TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

After I read the NWA rules thread in General Wrestling, I decided to check out the NWA website, for shits and giggles and see what the rankings for the various NWA titles were. Apparently after Sting, Dru Onyx is the next "official" contender for the World Title. Joe is ranked 5th and Christian Cage is 10th. Also, after LAX, the #1 contenders for the tag titles are Chono and Tenzan. Lots of fun kayfabe stuff.

Dru Onyx is probably third because he is the NWA North American HW Champion. Bully Douglas (who is just after Tanahashi) is the NWA National Heavyweight Champion. Buff Bagwell being in three of those lists is sad, but it's cool seeing Bobby Eaton's name in the tag division.

They sort of have that with the paparzi. But i guess a face version wouldnt hurt matters.

TNA is running Philly again in November, according to the WO. Here's what Meltzer posted in today's update:

--Hermie Sadler's UWF will be promoting its next TNA house show in Philadelphia on 11/10.

TNA’s Best of the X-Division Volume 2 four-hour DVD comes out in October.

From F4W.

It's going to be garbage and fill with Impact matches.

Guest Connzilla

TNA House Show Upadate

Sept. 29

Siegel Center

Richmond, VA

Sept. 30

Sadler Auto Center of Franklin

Franklin, VA

Oct. 20 Toledo, Ohio

Tickets on Sale 9/9

Nov. 10 Philadelphia, PA

Dec. 15 Wilson, NC

Dec. 16 South Hill, VA

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Gail Kim headed to the X-Division?

There has been some talk in TNA recently of adding Gail Kim to the X-Division.

I think that would be actually good. Her days as a manager with AMW seem to be over and Jarrett doesn't need her. We know she can wrestle so why waste her. She would have more charisma than Chris Sabin, that's for sure.

Sabin's a guy who gets over with his moveset, I think I've said this before, but I love seeing the guy walk out, he's got good music, although it fit him better before he went to the new look, and he's always going to give a solid, exciting effort. I'd really like to see him win the X title again and try the feud with Petey again, that was all kinds of cool

Christian Cage recovered a young cat from the engine area of a car parked at Universal Studios.

When Cage and his wife went to their car in the afternoon, they heard a cat's meowing, and followed the trail to a car two away from theirs. He looked under the car and saw nothing, but then slid under the car and quickly saw the kitten looking at him.

Gail Kim gave Cage some pieces of chicken that were used to lure the kitten from the car's under-belly. Eventually it worked.

And when the car's owner arrived, he had no clue who's kitten it was or that the cat had been in there.

"We'll probably keep it," said Cage, who already has three kittens at home and guessed that his new furry friend is about 8- or 9-weeks-old.

The kitten likely will be named Lexus - because that was the type of car it had been found in, Cage said.

Source: tnawrestling.com

Heck, Joe would have killed that cat if he'd come across it..

Dave Meltzer is reporting there has been no new updates regarding TNA Wrestling/Ron Killings and his current contract. Scott D’Amore proposed an idea that would see Ron Killings join the Latin American Exchange, however Jeff Jarrett nixed that idea, stating that Ron Killings would be pushed as a SINGLES superstar when TNA Impact was given another hour (rumored to happen in October, which will be their ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY with Spike TV!).

Guest Connzilla

Credit: http://uwfusa.com/default.htm

BREAKING NEWS: MAGNUM TA TO APPEAR IN RICHMOND AND FRANKLIN!!!!!!!!!!

Wrestling legend Magnum TA has been added to "Capital Punishment" in Richmond on September 29 and Franklin, Va. on September 30. Magnum will take part in the Ultimate Experience Meet/Greet at both shows, but is that all? More Details to Follow!!!!!

Credit: http://uwfusa.com/default.htm

BREAKING NEWS: MAGNUM TA TO APPEAR IN RICHMOND AND FRANKLIN!!!!!!!!!!

Wrestling legend Magnum TA has been added to "Capital Punishment" in Richmond on September 29 and Franklin, Va. on September 30. Magnum will take part in the Ultimate Experience Meet/Greet at both shows, but is that all? More Details to Follow!!!!!

Already got my tickets

I'm surprise TNA is bringing in real NWA legends instead of the "monday night wars" guys.

They are looking at programming Eric Young with Jeff Jarrett.

Ron Killings was unhappy at the recent tapings, and was even more upset when it appeared the crowd didn't buy him as being able to beat Christian.

No decision yet over going to two-hours, but the recent ratings haven't helped the cause.

A member of the Orlando Police Department was at the tapings, and was unhappy over the Jeff/fan incident and Konnan's promo's, as he felt there weren't suitable for an amusement park audience.

Jake Roberts may still be coming in.

Bobby Heenan and Sherri Martel pitched to get work when they came in for the Bobby Roode stuff not long ago.

From the recent Observers

Guest Connzilla

credit: wrestleview.com

PWInsider.com reports that the scheduled TNA/UWF House Show in Philadelphia, PA at the New Alhambra Arena (former ECW Arena) on November 10 will feature Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, X Division Champion Senshi, Rhino, Eric Young, Christopher Daniels, NWA World Tag Team Champions LAX, Jay Lethal, Sonjay Dutt, America's Most Wanted and Petey Williams. Tickets for the event go on sale in a few weeks.

From PWI:

TNA's Dixie Carter posted the following message, teasing a major announcement at this Sunday's No Surrender PPV on the TNA website:

"In the course of history, there are defining moments that change the fabric of a company forever. These are moments that are spoken about for years, not days, and serve as benchmarks in the annals of a company’s growth. And on occasion, those moments transcend the individual company and re-write the history of an industry. This Sunday at the NO SURRENDER PPV, an announcement will be made that will do just that. You will not want to miss the NO SURRENDER PPV."

What do you guys think this could be? More TV time maybe? They haven't officially announced the Philly show, but I don't think that's big enough for all this hype.