TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW TV Week 8 Thread - August/1st/2006.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Hammerstein Ballroom gets extreme.

For the first time since One Night Stand II on June 11th, the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City will get extreme when ECW on Sci Fi is live from the venue Tuesday night.

In the main event, ECW World Heavyweight Champion Big Show will defend his gold against Smackdown's "Animal", Batista. Since winning the ECW World Heavyweight Title on July 4th, Big Show has turned back every challenger sent his way...but after two losses to Mr. Kennedy last week, Batista's six months of pent-up aggression has only gotten worse. Who will walk out of NYC with the gold?

In another matter involving the ECW World Heavyweight Title, last week, Paul Heyman denied Sabu's request for an ECW World Heavyweight Title match and ordered him to leave. Instead, Sabu came to the ring after Big Show's victory over Kane to bash the ECW Champion over the head with a chair. Will Paul Heyman have anything to say about the Death-Defying Maniac's actions?

Also, last week Mike Knox & Test brutally attacked The Sandman, but were then later attacked by Tommy Dreamer. Tuesday night, it will be Sandman & Dreamer .VS. Knox & Test in an Extreme Rules Match. Will the ECW veterans prove their extreme pedigree on Sci Fi, or will it be the newcomers who walk out victorious?

The Wrestling Machine will also be in the house this Tuesday night. "Olympic Gold Medalist" Kurt Angle will be in action, although his opponent is still unknown. Last time Angle stepped foot in Hammerstein Ballroom, he was victorious over Raw's Randy Orton at ECW One Night Stand II. Who will step up to challenge the Wrestling Machine this time?

Also, CM Punk will finally make his ECW on Sci debut. Will the straight-edge Extremist walk out of NYC with his first victory?

Find out all this and more Tuesday night at 10pm/9pm CT on Sci Fi.

ECW World Heavyweight Title Match

The Big Show .VS. Batista.

ECW Rules Tag Team Match

The Sandman & Tommy Dreamer .VS. Test & Mike Knox (with Kelly Kelly).

Singles Match, Kurt Angle's return to ECW

Kurt Angle .VS. ???.

Singles Match, CM Punk's ECW debut

CM Punk .VS. ???.

Does Raw even have four matches?

Not yet.

I mean because if you look at the contrast in style of the Raw preview and the ECW preview, it's nice to at least see that the selling point of the ECW show seems to be that there are four matches booked for a 1 hour show, while Raw it is a bunch of silliness and drivel before you actually get to the part about matches.

Not yet.

I mean because if you look at the contrast in style of the Raw preview and the ECW preview, it's nice to at least see that the selling point of the ECW show seems to be that there are four matches booked for a 1 hour show, while Raw it is a bunch of silliness and drivel before you actually get to the part about matches.

I noticed that as well last night while trying to figure out my fantasy team for this week. The Raw preview really only had mention of one match and that was Umage *CHOP* vs HBK *bald spot* and a whole bunch of "What might happen!" while the ECW preview was stacked with match information and some angle stuff. Maybe hopefully ECW will go to a wrestling based show instead of soap opera angles for a little while....Hell is there even time to do a Kelly expose?

Does Smackdown even have four wrestlers?

Batista, Finlay, Regal, Booker T, Ken Kennedy, Undertaker, etc, etc, etc.

I hope they dont have Punk confront Angle on his first night in. At least not physically. But I also dont want them to have 2 quick singles squashes for them.

They havent had a show without a Kelly segment yet so why start now. I'd hope the tag goes short but its supposedly the only ECW rules match so may be longer than I'd like.

Does ECW have a PPV lined up ever? Punk vs Angle is a money match. Punk will get over, and when he does people will dish out cash to see Punk vs Angle. You certainly don't give that away on free tv. My money is on either Punk vs Mordvamp, or maybe Punk vs Mamaluke. Punk vs Richards is also doable.

Does ECW have a PPV lined up ever? Punk vs Angle is a money match. Punk will get over, and when he does people will dish out cash to see Punk vs Angle. You certainly don't give that away on free tv. My money is on either Punk vs Mordvamp, or maybe Punk vs Mamaluke. Punk vs Richards is also doable.

There is a PPV set for December. Richards would the logical and best choice for Punk's debut tonight.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

Punk needs to debut by beating the debuting Shannon Moore.

ECW is also part of split brand PPVs but probably only as much as title matches, depending what else is booked. You could probably fit a few matches onto Survivor Series, but I can't see anything outside of Show/Sabu (or Show/Sabu/RVD) for SummerSlam, although SmackDown currently has zero matches booked for their side of the show, so maybe an Angle match could make it on the show.

Shannon Moore needs to be the dude that Sandman beats the fuck out of one week, then never come back.

They've got like 4 months til the next ECW ppv. That's a good amount of time to really build up a guy like CM Punk.

I think it'll help, not being shoved onto tons of ppvs as soon as these guys debut.

I think the younger guys in this ECW experiment will end up doing better then the younger guys on Raw and SD, and that's enough to keep me watching.

Also, Angle should no way be coming back to the ring this soon if he's poppin' as many pills as the rags are claiming.

Vicodens/Loritabs/Hydro Codiene/Codone, whatever he's taking that much of, if it's codiene related, then it takes a while to really get over that shit.

I had more trouble quiting that shit then I did coke, and Angle's body is so fucked, I don't see how he can wrestle without being sedated.

The dudes eyes are so glazed over when he's in the ring, it's crazy.

And I'm looking forward to the crowd reaction to the main event, and Angle and Punk's matches.

Hopefully there is a few mentions of RVD returning.

I'll be watching ECW without reading along to you guys' commentary for the first time since like the second or third week.

Hopefully the crowd makes up for it.

I'm countin' on you, Bob Barron.

--Even though the Hammerstein only holds 2,500, it was not sold out as of yesterday.

Ouch.

Well, honestly, who in the hell wants to pay for a 1 hour show with a dark match or two? I am assuming ECW tickets are roughly the same price as Raw and Smackdown tickets. At least when ECW/Smackdown are taped together you are getting a solid 3 hour show plus a bonus match or two. This is yet another logical reason for ECW to get it's own tapings and tape multiple weeks at one time. Of course with Vince, constantly wanting to change things every thirty seconds, it is a hard sell.

I think it's not sold out because people don't want to see this fake ECW product.

I am sure that is part of it as well.

If the crowd roasts the show as expected will this be the last time that WWE runs new ECW in an original ECW building?

So no minor league hockey rinks?

I would love to hear a consistent "This Show Sucks!" chant throughout the entire hour. Hopefully Paul Heyman will have an in-ring interview, I can't wait to hear what chants the fans come up with for that.