TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Raw Thread for 09.19.05

I wonder if USA can dig out Walker Texas Ranger before Raw and La Femme Nakita for after RAW for just one week for Nostalgia's sake..

Bah.

Silk Stalkings after Raw!

Yeah, but I actually liked La Femme Nakita.

Some Highlander reruns would be nice, too.

Snitsky is a "world class athlete"?

They didn't which world, did they?

Was anyone waiting for Cena to give Shawn the thumbs up.... then the thumbs down

Good, so I wasn't the only one. I just kiddingly mentioned that to my brother as soon as HBK hopped on.

I got home during Flair-Carlito, so didn't see the first half, but the main event was awesome enough. I just read a report, and I'm disappointed to see no Benjamin... Poor Benjamin.

Yeah this was a very fun Raw tonight, albeit a completely lame duck show. I thought Flair/Carlito was probably better tonight than at the PPV, but please god just END this goofy feud. Carlito is garbage, he still has zero finisher, no believable offense (I found myself wondering how Flair's eye could be busted....surely Carlito couldn't do it). I'm thinking they'll segue this into a Flair/Masters feud, which somehow makes me feel dirty knowing Flair will job.

The 8 man tag was a really fun match, though I too wondered what was up with Edge getting jobbed out so bad.

One thing that truly puzzles me: Why did they hype the Homecoming Raw show without mentioning the most important detail of them moving to USA??? It's bizarre, it's like they just assume everyone knows this. Why don't they, I dunno, TELL people on the show itself? Anyone have any idea why they are doing this and not mentioning the actual USA move? Is Spike refusing to let them mention USA? And if so, why would Vince give two shits?

DARK MATCH

Val Venis Defeated Johnny Parisi (Swinger)

HEAT MATCHES (winners in spoiler tags)

Heart Throbs vs. Eugene & Tajiri

Eug & Tajiri

Kerwin White vs. Matt Striker

K-White

Rob Conway vs. Shelton Benjamin

Double Countout

DARK MATCH

Val Venis Defeated Johnny Parisi (Swinger)

HEAT MATCHES (winners in spoiler tags)

Heart Throbs vs. Eugene & Tajiri

Eug & Tajiri

Kerwin White vs. Matt Striker

K-White

Rob Conway vs. Shelton Benjamin

Double Countout

Poor Benjamin

Fuck Silk Stockings and Nikita, I want real old school before raw..............................................Murder She Wrote. I can still remember listening to the ending music of Murder She Wrote when Vince McMahon would have a bumper in the middle, encouraging people to stay tuned for Monday Night Raw.

main event just finished on the west coast.

Great main event. Makes me wanna see this Homecoming LESS with everyone returning.... but still, great main event.

Guest deinly1

Yea, Carlito's offense is SO incredulous that it's impossible to think he could have THUMBED Flair in the EYE during an eyerake.

asshat.

One thing that truly puzzles me:  Why did they hype the Homecoming Raw show without mentioning the most important detail of them moving to USA???  It's bizarre, it's like they just assume everyone knows this.  Why don't they, I dunno, TELL people on the show itself?  Anyone have any idea why they are doing this and not mentioning the actual USA move?  Is Spike refusing to let them mention USA?  And if so, why would Vince give two shits?

They can't legally say it, I don't think. Same reason they could never say what channel SmackDown! was on during programming on USA/TNN.

Is there a name for all of the goofy sitdown moves that Cena does?

The hiptoss, as far as I know, doesn't have a name. It's affectionately known to myself and friends as "The Shit-toss"...a witty name, I'm sure you'll agree, because it does look like utter shit.

I didn't think the 8-man tag could live up to the 10 man tag match from Feb 2000 because for one, the crowd had been pretty dead all night. But they damn sure did it! Crowd was piping from start to finish and it was full of goodness. Matches like this get everyone involved a little more over. Edge won't be harmed by being the one to take the pinfall - he's probably going to SD to face Batista.

Ladies in Pink

LIP?

If Russo was still around, they'd call themselves "The pretty pink parts of the wwe" and would use all sorts of vagina-based double entendres.

And someone should have told Ashley that she was supposed to run over to 'help' Trish while she was being attacked by Victoria outside the ring, not just stand there and watch.

does anyone else find Trish's "Matrix" ducking manuever to be, I don't know, kind of unbelievable? I mean, in most cases, when a person fires off a clothesline, it's very quick and very precise...when she does it, it's sooooo slooooow and totally unbelievable, you'd think she wouldn't have the time necessary to arch herself back before the clothesline hit her...they really should do away with it...maybe it's just me, but there's just something about that whole sequence that doesn't look right...

does anyone else find Trish's "Matrix" ducking manuever to be, I don't know, kind of unbelievable?  I mean, in most cases, when a person fires off a clothesline, it's very quick and very precise...when she does it, it's sooooo slooooow and totally unbelievable, you'd think she wouldn't have the time necessary to arch herself back before the clothesline hit her...they really should do away with it...maybe it's just me, but there's just something about that whole sequence that doesn't look right...

I recall in one match against Victoria she went for the move to duck a clothesline and Victoria elbow dropped her in the gut. I thought that was pretty swank.

Elix Skipper does the move much faster and slicker.

does anyone else find Trish's "Matrix" ducking manuever to be, I don't know, kind of unbelievable?  I mean, in most cases, when a person fires off a clothesline, it's very quick and very precise...when she does it, it's sooooo slooooow and totally unbelievable, you'd think she wouldn't have the time necessary to arch herself back before the clothesline hit her...they really should do away with it...maybe it's just me, but there's just something about that whole sequence that doesn't look right...

I recall in one match against Victoria she went for the move to duck a clothesline and Victoria elbow dropped her in the gut. I thought that was pretty swank.

Elix Skipper does the move much faster and slicker.

yeah that's a pretty swank counter...I haven't been exposed to Elix Skipper to have seen that, but from what I've heard about him, I can take your word for it...

I didn't think the 8-man tag could live up to the 10 man tag match from Feb 2000 because for one, the crowd had been pretty dead all night. But they damn sure did it! Crowd was piping from start to finish and it was full of goodness. Matches like this get everyone involved a little more over. Edge won't be harmed by being the one to take the pinfall - he's probably going to SD to face Batista.

It was a good match and all but I think you're going pretty overboard. I'll take Saturn, Benoit and Malenko over Edge, Snitsky and Masters any fucking day.

Edge being jobbed out badly should hint very heavily at who'e going over in the Loser Leaves RAW match.

Ah, you gotta love even-steven booking amoung the midcard.

I really enjoyed that 4 man promo (well 5 including Todd). I was quite surprised that Matt Hardy actually showed some character other than "I WILL NOT DIE!". Refreshing. His and HBK's reaction to Cena's comment on Big Show's dick was funny.

I second the praise for the group promo. It reminded me of an old school survivor series promo, each of the characters getting their "spots" in with one guy bringing them all together.

Hey great, Todd Grisham is the coach and Cena is the Rock... Ok, I don't praise that so much. Shitty ass robot.

Oh, and Vince comes out and settles the title dispute, Hardy/Edge in a ladder match... are the WWE reading my ideas? Hey, yo, yo, HEY, guyz... next time you do that, pick the good ones and do em right, k?

Flair/Cabana was some of the worst wrestling I've ever seen.

I very much disliked Raw's main event last night, but maybe it was the mood I was in.

Foley/Michaels/Benoit/Benjamin was a much, much better match (not to mention the Radicalz vs. Faces or the one where Kevin Nash tore his quad).