TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

This is going to be one of those Kobe last shot situations.

EDIT: OR NOT! I like it this way better. Really good defense on that last shot by LeBron.

I realize that, but did you consider that both times that the Pistons played Utah, the games were on the second end of a back-to-back for Detroit?

First game Detroit dominated in the 1st half, and tailed in the second half, which is typical of a team on a back-to-back. Second game, Detroit played awful in the 4th quarter, typical of a team on a back-to-back.

I already know your comeback for the second loss of Detroit's, but the fact is that when you get blown out by Memphis as Utah was, the best players on your team are going to be well rested.

With the Clipper-Pacer Artest deal falling apart, reports are saying GS is on the clock now. With the Warriors now falling below .500 after last night's loss to the Suns, I'd say the Warriors need to pull the trigger and get Artest in there before they become even more of a disappointment this year.

Guest Vitamin X

Don't worry, I'm sure the Warriors' upward momentum will kick in around March or so again...

Detroit just doesn't match up that well against the Jazz. They have a big point guard to get physical with Chauncy, that freak of nature AK-47, Memht Okur is a damn good rebounder that has the ability to take guys out of the paint...they just match up well.

AK-47 is a matchup problem for any team...when you combine him with the good outside shooting yet solid post/rebounding play of Mehmet Okur you have a tough team. What they really need is to trade the EXTREMELY disappointing boozer and get someone else in there who can actually play with those guys.

Most people forget that the Jazz had horrible inconsistent point guard play last year AND Kirilenko was injured for the whole season (either out, or nagged by injuries)...when your best player is healthy, you're -obviously- going to play better, especially when he's the best defensive player in the league.

Knicks win their 6th straight.

I'm not sure if this winning streak is the team learning to play Larry's way, or Larry just letting the Knicks go out and play.

Really good game going between the 76ers and the Celtics right now on ESPN2. Korver hit a 3 to tie at the end of the 2nd OT, and the Celts are up in the 3rd OT right now.

And the Celtics blow it.

Really, I'm shocked. That's it, I'm heading out to blow up the T.D. FleetNorth Garden Center. No one is ever winning a championship playing home games in that building, it looks like.

Nice win for the Sixers there. They're not my team or anything, but I've always liked AI, and I'd like to see them make the playoffs at least. That steal by Webber at the end of the 3rd OT was just classic.

The Knicks' win tonight was #1000 for Larry Brown, as well.

I also saw the Allen/Dooling fight...they didn't go up into the stands, they just kind of layed on a row of seats at courtside and cuddled. Dooling got 5 games and Allen got 3.

Yeah Utah gives the Pistons fits... Kirilenko is just sick at times with everything he can do... hell, that's why I put him on my 2k5 version of the Suns, platooning the small forward spot with Tayshaun Prince and Darius Miles.

All I can say about them is thank God there is not much of a chance that the Pistons will see them again this year. Not that I don;t trust them to eventually figure that team out, but a seven game series against the Jazz would be more stressful than a seven game series against the Spurs right now, considering what the Pistons did to them in their own building.

The one thing that the Pistons need to do in regard to having a big lead on a team is to stop shooting threes and long range jumpers in order to wipe them out quickly. Keep doing what got that lead in the first place, and you would be up by 30. That 2 for 12 stretch against the Spurs might have been enough for them to snatch that game away from the Pistons had they been able to somehow win through against the defense of the Pistons, of which I had not seen at that level since last year.

My only gripe with the Pistons is one I have had since they got Rasheed, and that is he needs to work his offense from the inside out rather than drifting out to 20 feet and further back. Tim Duncan, whom I hold in high regard and have since his days at Wake Forest, couldn't do a thing against Sheed when he had his back to the basket. But that's my only complaint, unlike a lot of people around here panicking about the bench and getting more players in.

All that being said, that was a dominant performance by the Pistons.

And speaking of my Team B, the Magic, Francis definitely needs to go. I never really liked him because of his attitude, even back when he was at Maryland. He has all the talent in the fucking world, even to be a superstar in this league if he truly applied himself, but he would rather be the stereotypical NBA baller and bitch out when things aren't going his way. Once I heard about that suspension, any chances they Magic have of making the playoffs are gone. They seriously need to rebuild that team around Howard. Grant Hill is still an excellent player when healthy, and they have a couple of players to compliment those two. I'm just wondering whether they need to just blow the team up.

one of my few criticisms of the pistons is their over-reliance (in my opinion) on perimeter shooting. they have the talent to get to the hole, not just with rasheed, but rip and tayshaun and sometimes billups can all cut in from time to time. especially when the jumpers aren't falling (cleveland game for instance) they need to recognize it and shift their game. the spurs game was great though, only now they'er up against a string of bad teams, hopefully there's not a letdown loss.

Yeah I know, it can get a little frustrating when they're jacking up shot after shot from 20 feet and further out, they're obviously not falling, and they don;t adjust... their love affair with the long range shot cost them games last season, and at least Flip will change things up if they aren;t working, a major change from LB's stubborn ways. The aforementioned Cleveland game is a perfect example....

The loss of Kasapritas during warmups has killed the Rangers so far. Multiple times theres been multiple shots on Henrik in front of the net due to having only 5 dman dressed.

Pacers survive a close one in Chicago tonight, 91-89. Gordon hit a floater at the buzzer to seemingly send it to OT, but it was waived off after review.

Well, the Knicks have won six and a row, they may as well quit while they're ahead and take up a new sport. :)