USA's stance on Roxy/Poison is that Roxy's a woman and Poison's still a guy. Heh.

Ninja gaiden for the x-box was so overated. Sure it looked pretty, but the action was very lackluster compared to similar titles like DMC3. Also the AI wasnt exactly tough as it was annoying. For a ninja game you have to do alot of waiting.

I just bought the Capcom collection today, and I plan on playing it pretty heavily through this weekend....

Though at some point I really need to spend time getting my dice-and-paper RPG off the ground.... I have people pestering me.

I just bought the Capcom collection today, and I plan on playing it pretty heavily through this weekend....

You should not be disappointed. The ports are very well done (okay, there's a few people ranting that sfx and voices may be .003 seconds off in the SF games, but whatever), and nearly all of them have adjustable difficulty and a lot of freedom to configure controls.

The art is pretty awesome too. Those rejected character designs are funny. I can't wait to unlock the ones for the other SF games.

I realized yesterday that while the graphics on Mortal Kombat have not aged well, the game is still very cool and playable. And I felt like a huge dork when I could remember movesets and fatalities for almost all characters except Kano and Sonya.

Is there any notable difference between the Xbox and PS2 versions of Capcom Collection? I figure the Xbox one is good because it won't use up space on a memory card, but the PS2 version has the advantage that my PS2 is hooked up more often (due to it being the gaming area's default DVD player) and the controller I like better.

The X-Box one is supposed to load faster. There might be slightly different control-setting options, but nothing too significant.

X-Box owners don't get the trailers for Devil Kings (a PS2 Dynasty Warriors clone Capcom is making) or the PSP CCC, just the Street Fighter Alpha Generations (a OVA with wonky looking art styles going on), which isn't too surprising.

That's it, unless there's well-hidden exclusive secrets beyond the known ones.

You should not be disappointed. The ports are very well done (okay, there's a few people ranting that sfx and voices may be .003 seconds off in the SF games, but whatever), and nearly all of them have adjustable difficulty and a lot of freedom to configure controls.

The art is pretty awesome too. Those rejected character designs are funny. I can't wait to unlock the ones for the other SF games.

Yeah, I like it... I had flashbacks playing Commando... that was 85, and life was radically different for me then.

I saw Midway Arcade Classics volume 4, which is all driving games... I am ambivalent about buying it, though NBA 2k6, X-Men Legends II, Hot Shots Golf Fore, and Capcom Arcade Classics should hold me for awhile.. at least until SvR 2006 comes out next month.

And I think that SF Alpha Generations is a port of the Street Fighter Zero anime that came out a couple years ago.

It's Midway Arcade Treasures 3, actually, but yeah--it's all driving games and those age really poorly.

Alpha Generations is different from the regular Alpha/Zero anime movie, though. I've seen the Alpha one, and it features a vastly different art style. It also has Dan, Sakura, Ryu going evil, and some pretty good fight scenes. The animation/art style isn't as detailed as the SFII animated movie, but the SFII one was rather lacking in decent fighting action and the Alpha one's style seems to fit the game extremely well.

Don't expect to see much of Sodom, Birdie, Rose, Guy, etc. though. There's a villian not seen in any of the games standing in since Bison wouldn't fit.

I beat the Bionic Commando arcade game in CCC, although it's little more than a gimmick yet to be fully realized than it is the polished title than the NES game was.

Well I ended up going with the PS2 one (which I think was my intent all along, anyway) and it was not a hard choice since the store I went to had no copies for the Xbox.

I might as well assume I'll never unlock some of those SF extras as I can't see myself beating the game without ever losing a round. I like the set up... it's basically MAT2's but nicer with more gimmicks going on (art and such). Good fun.

Also, what is Final Fight Streetwise? I looked into it briefly after seeing it listed as an upcoming game in the Final Fight history on CCC and I guess it's just a "serious looking" brawler with the Final Fight name?

Cheese your way through (ie Bison Psycho Crusher in CE), or wait for ARMax codes. I'm not sure it is one of those "if you lose a round, throw the whole match and continue" dealies or not, though.

I'm wanting to upgrade my AR to MAX, but EBs/Gamestops won't take trade ins on ARs, darnit.

Super Gn'G has limited continues, and they don't let you access the SNES level select cheat, unfortunately.

Even minus the double jump, I still like Goblins the best.

Silent Bomber is one of the greatest PS1 games you never heard of, even though it sounds like a flatulant nickname.

Urban Chaos makes me almost want to cry with its wasted potential. Pretty decent plot, concept, and gameplay, ruined by the shoddy, shambling Tomb Raider-esque engine Eidos was working with and an utterly crap camera. (Note: It's a PS1/DC game, not to be confused with the new beat 'em up, Urban Reign.)

Also, what is Final Fight Streetwise? I looked into it briefly after seeing it listed as an upcoming game in the Final Fight history on CCC and I guess it's just a "serious looking" brawler with the Final Fight name?

Like, one of the main characters is supposed to be related to Cody, and I think that's the only genuine connection. Impressions of the early versions of the game were extremely underwhelming, but I'll be renting it anyway.

It's going to suck ass, and everyone knows it. It's a bland looking half-ass beat 'em up without all of the goodness of bashing skulls in with pipes, 7 foot dead wrestlers, and transexual hookers. Even Beat Down had more potential. The fact that this thing is being tossed out there to die after more ambitious attempts at the genre makes its existence even more insulting.

Oh, and just when you think the 100 point ratings scale can't be more idiotic....

Gamespot makes t-shirts out of them.

A little Engrish here and there never hurt anybody(as far as I know, anyhow....)

I'm surprised Chun Li is as popular as she is in Japan, considering she's Chinese.

We probably won't be getting an arcade Alpha 3 on any upcoming CCC, because of that damn PSP version of it as a standalone.

Somebody needs to make a Marvel fighter than doesn't suck. Since doing a Marvel online fighter is out of the question unless you're under the EA umbrella, somebody needs to snatch up the DC license and make a DC fighter than doesn't suck.

DC vs. Street Fighter!! I'd buy it even though it would be an imbalanced, cheesy rehash. The Justice League 16-bit fighter was awesomely bad.