TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW TV Week 10 Thread - August/15th/2006.

Who's No.1?

As ECW heads to Washington, D.C. this week, the No.1 Contender for the ECW World Heavyweight Title is still undetermined...but that will all change in the nation's capital.

Last week, Sabu and Kurt Angle squared off for that honor, but the shocking return of Rob Van Dam spoiled the match. RVD interrupted and attacked both men with a chair, making a statement that he is back and hungry for the ECW World Heavyweight Title as well.

As a result, there will be a No.1 Contender Triple Threat Ladder Match this week to solve the dilemma. Angle, Sabu and Van Dam will all participate, and the winner will go on to face Big Show at SummerSlam for the ECW World Heavyweight Title. Which of these three incredible athletes will head to Boston as the No.1 Contender?

Also last week, Paul Heyman once again had his personal security force attack Tommy Dreamer, leading to him losing a match against Mike Knox. When Sandman came out to help his fallen friend, he found himself in a Handicap Match against Knox & Test. Will there be another chapter written in the war between Heyman and Dreamer (and possibly now Sandman) in the nation's capital?

Plus, CM Punk thanked the fans last week for the reception he received in the Hammerstein Ballroom. Punk said that it was no longer about the price he paid to get to ECW, but rather the future and what it holds. Tonight, it holds his second match on ECW on Sci Fi, who will challenge the straight-edge Extremist this time?

Also, last night on Raw, Mick Foley promised to send a message to the "Nature Boy" at his old stomping grounds, ECW. Foley told Flair he is going to do something so extreme that he's never done it before. What does Foley have in store for the legendary 16-time World Heavyweight Champion? After the beating Foley gave to the "Nature Boy" on Raw, will Flair even make it to ECW?

Find out all this and more tonight at 10pm/9pm CT only on Sci Fi.

No.1 Contender Ladder Match

Rob Van Dam .VS. Sabu .VS. Kurt Angle.

Singles Match

CM Punk .VS. Justin Credible.

Maybe they will turn RVD's suspension into an angle. Maybe we see Sabu win Tuesday in the classic way where RVD has the match won, and Sabu comes out of nowhere to win the match and the show goes off the air with RVD giving off a look of frustration and anger, then Sabu goes on to win the title at Summerslam, and the following Tuesday we see RVD kind of feel stand-offish towards Sabu, and this behavior continues, until RVD attacks Sabu and it is revealed that RVD feels Sabu "sold him out" and saved his own ass which caused RVD to take the brunt of the punishment. This of course would lead to an RVD heel turn and a title match between the two in December at the ECW PPV, in front of a rabid ECW crowd.

Guest Overworked

Im wondering if they will ever develop the other titles? the Tag belts and TV belt again?

Im wondering if they will ever develop the other titles? the Tag belts and TV belt again?

They could, rather easily, by just introducing a tournament and every week have a round of the tournment. It would be such an easy way to introduce new guys, and to build storylines and of course to get the belts on someone. I wouldn't be suprised if ECW got a two hour timeslot after the initial Sci-Fi deal is done, and maybe then more titles will be introduced.

Maybe they will turn RVD's suspension into an angle. Maybe we see Sabu win Tuesday in the classic way where RVD has the match won, and Sabu comes out of nowhere to win the match and the show goes off the air with RVD giving off a look of frustration and anger, then Sabu goes on to win the title at Summerslam, and the following Tuesday we see RVD kind of feel stand-offish towards Sabu, and this behavior continues, until RVD attacks Sabu and it is revealed that RVD feels Sabu "sold him out" and saved his own ass which caused RVD to take the brunt of the punishment. This of course would lead to an RVD heel turn and a title match between the two in December at the ECW PPV, in front of a rabid ECW crowd.

i was going to post something just like this, but you beat me to it.... bastard.

I think that would be the best thing to do, and I hope that is what gets done... I'd sure hate to see Show defend the title.... ugh.

I typed out a long ass post with the Main Event scene, with RVD, Sabu, Big Show, CM Punk winning a tournament for a number one contendership down the road, for the December ECW ppv against RVD who wins the title back before then, and keeps it untill Mnia at least.

Then at Mania, Sabu and RVD can have an Old-School ECW match for the title.

Then there's the over-laying Old ECW Vs. New ECW storyline.

Test and Knox are just there for Sandman and Dreamer to kick the shit out of, and for the crowd to despise, and both of those are working right now. After the blow off to this, have the Bashams "revealed" as Heyman's security, and start a Sandman and Dreamer fued with them.

This could kick off the tag division, once you add in the other teams ECW already has.

The original post was alot better, but that's pretty much the jist of it.

Right now it just wouldn't make any sense to bring back the Tag and TV belts cause there just insn't enough time. If they can score a 2 hour time slot then all of the other belts are fair game and they can really start to devlop this brand a bit more.

I do not think the length of the show is the problem. I think the way it is booked right now and the roster is what the problem is. When ECW was syndicated it never had a problem with 3 titles and 15 minutes of the show was filled with billboards.

The hour ECW show now is mostly competitive singles squashes and then a singles Main Event. We need more 3 way dances, tag matches and 6 man tags.

Right now it just wouldn't make any sense to bring back the Tag and TV belts cause there just insn't enough time. If they can score a 2 hour time slot then all of the other belts are fair game and they can really start to devlop this brand a bit more.

The last thing ECW needs is the ECW Television Champion, MIKE...KNOX!

3 way ladder match with Sabu, RVD, and Kurt Angle and a CM Punk match.....SOLD!

As long as the CM Punk match is a competitive type of match and not a squash and the 3 way is given enough time and doesn't end with a gimmicky finish, it'll be all good.

They could, rather easily, by just introducing a tournament and every week have a round of the tournment. It would be such an easy way to introduce new guys, and to build storylines and of course to get the belts on someone. I wouldn't be suprised if ECW got a two hour timeslot after the initial Sci-Fi deal is done, and maybe then more titles will be introduced.

I'd still watch if they got 2 hours.

I do not think the length of the show is the problem. I think the way it is booked right now and the roster is what the problem is. When ECW was syndicated it never had a problem with 3 titles and 15 minutes of the show was filled with billboards.

The hour ECW show now is mostly competitive singles squashes and then a singles Main Event. We need more 3 way dances, tag matches and 6 man tags.

I don't tink time matter either. Look at TNA Impact. Theya re able to push all three divisions on most of the shows. They may not have matches for each division, but they push each.

Yeah, but if they go to 2 hours they could split the segments/matches between Vince and Heyman and the show could be tons better.

And if Heyman wasn't just sucking up to the internet fans, then having a good cruiserweight and tag division would need 2 hours, considering you've got the main event plus all the other shit that Vince crams on the show.

The problem is not the one hour timeslot, but the fact that it is a LIVE one hour show. Once the original deal ends, maybe the new deal will include either a two hour timeslot or it just won't be live anymore, and the show will be taped in front of an ECW crowd every week where they can tape 2-3 weeks worth of tapings, that way it would be much easier to debut new wrestlers, and introduce new belts.

I don't tink time matter either. Look at TNA Impact. Theya re able to push all three divisions on most of the shows. They may not have matches for each division, but they push each.

When ECW was syndicated, the shows weren't live so matches weren't always shown in full. You'd see a lot of matches JIP or clipped to 5 minute highlights. You can't do that live.

What they really need to do is tape some matches at house shows every weekend and run a Hardcore TV-style show on ECW.com. Just take a 2-camera setup to every show and have Joey dub commentary at the office. They've already shown clips from house shows (the ECW Arena return video) and it looked alright, so why not do this?

It would give the undercard guys more exposure, give ECW fanatics more matches to watch, build interest in live events, and provide another avenue for hyping ECW angles.

When ECW was syndicated, the shows weren't live so matches weren't always shown in full. You'd see a lot of matches JIP or clipped to 5 minute highlights. You can't do that live.

What they really need to do is tape some matches at house shows every weekend and run a Hardcore TV-style show on ECW.com. Just take a 2-camera setup to every show and have Joey dub commentary at the office. They've already shown clips from house shows (the ECW Arena return video) and it looked alright, so why not do this?

It would give the undercard guys more exposure, give ECW fanatics more matches to watch, build interest in live events, and provide another avenue for hyping ECW angles.

I'd agree if it was an undercard match a week, but their roster is soo shallow it'd get repetitive real quick.

Raw has the womens division, SD has cruiserweights, they can give ECW tagteams. It's a fairly new concept.

And I dont need to see Angle falling off ladders.

Vince McMahon apparently lost his cool at Shannon Moore who he felt buckled to the ECW crowd by delivering a lackluster match to a horrible crowd reaction and then getting on the mike afterwards saying, "I'm not here to impress the internet." Vince ordered the finish of the dark match between CW Anderson and Moore be changed mid-match to have Anderson go over and he also order that the two switch roles and Anderson work face. On the August 8th show, there was no mention of him on the show so many backstage think he blew his chance.

credit: prowrestling.com

I can't say I'm sad to hear this news.

Now if only Anderson could get Moore's planned spot on the tv roster.

Minus the look.

I can't picture C.W. with a spikey mohawk.

It's kind of funny though because Shannon Moore getting on the mic and saying that is kind of ECW-like. I mean there were many instances where workers in ECW would get pissed and grab the mic and say something to the crowd, lol. I remember when Candido came back after while and the crowd was chanting for Sunny, and he finally had enough, grabbed a mic and said, "For the record, she's not here tonight, they made her go to the slammy's so shut up, I'm trying to fuckin' wrestle here" LOL.

Of course, Candido went on to have a pretty good match(I believe that it was against Mikey Whipwreck) where as Shannon Moore probably stunk up the joint.

I can't say I'm sad to hear this news.

Now if only Anderson could get Moore's planned spot on the tv roster.

Minus the look.

I can't picture C.W. with a spikey mohawk.

:lol:

any word on who CM Punk is wrestling?

I'm hoping it'll be Guido, which would make for a good match since Guido can work a mat style and that'll put over Punk's strengths much more then Credible and his amazingly lazy half crab did.

I also expect Angle to take one bump early that'll take him out of the whole match (and hopefully out of the ring for months) and they'll do a double finish with the belt landing on each Sabu and RVD to set up a 3 way at SS.

Which saves Sabu/TBS for Unforgiven or a hyped ECW show.

they'll do a double finish with the belt landing on each Sabu and RVD to set up a 3 way at SS.

The belt?