TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

"Christmas on Mars" was kind of fucked up.

Holy shit, I've been waiting years to see this. To the top of my Netflix queue it goes.

EDIT: Damn, it's a long wait too. :(

They screened it on campus, it was in-fucking-sane. Given the Flaming Lips, I expected weird, but there were times it was almost Eraserhead weird.

And Ray Liotta fucking up Bustah Rhymesz in "Narc" > Terrance Howard yelling at Ludacris in "Crash."

Flipping through my guide to see what movies were debuting on TV in the coming weeks, I was happy to see the Dead Like Me revival film will be on in a few weeks (the 2nd, I think) on Superchannel. I don't know how it will be without Rube (nor do I know why it lists Laura Harris as a star - my very quick research on the subject indicated she had to pull out of the project) but I'm looking forward to it.

Flipping through my guide to see what movies were debuting on TV in the coming weeks, I was happy to see the Dead Like Me revival film will be on in a few weeks (the 2nd, I think) on Superchannel. I don't know how it will be without Rube (nor do I know why it lists Laura Harris as a star - my very quick research on the subject indicated she had to pull out of the project) but I'm looking forward to it.

Hmm, I think we have to wait for the DVD release here in the states (sometime in Feb.).

In regards to Marley and Me... the dog dies in just about every book like that. I read a lot of dogs books and the dog dies in just about every fucking one.

It's always slightly depressing but when I'm at the book store and I can't find anything I grab a dog book... that makes me the sucker, I think.

In regards to Marley and Me... the dog dies in just about every book like that. I read a lot of dogs books and the dog dies in just about every fucking one.

It's always slightly depressing but when I'm at the book store and I can't find anything I grab a dog book... that makes me the sucker, I think.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main...hByNewberyMedal

I just saw The Godfather for the first time. Yeah, seriously. There are a lot of movies people consider classics that I either haven't seen or didn't see until much later than most people. I didn't see any Star Wars films until the DVD set came out in 2004. I never saw any of the Terminator or Indiana Jones movies until this year.

Anyway, I don't get the hype. The Godfather is a good movie, certainly, but I don't see what puts it anywhere near "best movie ever" territory. It kind of dragged at several points. I enjoyed it, but it's not something I'd want to watch again and again.

That being said, Netflix is the shit. In the past month, I've watched almost 40 movies on disc and streaming. $8.99 a month for 1 DVD at a time plus over 12,000 titles streaming (I have 218 in my queue that I can watch from my PC or Xbox 360) is just incredible.

No, that's "Last Night."

That crappy apocalypse flick? That came out just a couple years after I wrote a screenplay with a similar premise, back in high school. And I still maintain that my script, while not terribly good, was still better than Last Night.

I try to watch A Christmas Story at least twice on Christmas day, but I usually get caught up with everything else going on in my house. On a similar note, FX seems to be doing a 24-hour marathon of... Ice Age 2? I know they did Jingle All the Way a year or two ago, but that movie?

One of the Disney Channels was playing The Santa Clause 3 in a loop for twenty four hours. I mean come on The Santa Clause is semi-understandable but The Santa Clause 3? Really? For 24 hours?

One of the Disney Channels was playing The Santa Clause 3 in a loop for twenty four hours. I mean come on The Santa Clause is semi-understandable but The Santa Clause 3? Really? For 24 hours?

Tim Allen and Martin Short need to be on somewhere.