TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

2005: How was your year?

In hindsight it was shit. 3 of my friends died and my relationship with my girlfriend was the pits for about 8 of the 12 months. There's probably more i'm forgetting but ill bitch about that later.

Guest Leelee

Great. Best of my life, thus far. Finally got a good paying job. Moved out of yucky Buffalo to beautiful Tempe. At 22. I'm very proud of how successful I am. The next step is to move up in the workplace to where I don't have to take shit from anyone. And have lots of power, which will terrify everyone.

I was actually going to start a very comparable thread to this, but never got around to doing so.

My year was, sadly, the worst one that I've had in a long while. Nothing especially bad happened, but nothing especially good happened, either. Both 2k3 & 2k4 were strong years for me, though, so I kind of presumed this year was going to be average-at-best.

Bad - Dad died and tornado smashed my town in the same month. Job moved to Missouri. Learned I would never again see a kid I helped raise from 1-4, and he will never remember me.

Good - Saw alot of really good bands (about 150 total but not all good) and made good on a new years resolution to record a cd.

I had a pretty good but uneventful first half of the year and a great second half of the year. Nothing really traumatic happened to me personally. I had a good 2k4 and a meh 2k3, so I think each year keeps getting better and better for ol' King Kamala.

I had a pretty good but uneventful first half of the year and a great second half of the year. Nothing really traumatic happened to me personally. I had a good 2k4 and a meh 2k3, so I think each year keeps getting better and better for ol' King Kamala.

It wasn't nearly as bad as 1992 when your fatass got shoved in that casket...

Good:

Had about 6 good months with my girlfriend.

Moved into a nice Duplex.

Got a good paying job.

Bad:

Reluntantly moved out on my best friend for said girlfriend.

having to pay rent on nice duplex

getting in trouble at good paying job, not fired, yet.

In July, Girlfriend turns heel on me, turns out to be huge hypocrite and very dishonest. Overall pretty shitty person, then turns into ex-girlfriend.

Overall: Bad year. i'd give it a 4/10

It wasn't nearly as bad as 1992 when your fatass got shoved in that casket...

But it wasn't as good as 1993 when the good Reverand Slick taught me that "I WAS A MAN!" and he taught me how to bowl.

Guest Smues

Pretty decent otherall I guess, with nothing really bad or really good happening. Although with the exception of the Spurs winning the NBA title every damn sporting title I care at all about was won by a team I hated, so that was depressing.

Better than the last couple.

Started off with a shitty part-time job and a girlfriend who I was always fighting with.

Broke up with her and stayed single as I played the field, and got really trashed over the summer.

Made an assload of new friends, and started hanging out with my current girlfriend more and more.

Joined TDR.

Totalled my '97 Outback and then started dating my girlfriend two days later.

Got a new full-time job that pays pretty good and I don't mind too much at all.

Kicked some ass at the few shows TDR has played.

Drank more.

Got a new car, a '98 Outback.

It nearly died on the trip up to Ludlow, VT (MA/VT border, whereas I live on the MA/RI border) and on the way back.

Can't get it fixed until Friday.

Lame.

Saw a lot of old friends I haven't seen in forever.

Overall, a really, really good year.

After starting this thread I looked back and determined that this year was far worse than I first realized. The first half of the year I was at complete fault for the shitiness of, but the second half was beyond my control. I'm due for a good year soon though, so '06 better not disapoint.

The next step is to move up in the workplace to where I don't have to take shit from anyone. And have lots of power, which will terrify everyone.

In America first you get dee sugar, den you get dee power, den you get dee women

Guest Vitamin X

`05 has been pretty good for me, as I've finally settled into some sort of stability by not moving somewhere else for the first time in 5 years. Actually no, scratch that, we moved to a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment earlier so I'd actually have my own damn room and bathroom (of course which I have to pay, but I sure as hell don't mind paying). Started going out with current girlfriend, which has been the best and worst part of the year for me... it can be really great some times, and really awful a lot, but at the moment it's just there and there've been some times when I've thought about breaking up with her and just moving on, since that's the only thing that gives me any REAL drama/stress at this point, but I don't really care about playing the field, and like I said, when everything's good, it's great. So when everything's not perfect, I just kind of ignore that whole aspect of my life now.

I've kind of settled into the whole "college life" thing for sure this year, working a crappy part-time at Starbucks where I don't really care too much about the work I do, and have still kept my GPA above a 3.0 (primary goal, main goal is to shoot for above a 3.5) despite all the hurricanes and stress and bullshit I had to deal with in the latter part of the year.

Hurricanes didn't bother me too much, I kind of enjoyed seeing everything get destroyed around me, actually. Having the eye of Katrina pass over my house was pretty fucking cool too, in a historical sense that's like "wow, the eye of the most devastating hurricane to hit the U.S. went over my place when it was still a baby."

That being said, I usually have bad luck in even-numbered years, so I'm not sure whether to look forward to `06 being a great year or not, but given what I have right now, I think it'll be pretty good, and at any rate, fix up any bad taste `05 could have left in my mouth..

Guest Leelee
The next step is to move up in the workplace to where I don't have to take shit from anyone. And have lots of power, which will terrify everyone.

In America first you get dee sugar, den you get dee power, den you get dee women

Fuck you.

Guest T®ITEC

Below average.

Drifted away from my old best friend, but got closer to a newer/better one. Except's she kind of a bitch. Started getting along better with my parents, but Dad sucks at not having cancer. WTF. Didn't work as often as I should have, but getting further along in other stuff. I think. Brother still owes me over $1000. Spent a good portion of the time depressed and incredibly emo.

Started off as the best year of my life and then mid-july, that world would be over.

+great job that paid well

+an amazing girlfriend that I was stupidly in love with

+my friends were doing great

+my uncle Jim finally died after years of battling cancer

+enjoyed many wrestling shows and concerts

Then it started to rain...

since the middle of July,

-I was layed off my job

-my girlfriend had cheated on me

-my best friend's mother attempted suicide

-college went horrible for the first term

-my sister fell down her stairs and suffered multiple injuries, including concussion, lost of hearing in her left ear.

No year will ever be as good as 2004. I will say, somethings about 2005 were great but ultimately it wasn't the best. Wasn't the worst, that will always belong to 2003.

For the most part, uneventful. Other than the fact that I now live in Dayton, Ohio and attend Wright State University, nothing really notable happened.

+: Moved out. Bought a car for $10. Bonded with the girlfriend's side of the family after getting off to a semi-rocky start. Got a puppy. Lost a lot of weight.

-: Things are just kind of...stagnant. This year has absolutely flown by, and even with all of the plusses, I feel like I haven't done a goddamn thing. Every day is falling into the other and my life is a routine. I'm bored, I think. Something needs to happen soon.

This year was the transitory stage from punk kid to young adult. That I can even be grounded and mature enough to call myself "adult" without flinching anymore was inconceivable a year ago. 2006 is going to be absolutely killer.

Good: Got a Car

Bad: Got a Car

There's a lot of other stuff, but mostly just normal.

But normal for me has generally been sweet.

50/50

First half of the year I was living in Pennsylvania where nothing was happening. Worst experience of my life moving down there. I put my middle finger out the window leaving that state. No offence to anyone from PA, but Carlisle was like going back in evolution after living in NY my whole life.

Moved back to NY in June, walked into a pretty decent job, got another car and I'm doing pretty good right now. 2006 is looking alright at the moment.