TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

That's the whole balancing trick. JR making an off the cuff remark about US champions is not news. It is quite literally a comment that doesn't warrant a thread, bordering on "Comment that doesn't warrant a comment".

You think the morons that frequent the WWE folder can figure this out? It's why no quality posters come up here anymore.

That's the whole balancing trick. JR making an off the cuff remark about US champions is not news. It is quite literally a comment that doesn't warrant a thread, bordering on "Comment that doesn't warrant a comment".

You think the morons that frequent the WWE folder can figure this out? It's why no quality posters come up here anymore.

People rip on the WWE board here a lot, but I'd like to see what board on the internet people are holding up as the ideal of wrestling discussion. I haven't seen it.

Well, the thing is the truly lame and mundane threads tend to die off fairly quick. A decent thread will draw interest and posts, whereas the vast majority of crap threads get a couple of posts and fade away. There are the exceptions of course, where a crappy thread evolves into a flame war or idiotic nonsense and thus should be closed.

This is more of an in general comment on SD rather than a spoiler, but isn't it time SD had a different top contender than Batista? If there's one thing about Raw they at least have rotated guys in and out against Cena this year (Umaga, HBK, Khali). In the past year it seems like no matter who has the belt, Batista is either champ or constantly challenging. Are there no other contenders on the show?

ECW is even worse, but that's obvious. Why does Lashley even WANT this shitty ECW belt back when it now has zero meaning due to Vince winning it period? None of the other ECW wrestlers seem to give a shit about Vince having it, aside from a 2 week bit with the Originals. Why doesn't Lashley just say "Fuck it, Vince. I'm going to Smackdown and will challenge Edge."

Take this for what it's worth because it's uncredited from a community.......

What was said is still unclear but a couple rumors say that Batista made some remarks about Jillian and Michelle being talentless bitchs who were wasting time that could have been used for a match involving him. Sources say that was when Shelly became very angry and gave him a piece of her mind stating that the two women worked and trained just as hard as him and deserved to have matches from time to time. Sources then say Batista just laughed at her and told her that none of the women work nearly as hard as him and that she worked least of them all. What Shelly said to him after that seems to change with who you ask but one thing that's for sure is that it made Batista furious and he complained about her to upper managment (mainly Triple-H) and it wasn't long before she was released.

Another factor working against Shelly was the fact that her very bestfriend in WWE was Melina who Shelly had trained with all the way back in their UPW days. Shelly even once played Melina's sister in a UPW angle. In fact it was Melina who got WWE to look at Shelly and give her a Developmental contract. It is well known that Stephanie hates Melina, but Vince & Shane love her. Some feel Stephanie fired Shelly out of her spite for Melina which seems very childish if true.

Stephanie also didn't like Ariel because she was handpicked by Paul Heyman for the new ECW and Steph hates Heyman with a passion.

Well, I'd buy all of that. It's been said that whatever Ariel said to Batista, she was totally 100% in the right and he was in the wrong. A guy like Booker T can get away with standing up to Batista, but that's way over the head of someone like Ariel.

Have I expressed my hatred for Batista today? If not then yeah, I still think that guy sucks.

I believe that post from Mecca...why wouldn't you, ya know? It's pretty much the MO for the people involved. It may not be 100% accurate, but I'm sure it's close enough.

She still could have a job if she controlled her emotions like an adult and kept her damn mouth shut.

as compared to batista with those mature comments of his? she seems to have more balls than batista does..kudos to her for standing up for her friends.

It's like mouthing off to Stephanie or Vince. Maybe you have a point, but you don't tell off the most important people in the company. That's just stupid.

And really, Batista has a point. The Smackdown divas are useless.

It's like mouthing off to Stephanie or Vince. Maybe you have a point, but you don't tell off the most important people in the company. That's just stupid.

maybe she values principle and standing up for her friends over her job. i don't think that is stupid at all..it shows character and balls, because she obviously knew the likely consequences of saying such things to the almighty batista. stephanie probably would have found another reason to fire her eventually anyway.

If you want to work in the wrestling business it's stupid. She mouthed off to a superior and got fired for it. It has nothing to do with principles. If you want to work for WWE you have to adhere to their rules, and drawing the ire of a former world champion and top Smackdown star is not smart.

maybe she values principle and standing up for her friends over her job. i don't think that is stupid at all..it shows character and balls, because she obviously knew the likely consequences of saying such things to the almighty batista. stephanie probably would have found another reason to fire her eventually anyway.

She won a cheap verbal battle she only fought to expand her ego rather than get the good will of the brand's #1 guy. That's a stupid move. Her behavior was foolish.

I think this is just another good opportunity to call Batista a prick, and I don't mind at all.

If you want to work in the wrestling business it's stupid. She mouthed off to a superior and got fired for it. It has nothing to do with principles. If you want to work for WWE you have to adhere to their rules, and drawing the ire of a former world champion and top Smackdown star is not smart.

why is this so hard to understand? i said maybe she values principle MORE than the job. i can see there are not a lot of people who believe in standing up for ones friends even if it means bad things for you. sad.

She won a cheap verbal battle she only fought to expand her ego rather than get the good will of the brand's #1 guy. That's a stupid move. Her behavior was foolish.

expand her ego? where do you get this from? if someone was attacking your friends, you standing up for them is stroking your ego? thats one of the craziest things ive ever heard.

And what good did it do anyone for her to stand up for her friends? That's not her place in the company. Jillian and Michelle are not in any better position because of her and now she is on the unemployment line. You don't make a difference by bitching out one of the company's top stars in front of everyone. Regardless of what Batista said or did, I probably would have let her go too. She doesn't have the talent, the experience or the seniority to take that sort of stance. That's the breaks of working in the real world, whether Batista was being a dick or not (and since this all hearsay anyways, it's hard to come down hard on him).

So basically, she told Batista off with a statement that was 100% accurate but she is the stupid one? Seriously, why would she want to work for a company that allows the guys to shit all over her friends just because they are women?

Honestly, I have yet to figure out why any women want in the wrestling business. Surrounded by roided up frat boys who can call you anything they want and touch you anywhere they want and if you say or do anything about it, it's out the door for you for not knowing how the game is played. What the hell IS the appeal?

So basically, she told Batista off with a statement that was 100% accurate but she is the stupid one?

"Telling somebody off" is stupid, whether she was correct or not. The only result of it was her being released from the company. Stupid move.

expand her ego? where do you get this from? if someone was attacking your friends, you standing up for them is stroking your ego? thats one of the craziest things ive ever heard.

If my boss said one of my friends was a lazy worker (she has, many times, and he is lazy), I surely wouldn't "tell her off". If I did, I would expand my ego with a feeling of "I'm not taking shit, I'm a great person" and that would be the ONLY logical reason why anyone would tell off a superior. It would be stupid because I'd be looking for a new job the next day.

I see a lot of message board toughness in this thread....

Ariel or whatever her real name is did nothing wrong...

I remember hearing stories of wrestlers confronting others who made bad remarks about someone and they stood up to them and it was viewed as earning respect

Batista complained because he tried to embarass someone and got embarassed himself...

Ariel was pretty plain. Batista can have good matches, but more often than not doesn't. Together, they are of little interest to me.

The fact that you guys are having such a heated argument about it I find humourous though.

What is the DVDR board though?

From Gerweck

A reminder, WWE MSG Classics is on the MSG Network tonight at 8PM ET.

(credit: wrestlingobserver.com)

A forum, similar to this, but much, much worse.

Can I have a link? I've googled various combinations of dvdr, forum, message board, wrestling and wwe, but they all lead to scene release sites and similar.

Some would say DVDR is 10 times better then this board, but that's neither here or there. Why are people even talking about "DVDR"?

Batista was a bit of a prick, if that story is true.

Some would say DVDR is 10 times better then this board, but that's neither here or there. Why are people even talking about "DVDR"?

Yeah, the attention whoring morons who pollute that board, maybe.

Yeah, the attention whoring morons who pollute that board, maybe.

GodSon is that you? But really SM is never talked about over there. It seems kind ofr stupid to bash another board, where alot of posters here go there also.