TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

The Nip/Tuck season 3 thread

I missed most of Season 1 (getting it for Christmas) - who's this Grace Santiago person?

Basically she was the resident cunt on the show, before the writers jetisoned her and replaced her with Gina the sex addict. She was an asshole shrink hired to profile patients unfit for surgery and spent all of her time tormenting those who needed surgery by refusing to let S&C operate on them while letting any random slut get surgery. Her evil bitchiness and superiority complex led one woman to commit suicide and nearly caused another woman, who had recovered from years of emotional and sexual abuse as a child, to have all of her years of therapy destroyed by Grace's vile bitchiness and screams of "I'll rot in hell before I let them operate on you!" for daring to want fucking breast reduction surgery.

She also baited Christian into fucking her so she could ensure she could continue to use S&C's office to ruin people's lives with her evilness, on the basis that if Sean and Christian fired her, she'd respond by suing them for sexual harrassment and claim Christian forced her against her will to have sex with him.

Thankfully, they had her disappear out of the blue save for Christian (back when S&C were forced to remove drugs from the breast of illegal immigrants by a local drug cartel) suggesting sarcastically to Sean that they should call Grace's bluff and fire her, so they could use the money they were paying her to drive people to kill themselves/go insane for shits and giggles to pay off the drug cartel with it instead....

I was thinking that it could be Ava but now she/he is in man-form. She got completely redone in Europe and came back as a man and railed Christian. thoughts? Otherwise I think its Santiago

It can't be "Ava as a man" due to timeline problems, let alone why she hasn't made contact with the gang. Especially since she could hurt the group more by coming back as she was before she left via her relationship with Matt and chalking up the reveal that she used to be a man as Sean and company going to extreme lengths to break them up via falsified medical documents and such. Given the lies Sean, Julia, and Christian have told each other and to Matt, Ava could probably convince Matt that they were lying about Ava being a guy turned girl.....

What's his motivation, though?

I can see motivations for Kimber, Gina, Julia's Mom, many people. (I'm a bit hazy on why Liz would be the carver)

Ava's ex's motive would be the fact that he got fucked over by Ava, who stole and molested his son and other kids and the notion that he knew Ava was a pedophile/conman but played dumb for S&C. He would see Ava's beauty (which he gave her) as a curse on the world since it made things easier for Ava to ruin lives via her attractiveness hiding Ava's monsterous side and not only would he have the hate on for S&C for undoing his mutilations, but also for turning a blind eye to his son being molested.

Guest JMA
I missed most of Season 1 (getting it for Christmas) - who's this Grace Santiago person?

A woman that used to work for McNamara/Troy. She and Christian had a brief fling. Oh, and Shawn tried coming on to her when he was having marriage troubles.

3. Ava's ex-husband, played by Alec Baldwin

Except that he was nowhere near Miami when they first attacks took place.

Not true; he could easily be commuting back and forth, especially given the fact that we have only his word that he hasn't been inside Miami when the attacks happened.

Well then, the Carver has a slimmer build, so there :P

I have two theories at this point:

1. The unmasking will be disappointing. No shock and awe whatsoever.

or

2. There's more than one person acting as the Carver a la the Scream movies.

Liz is still my pick though, even up to this point.

The Carver doesn't need to be a person we've already seen. By all means the Carver SHOULDN'T be someone we know. Although I like the idea of there being 2 Carvers.

And the Carver should definatly be a pretty person, just for a wtf factor

They say whoever it is FITS PERFECT.

It sucks because I have just seen season 1 and one or two episodes from season 3. So it will probably be someone that I have NO IDEA who it is. So it won't make sense to me.

I'm thinking Merril here and I am looking forward to the finale way too much.

Merril is dead.

I'm going with Matt or Costa.

Im watching tonights episode but i've only seen like 2-3 episodes this season and none from ANYTIME before. I read somewhere on here Season 2 was better than 1, and I enjoy what I've seen this season. So I ask, is it worth buying season 2 on dvd if I don't buy season 1?? And is it worth buying alone, just to watch, considering I havent seen most of this season or any of the 1st season.(Keep in mind I'll be watching tonight if that might affect anything). Thanks for any reccomendations.

Good God, I am clueless.

Liz is the only name I can think of. Just because someone had to know all of the surgeries that Kimber got and Liz is the only one who might know that stuff.

Yeah, I am clueless.

"Merril is dead."

I thought we just saw him just to peeling away his face, not dead? It would definitely explain the mask.

Edit: 'Sides the whole, you know masking your face from being seen as a serial killer.

Edited by InsanityMan

Good God, I am clueless.

Liz is the only name I can think of. Just because someone had to know all of the surgeries that Kimber got and Liz is the only one who might know that stuff.

Yeah, I am clueless.

Anyone could have looked into the company records but it's a matter of knowing how to perform, which eliminates many suspect favorites. Liz and Quintin are obviously the two most likely potential carvers.

They could swerve us but it wouldn't be realistic unless they can show us how the carver had the ability to perform those things on Kimber.

Really good episode tonight.

This is from Zap2It.com about the Carver. No spoilers just Brittany Snow, Ariel, talking about it. Sorry if this has been posted before.

Brittany Snow knows what lies behind the mask of the infamous assailant known as "The Carver" on FX's plastic-surgery melodrama "Nip/Tuck," whose identity will be revealed in the show's two-hour finale, airing Tuesday, Dec. 20.

But, she's not telling.

"All I can say is, you won't be disappointed," says Snow. "That's what I can say. The final episode is so brilliant. I have my friends bribing me and paying me and wanting to take me out, and I'm like, 'No, I can't even tell you, because I won't be able to explain it as good as it is.' It's amazing. I think people are going to be really impressed."

Word on the street has it that even the most ardent "Nip/Tuck" fans may not be able to guess. "It isn't [guessable]," Snow says, "but it all makes sense. It's so perfect."

Snow has had a recurring role this season as Ariel, the new girlfriend of perpetually troubled teen Matt McNamara (John C. Hensley), who was raised by plastic surgeon Dr. Sean McNamara (Dylan Walsh), but is actually the biological son of his partner and best pal, Dr. Christian Troy (Julian McMahon).

The role has been a revelation for Snow's fans, which are used to seeing her as the apple-cheeked, wholesome Meg on NBC's "American Dreams." As Ariel, the loyal daughter of a white supremacist (Brian Kerwin), Snow donned black clothes and eyeliner, sported Teutonic jewelry and spouted neo-Nazi slogans.

"It's actually the most rewarding role I've had in a while," Snow says. "This is the thing where I went to work every day just scared out of my mind, because it's so unlike me. What I found is it's actually really sad. I do feel for the character.

"It's not really her choice, it's what she's been brought up with. Ariel is trained to think this way. She loves her father so much, and she wants to do what he says. There's definitely an underlying subtext storyline of her father being abusive. She's scared that he will hurt her. The relationship is a very unhealthy one. They're so enmeshed and involved with each other that she just goes with anything he says in fear of him not loving her."

Now that the job is over, Snow hasn't held on to Ariel's viewpoints, but has kept a bit of her fashion sense.

"I took some of the black combat boots," she says. "I'm pretty preppy in real life, so it can look really cute."

Even though he tried to get Ariel help for her psychological problems in the most recent episode, Matt has often crossed moral and legal lines, even resorting to violence.

"The funny thing is," Snow says, "John is just such a great guy, and he's so unlike his character. He is such a sweetheart, the sweetest, most generous, most professional actor. Working with him was always fun and great. So to see his character, watching him on the show, was just, wow. I was blown away by him. He's very cute."

The relationship between Matt and Ariel rapidly became sexual, and that was another change for Snow.

"Considering that John and I became really good friends during the shooting, it was very easy," she says. "We just made fun of each other. By the time we had the love scenes, I knew the crew, and I was comfortable. It's really awkward, but you've got to do it. It was definitely something new for me, but it was something that I was definitely glad it was over with, when it was over."

Snow also got some advice from good pal Sophia Bush ("One Tree Hill"), who played the girlfriend of Matt's former girlfriend, Vanessa (Kate Mara). In one scene, the three ended up in bed together.

"I got advice on how to do a sex scene from Sophia," Snow says, "because she's one of my best friends. She gave me fair warning about John, saying how amazing he was. I was glad that she gave me some tips."

The role did turn a bit dangerous during a scene in which Ariel pierces Matt's ear.

"My hand caught on fire," Snow says. "I poured this water on my hand before we started, and then I had to do this weird trick with the Zippo lighter. I never knew how to do that with the Zippo, because I've never been good at lighters. I flipped it, and I guess the flame caught onto the water on my hand, and my hand was blue.

"John went, 'Holy crap!' I put it out with a blanket, but the whole crew was flipping out, because for five seconds -- which is really long if you think about it -- my hand was on fire.

"I was fine, but it was so weird."

As for what happens to Ariel in the finale, Snow says, "There really isn't a resolution. It's kind of a huge mystery. I won't let you guys know what the mystery is, but it's a big episode."

It's even possible that Ariel could return. "It depends on my schedule," Snow says, "but I'm totally willing to come back, because I love the cast and the crew. It'll be awesome."