Seattle @ Minnesota, 8:00

Phoenix @ Denver, 9:00

Washington @ Dallas, 9:00 ESPN

Atlanta @ LA Lakers, 10:30

LA Clippers @ Golden State, 10:30

Thu, Feb. 16

Philadelphia @ Chicago, 7:30 TNT

Houston @ Phoenix, 10:00 TNT

And of course Friday starts All-Star weekend, which we'll start another thread for.

Quite the collapse by Indiana there.

Hey, what's Walton's problem? I don't watch a whole lot now, but it seems like he's constantly verbally shitting on his co-commentator. Is there just some good-natured fun going on there, or is there some strife I'm not aware of?

Well, I know he has a habit of ripping someone to shreds one moment and singing an opposite tune the next. It just seems he challenges half of the things his partner says without a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Power Rankings

1. San Antonio

2. Dallas

3. Detroit

4. Phoenix

5. New Jersey

6. Miami

7. NO/OK

8. LA Clippers

9. Denver

10. Indiana

11. Cleveland

12. Memphis

13. Washington

14. Milwaukee

15. Houston

16. Sacramento

17. Utah

18. LA Lakers

19. Chicago

20. Golden State

21. Philadelphia

22. Minnesota

23. Toronto

24. Boston

25. Atlanta

26. Seattle

27. Orlando

28. Charlotte

29. Portland

30. New York

Guest Vitamin X

Well, hopefully the Lakers will jump back up to the top ten after the All-Star break.

If there is one major gripe I have about the Pistons, its that they can get shredded by an athletic two guard at times. I'm concerned about this, because this is a HUGE win for the Heat, and will do wonders for their confidence. Metr0 was right, in that if the Pistons beat them, it could have been the knockout blow for their season. Now if they develop some momentum with this win, the Heat can be a serious threat again. They had to have the win and they got it, but that was the wrong time for Shaq to wake up and the Heat to become the "pick your poison" team they were touted to be at the start of the season.

While nowhere close to the lockdown level they were at last year, the Pistons are still a great team defensively, but they have not gotten it together over the last six or seven games. This is cause for concern.

Warriors have put up 7 pts so far in the 4th quarter, good clutch 4th quarter shooting. GS is a great example of how having lots of pretty good players yet no great players can make a team a perennial non-playoff team.

Why can't the Jazz get really good again? I want to see Andrei Kirilenko's called AK47 all over ESPN because someone will be forced to give him a nickname.

To be honest...I can't wait for the Celebrity Game. There's just something about seeing the host of Blind Date showing off a good game every time. Is there something I don't know about Robert Lodge's past?

Warriors have put up 7 pts so far in the 4th quarter, good clutch 4th quarter shooting. GS is a great example of how having lots of pretty good players yet no great players can make a team a perennial non-playoff team.

There were 2 instances yesterday that had everyone in the stands shaking their heads in the 4th. One was where the Grizz either tied or got the game within 2. On the inbounds, Mike Dunleavy had either Richardson or Fisher to throw in to with Battier being the only guy there to apply pressure on either guard. Both guards should've split

but instead both ran towards the same side of the court, allowing Battier to guard both because they were in the same space and Dunleavy had to burn a timeout because he couldn't figure out how to get the ball in to 1 of 2 men with only 1 man back.

While that instance could be attributed to the players having a brain fart, Mickael Pietrus intentionally fouling Chucky Atkins with 7 seconds left IN A TIE BALL GAME WITH NO FOULS TO GIVE was beyond fucking stupid, especially coming out of a time out. The look on Derek Fisher's face was priceless as he just stared off in disbelief. There was a hush in the crowd, but they were all screaming in their heads, "WTF?"

Just to add, while I think it's very unlikely the Kings will not make the playoffs because they are just too far behind and it would take at least 2 monumental collapses from teams already in the playoff hunt and 2 big runs by the Kings to get in, I like the prospect of next year.

Provided Artest comes back, the emergence of Francisco Garcia as a poor man's Tayshaun Prince and Kevin Martin making Bonzi Wells expendable, I think the Kings will be back to a solid playoff team next year. The key here is the 3 guys I named off are all young and athletic, two attributes that have slipped by the Kings the last 2 years.

The West playoffs are shaping up to be pretty interesting this year. The 6th spot (currently held by the Hornets, of all teams) will be a gift and has a pretty high likelyhood for a first round upset, since the NW winner will be a barely-above-average team. The 5th spot is almost certain death, however, since that team (currently the Clippers) will get the fun task of facing either the Mavs or Spurs. I'm betting on the Mavs. Barring a huge collapse, it looks like the only spot still up for grabs is the 8th (Lakers for now). I'd watch out for the Kings or Rockets making a charge for the "who gets to job to the Spurs" spot.

The Knicks and Lakers were discussing a deal of Hardaway for Lamar Odom, but the Lakers wanted Channing Frye and the Knicks rejected it. Reportedly, Thomas would have gone for it had the Lakers added rookie center Andrew Bynum.

Credit: NYPost

Another rumor has Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo going to Orlando in exchange for a lottery-protected draft pick and Kelvin Cato, who would then be waived to get cap relief for Ben Wallace, who is a free agent this summer.

I'll live. Bynum is a star in the making, if this organization trades him they'll never see another dime from me.

K, my last fantasy trade didn't end up goign through, but I got a new offer today and I think it looks pretty good, but im just wandering if anyone else would put their 2 cents in as to whether I should trade or not. Keep in mind my league only scores by Points, Assists and Rebounds.

Trade: I would be getting Sam Cassell and Chauncy Billups for Caron Butler and Michael Redd.

My current roster is:

Diaw

Iguodala

LeBron

J. O' Neal(Injured for awhile)

Tayshaun Prince

Jalen Rose

Kenny Thomas

Carlos Boozer

Chris Kaman

Yao Ming

Pau Gasol

Marcus Camby

Redd

Butler

I already offered Kaman but he doesn't want him. So, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks to all.

I knew they would get close, but I didn't know that they'd be in position. I thought they'd be chasing from 9th.

It's a combination of the Hornets putting it together quicker than what people projected (Byron Scott and Chris Paul are the catalysts for this IMO) and the West being a weaker conference this year.

I say take the trade, Spike. And hang on to Kaman, since Camby can't seem to stay off the IL for more than a week or so at a time.

It's a combination of the Hornets putting it together quicker than what people projected (Byron Scott and Chris Paul are the catalysts for this IMO) and the West being a weaker conference this year.

And you know actually having a home crowd that wants them and supports them.

They were good in New Orleans too besides last year, which was an injury filled abomination, so I don't think that's such a big factor. If they would have had Baron and Magloire healthy last year, they wouldn't have been that bad.