TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

TNAwrestling.com reports today that the "King of the Mountain" match will return at Slammiversary in June. Whoever is the World Champion after the May 13 Sacrifice PPV will defend the title against four other top TNA stars.

I'm guessing Christian/Abyss/Sting/Jarrett/Angle.

Comments from AJ Styles.

A.J. Styles said he was very excited to do Elevation X when it was first pitched to him. He’s always wanted to do a scaffold match and they are few and far between. But now that he has seen and been on top of the structure he is really scared to take part in the match. He said the only thing you can do is just pray to God that you can some out of it safe.

He called Jay Lethal the next breakout star in TNA. He loves his Macho Man impersonation.

He said the Elevation X structure is very unstable. There won't really be an opportunity to do many moves on top of it because of how narrow the platform is but he and Rhino are going to try and make it as exciting as possible. He called it close to the line of being too dangerous and said it's almost something that shouldn't even be in wrestling.

The TNA video game will have game play similar to the No Mercy/Virtual Pro Wrestling series of games. He said the graphics will be great and that yes the Canadian Destroyer will be in the game for all of those that keep asking.

He says he loves the X Division right now. The talent involved are some of the best in the world and they are starting to have characters which is great.

He called Vince Russo a very smart guy and said he's glad he's in TNA.

He's been told that it's only a matter of time before Impact gets two hours full time.

His main goal in wrestling is to help TNA become the top promotion.

He said even though he turns 30 years old this year he still feels like he can go with the best of them.

No brainer on the Elevation X being extremely dangerous.

I'm glad to hear that the TNA game will be like No Mercy.

Damn, he's turning 30? Wow.

TNAwrestling.com reports today that the "King of the Mountain" match will return at Slammiversary in June. Whoever is the World Champion after the May 13 Sacrifice PPV will defend the title against four other top TNA stars.

I'm guessing Christian/Abyss/Sting/Jarrett/Angle.

I'm not sure how long they will play it out, but Abyss might not be back by then. Joe should be put in that spot, theoretically at least.

I think TNA has gone overboard with the nick names.

"the Future" Chris Sabin

"Black Machismo" Jay Lethal

"the Phenomenal" AJ Styles

"Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels

"Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm

"Pride of Tennessee" Jacqueline Moore

"Wildcat" Chris Harris

"War Machine" Rhino

"Notorious 187" Homicide

"Instant Classic" Christian Cage

"King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett

"Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner

"Samoan Suplex Machine" Samoa Joe

Am I missing any?

At least some of those have been used for while. Steiner's was used way back in the late 90's. AJ, 'Cide and Daniels have had their names for quite some time, dating at least back to 2002. Jarrett needed a name to combat THE GAME. Some of the others aren't needed. It's a part of the culture of boxing and MMA, to give everyone a nickname. No matter how silly some are.

I know a few of them have been around, like Steiner's and Styles/Daniels/Homicide, but its gotten ridiculous.

Abbreviated comments from AJ Styles: I learned from Austin Starr!

Nicknames only work when, y'know, everybody doesn't have one & use it regularly.

I never understood why people thought TNA should pay for Konnan's surgery.

I didn't either. Especially after the fact that they already DID pay for his hip replacement surgery and that this kidney problem could have been brought on by years of steroid abuse.

Probably because the WWE pays for all their guys surgeries?

Anyone here watch the daily TNA podcasts? Apparently there's going to be a interview with Dixie Carter in a couple days on TNA Mobile. Also Shark Boy is going to talk on Friday. The Nash episode is funny as hell.

"Samoan Suplex Machine" Samoa Joe

I think you meant "Samoan Submission Machine"

And from those AJ quotes, Why is he talking about the elevation X match like it hadn't happened, yet he mentions Jay Lethals "Black Machismo" gimmick. I know Lethal's been doing the impression for awhile, but it just recently became his gimmick and referred to as "Black Machismo"

I never understood why people thought TNA should pay for Konnan's surgery.

I didn't either. Especially after the fact that they already DID pay for his hip replacement surgery and that this kidney problem could have been brought on by years of steroid abuse.

Probably because the WWE pays for all their guys surgeries?

I hope not.

--TNA has pulled all talent from both ROH and PWG. The ROH deal was inevitable once ROH announced going to PPV yesterday. That means no more Austin Aries or Homicide. Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley were only booked for Chicago although I'm sure they'd have loved to have had them longer, but it wasn't in the cards. TNA is no longer allowing its talent to appear on shows that are released on DVDs through High Spots. This will cost some of the wrestlers, particularly the younger X Division guys, to have fewer places to work at a time when the morale of many of them is way down.

This will cause even more unhappiness with the mid-lower card TNA wrestlers. There are going to be indy guys that choose not to go to TNA with deals like this going down........

Pissing off guys who would work for you isn't a good idea........Looks like you may see more guys choosing to keep up the indy grind until the WWE takes a look at them.

I'm just surprised and astounded that Homicide and Aries are staying loyal to TNA, and actually signed contracts to the company.

I'm just surprised and astounded that Homicide and Aries are staying loyal to TNA, and actually signed contracts to the company.

Aries is suppose to be addressing the future of his career on his website at some point here pretty quickly.......Seeing as he's suspended by TNA I wouldn't be surprised if he got out of that and back into ROH....Hell I think he'd be a pefect guy for Smackdown but I don't know how interested the WWE has ever been in him.

Although i laughed. Thats terrible. Im a big Shark Boy mark, lets not make a joke of him.

..you know, more than he already is.

Austin Aries' statement:

Due to developing circumstances, Austin Aries is not able to comment on his professional status at this time. A statement will be forthcoming in the future at a more appropriate time. Austin does wish to convey his personal thanks to all his fans for their continued patience and support!!!

I wonder if the 'developing circumstances' are TNA telling Aries that if he says anything, he'll get fired.

They have no choice. They signed the contracts well before they knew ROH would go PPV

The complete Sacrifice card, tagged because some matches aren't official yet:

*NWA champion Christian Cage vs. Kurt Angle vs. Sting

*NWA Tag Team champions Team 3D vs. LAX vs. Tomko & Scott Steiner

*TNA X-Division champion Chris Sabin vs. Jay Lethal vs. Sonjay Dutt

*Chris Harris vs. James Storm - Texas Death Match

*Christopher Daniels vs. Rhino

*Jeff Jarrett vs. Robert Roode

*Voodoo Kin Mafia vs. Christy Hemme's team of Damaja & Basham

*AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe (Advertised in some markets but not yet announced)

Remember when the three-way match meant something?

Austin Aries' statement:

Due to developing circumstances, Austin Aries is not able to comment on his professional status at this time. A statement will be forthcoming in the future at a more appropriate time. Austin does wish to convey his personal thanks to all his fans for their continued patience and support!!!

I wonder if the 'developing circumstances' are TNA telling Aries that if he says anything, he'll get fired.

Didn`t Aries want that in the first place though?

Austin Aries' statement:

Didn`t Aries want that in the first place though?

He wanted his release. Who knows what conditions TNA have attached or could attach to people they fire.

The complete Sacrifice card, tagged because some matches aren't official yet:

*NWA Tag Team champions Team 3D vs. LAX vs. Tomko & Scott Steiner

Because when something is starting to get dry and stale nothing freshens it up like inserting

Steiner and Tomko

? This has train wreck written all over it.

I'm no law expert, but would speaking out against the company really be a sackable offence? Surely they couldn't fire Aries for freedom of speech. Or, does it class as something like bringing the company into disrepute?

I'm no law expert, but would speaking out against the company really be a sackable offence? Surely they couldn't fire Aries for freedom of speech. Or, does it class as something like bringing the company into disrepute?

It could be classified as insubordination depending on the comment.

I also read that he was suspended for wear an ROH t-shirt to a TNA event before the last PPV.

I think most reputable sources are rubbishing that claim now.