TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

24: Season 5

Kim being killed is the only way Jack would leave the game though. I don't think he'd be able to mentally handle the rigors of everything that he goes through knowing that his job has cost him:

- His wife

- His daughter

- His freedom

- Any semblance of a normal relationship with any woman since he's too emotionally detached to everyone

- Any close friends that he may have had over the years (Tony, Michelle, Guile, David)

Kim being killed is the only way Jack would leave the game though. I don't think he'd be able to mentally handle the rigors of everything that he goes through knowing that his job has cost him:

- His wife

- His daughter

- His freedom

- Any semblance of a normal relationship with any woman since he's too emotionally detached to everyone

- Any close friends that he may have had over the years (Tony, Michelle, Guile, David)

His daughter is the last attachment he has to his job, the last reason he still fights for the good guys. Once he loses her, there is nothing to stop him from going batshit psycho insane. And when he loses her, I don't think he's just going to sit in a corner and cry, or just leave CTU, or kill himself, or anything like that. He is going to snap.

Edited by chirs3

Well, the last time Jack thought Kim was dead, he went into Drazen's lair armed with only a handgun and proceded to eliminate most of the Serbian terrorist population. :-)

Fuck. If its Jack vs. the World, wouldn't Aaron eventually turn when he finds out the truth of the matter?

And what about Marcus?

But I tell you Season 6 of Jack vs. the World would be the perfect way to end the series...Just freaking awesome.

The only question would be...what's Jack's bodycount?

Correction: He went into Drazen's lair with TWO handguns. He was Jack Bawoo.

I think he's only Jack Bawoo if he starts firing both in super slo-mo...

If Kim is dead and that's the scenario...

I think the list of people left alive by Jack begins and ends with Chloe.

Big news out today...I'll spoiler tag it, since while it has nothing to do with the season at hand, it does have lots to do with the future of the show:

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- "24" star Kiefer Sutherland has inked a multifaceted deal with 20th Century Fox Television.

The rich pact, which is set to begin in June, calls for the actor to continue on the hit Fox drama for three more years and includes a two-year development deal for Sutherland's soon-to-be-launched production banner.

Details on the deal were sketchy, but sources pegged the acting portion alone at more than $40 million for the three seasons, which could make Sutherland the highest-paid actor in drama series.

While the deal with Sutherland locks him in for three additional years beyond the current fifth season of "24," the 20th TV/Imagine TV-produced show so far has been picked up for one additional season.

You know, next season I'd like to see Jack based in Washington. There would be tons of new scenery for the show, and lots of Washington political gimmicks to help move the show through the hours. I'm trying to thin of some crazy scenario that would have Jack break INTO the white house or the senate chamber or crash the state of the union or something. Maybe some sort of plot to take out both the state union speech and the "backup" succession official that they put in a seperate space, and only JACK CAN STOP IT!

I love this music they've been playing.

EDIT: "You know what this means: we're talking about taking down the President of the United States."

BAD

ASS.

I'm sure if they're paying Kiefer all that money, they can scrounge up some money for a change of location.

And it's not like they even have to go out to Washington. Just build a couple of sets to resemble it.

Guest Fook

Great music during tonights episode.

I don't think Jack's going to be the one to take out Logan. He'll be in a big final battle with Henderson. It'll either be Aaron or the Crazy First Lady who does it.

I've loving this Jack Bauer/Wayne Palmer duo. Great stuff.

Did Mike Novick fall of the face of the planet or something?

Jack: How's he doin'?

Wayne: He's dead!

Jack: *mumbles* dammit.

Great set-up for next week, where there will be a lot of action.

And if Chloe goes to prison, I'm giving her "special" conjugal visits. Giggity, giggity, giggity.

I guess I was the only one that hated the Bond-esque music. This is 24 dammit. There are only to be variations of the Bwaaaaa-Bwa-Bwa-Bwaaaaa-Bwaaaaaaa music going.

I was thinking he was going to kill his daughter for the good of the country. But that just because I am pretty fucked up when it comes to the "How I would write the show" type of thing.

I won't cancel it out though.

Nuts! So much for my theory that Logan ordered Palmer's assasination.

Still, solid episode tonight, and I too dug the music. I've been digging it all season, which is odd, because I don't think I ever really noticed the music in previous seasons.

I think Heller might be in on it - I think we would find out one way or another next week.

And I'd bet all the money I have that Jack doesn't get to take out Logan. It will be Martha or Pierce.

I got a nice chuckle when Wayne told Jack that Carl was dead. The way he just shouted it sounded so fixed.

And the spy music in the few minutes was awesome

the Bond-esque Secret Agent Maaaan music was awesome :lol:

I liked the music, but I didn't like it..Most of the music used on 24 is pretty unique and original..and the "James Bond" type music didn't really fit the situation..