TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Guest *KNK*

While watching Austin/Undertaker on the Undertaker DVD, I was wondering if they ever do a proper Austin DVD, how should it be done...

Here's what I had

3:16

The Stone Cold Steve Austin Collection

Disc One

+Hollywood Blondes Vs Ricky Steamboat and Shane Douglas (3/2/93)

+Hollywood Blondes Vs Ric Flair and Arn Anderson 2/3 Falls (Clash 23)

+Brian Pillman Vs Stunning Steve Austin (Clash 25)

+Dustin Rhodes Vs Stunning Steve Austin 1994 2/3 falls (Starrcade 1993)

+Ricky Steamboat Vs Stunning Steve Austin US TITLE (BATB 1994)

+Mikey Whipwreck Vs Superstar Steve Austin ECW World Title (November to Remember 1995)

+Savio Vega Vs Steve Austin Caribbean Strap Match (Beware of Dog)

Extras

+Hollywood Blondes Promo/Vignette

+ECW Superstar Steve Vignettes/promos

+Ringmaster debut

+Austin 3:16 is born

Disc Two

+Bret Hart Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (Survivor Series 1996)

+Bret Hart Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin “Submission Match” (WrestleMania 13)

+Owen Hart and British Bulldog Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels (Raw- 5/26/97)

+Shawn Michaels Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (KOTR 1997)

+Owen Hart Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin IC Title (Summer Slam 1997)

+Shawn Michaels Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin WWE Title (WrestleMania XIV)

+Dude Love Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin WWE Title (Over the Edge 1998)

+Kane Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin WWE Title (Raw 6/29/98)

+Undertaker Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin WWE Title (SummerSlam 1998)

+Vince McMahon Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin Cage Match (St. Valentine’s Day Massacre)

Extras

+Austin promo/vignettes on Hart

+Austin Breaks into Pillman’s House

+Austin Attacks Bret Hart in Ambulance

+Austin Forfeit IC Title to The Rock

+Austin confronts Mike Tyson

+Austin and the Zamboni attacks Vince McMahon

+Austin visits Mr. McMahon in hospital

+Austin kidnaps Vince McMahon

+Beer Bath on Rock and McMahon

Disc Three

+The Undertaker Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin WWF Title (Raw 6/28/99)

+Triple H Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin WWE Title (No Mercy 1999)

+Rikishi Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (No Mercy 2000)

+Chris Benoit Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (SD Edmonton)

+The Rock Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin WWE Title (WrestleMania X7)

+Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin Vs Chris Benoit and Jericho (Raw 5/21/01)

+Kurt Angle Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin WWE Title (SummerSlam 2001)

+Kurt Angle Vs RVD Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin WWF Title (No Mercy 2001)

+Ric Flair Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (Raw- 6/3/02)

+The Rock Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (WrestleMania XIX)

Extras

+The Higher Power is revealed-Austin named CEO of WWE

+Austin is ran over by a car

+Austin returns to avenge his injury

+Triple H reveals the plot

+The Rock and Austin have a sit down interview

+Austin and Angle compete for Vince’s attention

+Austin interrogates RVD

+Austin explains his leave of absence

+Austin shares a beer bath with Goldberg

+Austin appears on Piper’s Pit at WMXXI

Anything missing?

I'd add Austin vs. Rock from DX: IYH. Not a classic, but it's a really fun match that only goes about six minutes. Another to maybe add would be Austin vs. Angle from the October 2001 Raw, since he did regain the title.

Unless it was included in the first blood match (I can't remember), add as an extra the supermarket brawl with Booker T.

Guest *KNK*
I'd add Austin vs. Rock from DX: IYH. Not a classic, but it's a really fun match that only goes about six minutes. Another to maybe add would be Austin vs. Angle from the October 2001 Raw, since he did regain the title.

Unless it was included in the first blood match (I can't remember), add as an extra the supermarket brawl with Booker T.

There's a handful of other Rock/Austin matches, I almost considered the Backlash match after Mania XV. The supermarket brawl, that was a slip-up by me. That's required. There's nearly 500 promos/segments for Austin that would get left off, I just was thinking of the more historic ones.

I'm also sure there's some good WCW matches besides the 1992 WarGames that would fit Austin but I didn't remember any and figured the tag title win(not even sure if it was taped or not), the 2/3 fall tag match (very good) and the 3 us title matches were a good enough showcase for his WCW Days.

As for ECW? He had a shitload of classic promos and vignettes but I only remembered that one match with Whipwreck, maybe there's another you can remind of.

Maybe 31 Matches is overkill? The problem is, every match seems essential to Austin's career (okay, maybe not everyone of them)..

I would take out the following matches from that list of 31:

+Great Muta Vs Stunning Steve Austin US Title (Spring Stampede 1994)

+Marc Mero Vs Steve Austin (KOTR 1996)

+Mankind Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (Survivor Series 1998)

+Triple H Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin 3 Stages of Hell (No Way Out 2001)

+Booker T Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin First Blood (SD- 12/20/01)

I'd also add his May 2001 SD match with Benoit.

Guest Askewniverse
Maybe 31 Matches is overkill?  The problem is, every match seems essential to Austin's career (okay, maybe not everyone of them)..

You could probably drop a few matches. Some of the matches and extras on your list were on Austin's last DVD, The Stone Cold Truth, which is still available.

Blondes vs. Flair & Anderson, Whipwreck vs. Austin, Austin's ECW Promos, the Zamboni segment, the hospital segment with McMahon, the beer bath on Rock and McMahon segment, and the beer bash with Goldberg segment were all on The Stone Cold Truth.

The match isn't very good and has a lame DQ finish to boot. Dump it.

No good reason to keep this match. The finish is really, really weak and makes Austin look bad.

+Triple H Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin WWE Title (No Mercy 1999

This would be more appropriate on a HHH DVD. I wouldn't say this is an essential match for an Austin DVD.

+Chris Benoit Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin (SD 2/15/01)

Decent match, but I don't know why you included it. Austin vs. Benoit from Edmonton would be a better choice.

Their SmackDown match in January 2002 was better, but I wouldn't include either one of the matches.

Guest *KNK*
I would take out the following matches from that list of 31:

+Marc Mero Vs Steve Austin (KOTR 1996)

+Triple H Vs Stone Cold Steve Austin 3 Stages of Hell (No Way Out 2001)

I'd also add his May 2001 SD match with Benoit.

I thought about that the May match but I wasn't sure which one was the edmonton match, I took a guess and thought it was the 2/15/01 but after looking it up, It was in fact the May match that was famous Edmonton match.

The reason I put Marc Mero match on there was to seuge into the whole "This is where 3:16 was born" (and this was a better match then roberts match) but I guess just showing the finish to the Roberts match and then the promo would be more then enough.

The Muta match was a match I enjoyed personally but by no means was it really significant, that could easily be taking off without question.

The SS98 match was really just for the whole McMahon Saga aspect, the match wasn't all that great but it was quality "Sportz Entertainment" but it's not all that neccesary.

The Booker inclusion was just to give something different.

As for the 3 Stages of Hell, I felt it wasn't completely neccesary as it wasn't that great although it was praised tremendously at first and the time of the match, ate up alot of time (nearly 45 minutes). However, I thought there had to be that "closure" to the Austin/HHH program although Austin did lose to Triple H here, so showing a 40+ minute over-rated brawl where he loses, really wouldn't serve much of a purpose other then giving Triple H the statisfaction.

What about the KOTR 2001 Triple Threat? or the Power Trip Vs Jericho/Benoit title change?

Those aren't "classics" nor did they really serve any long lasting significance to his career, I just felt they were different from the other matches. I want the dvd to avoid the problem Undertaker's DVD did, which was the feeling of "the same old match".

I wouldn't use the KOTR 2001 Triple Threat, because it's not that good and it doesn't add a whole lot. I would use the Austin/HHH v Benoit/Jericho tag match. It's a really good match, the crowd are crazy, and it shows that Austin can work hot tag matches as well as hot singles matches.

I wouldn't use the Three Stages Of Hell match either. It's very overrated, Austin loses, and it takes up too much time. It would be better served being on a Triple H DVD.

Guest *KNK*
I wouldn't use the KOTR 2001 Triple Threat, because it's not that good and it doesn't add a whole lot. I would use the Austin/HHH v Benoit/Jericho tag match. It's a really good match, the crowd are crazy, and it shows that Austin can work hot tag matches as well as hot singles matches.

I wouldn't use the Three Stages Of Hell match either. It's very overrated, Austin loses, and it takes up too much time. It would be better served being on a Triple H DVD.

You might be an expert here, are there any WCW matches I forgot for Austin, I'm sure he had some good tag matches during the DA era in 1992 but I already had 2 Hollywood Blondes matches on there anyways. I included the Rhodes and Steamboat matches because I thought there were good and they always got good reviews.

The Muta inclusion was me looking back and that was one of the few Austin singles matches I really could remember.

I'm sure he had some gems on Saturday Night but I didn't follow WCW too closely at the time. I only have tapes of the PPV's so thats all I can go by.

I would go ahead and add on Austin/Roberts in it entirety from KOTR 1996. Obviously, not a classic but a short match w/ Austin completely dominating until Monsoon stops it only to have Roberts beg to have the match restarted. It gets restarted, Roberts gets some token offense before eating a stunner.

IIRC, it was only about 5-7 minutes and it showcases Austin's mean streak which he didn't get to display much until calling out Bret Hart later in the year.

I'm sure he had some gems on Saturday Night but I didn't follow WCW too closely at the time.  I only have tapes of the PPV's so thats all I can go by.

I believe he had a nice match against Sting for the US Title in 1994. Haven't seen it ages and only saw it because it was replayed on Worldwide. IIRC, it was a very high energy match but it took a backseat to the Austin/Pillman conflict as Sting was DQed for Pillman's interference.

You might be an expert here, are there any WCW matches I forgot for Austin, I'm sure he had some good tag matches during the DA era in 1992 but I already had 2 Hollywood Blondes matches on there anyways. I included the Rhodes and Steamboat matches because I thought there were good and they always got good reviews.

The Muta inclusion was me looking back and that was one of the few Austin singles matches I really could remember.

I'm sure he had some gems on Saturday Night but I didn't follow WCW too closely at the time. I only have tapes of the PPV's so thats all I can go by.

There was an Austin/Pillman v Steamboat and Douglas match from Worldwide in early 1993 that was really good. For singles you could add his TV title win over Barry Windham.

Guest *KNK*

There was an Austin/Pillman v Steamboat and Douglas match from Worldwide in early 1993 that was really good. For singles you could add his TV title win over Barry Windham.

Was that the title change match that I had already placed on the "list"?

I was under the impression the 1st match between those teams was on the Clash of the Champions and ended in a draw. The rematch and title change was on Worldwide. When they won the titles, they still weren't "The Hollywood Blondes". Unless they had a match that occured between these two.

I was under the impression the 1st match between those teams was on the Clash of the Champions and ended in a draw.  The rematch and title change was on Worldwide.  When they won the titles, they still weren't "The Hollywood Blondes".  Unless they had a match that occured between these two.

Their first match to air was at the Clash, but on a Worldwide just after they had a non-title match which Pillman and Austin won.

I was under the impression the 1st match between those teams was on the Clash of the Champions and ended in a draw.  The rematch and title change was on Worldwide.  When they won the titles, they still weren't "The Hollywood Blondes".  Unless they had a match that occured between these two.

Their first match to air was at the Clash, but on a Worldwide just after they had a non-title match which Pillman and Austin won.

Gotcha. I went to check a Blondes comp I have but was immediately distracted over how terrible Ricky Steamboat's "Family Man" entrance song was.

Guest www.theunprettier.com

id like wwe to resign 90s wrestler hakushi. that guy had talent. he was far too good for his time. hes still in his prime wrestling in japan. and could put over guys like shelton in quality bouts.

Guest *KNK*
id like wwe to resign 90s wrestler hakushi. that guy had talent. he was far too good for his time. hes still in his prime wrestling in japan. and could put over guys like shelton in quality bouts.

There's nearly 100 better people to use in that slot.

Maybe not a 100 but I really wouldn't trust WWE to do that right and Jinsei wouldn't need to be there.

I'd rather see Matt Sydal instead.

Wow, there were 5 matches on Heat this week. That's the most it's had on years.

Also, we got the first look at the future tag teams of Dupree/Tomko and Venis/Viscera.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

I'm looking forward to The Heart-Throbs .VS. Venis & Viscera.

I love Durpee on the mic, so I can't wait for segments involving him and the Tattoo Terminator.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
Can Venis carry 3 guys? Tune in to Heat to find out! Those would be some horrible matches.

The Heart-Throbs .VS. Venis & Viscera, will probably happen at Unforgiven, as PPV filler.

You've got to pay to see this classic, baby.

Thanks to 411:

"Before Summerslam there was meeting held with the locker room. They were told that there were to be no video games backstage, so that they wouldn’t be distracted. Also during this meeting, they aired a tape of a recent Hardcore Holly vs. Steven Richards bout from Velocity to show the importance of “less is more” and how to sell during a match. They also asked from this kind of effort from all of the men.

The next Tuesday, Richards wasn’t used for the Smackdown taping though, even after his praise from management. Richards is said to be very upset, as he though the rebirth of the bWo would actually mean a push/reward for all of his hard work."

HA! Shows Stevie for trying. I'm sure glad hard work earns praise...that goes nowhere and leads to nothing.

also taken from 411:

- A new edition of Lockerroom Lockdown is now up at WWE.com. It features Simon Dean talking about who he thinks should lose a few pounds. JBL also has a video clip up giving out his "weekly awards."

yikes! :unsure: