TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

On a "Major Fall from Grace" note, I was at a Northeast Wrestling Indy Show tonight, and Joey Mercury finally made his return to the Indies, wrestling second match up in a High School Gym teaming with Romeo Roselli. That's gotta a pretty major hit to the Ego right there. Main event was Samoa Joe vs Christian which was fairly good, and Kurt ANgle was the big drawing card, although he only cut a promo and signed autographs.

Well, it worked for Umaga. They released him back in 2003 because he got into a brawl or something at a club. He went off and made the indie rounds, even showed up here locally (impressed the hell out of me as well), and they brought him back in 2006 and he's now a major player in WWE, and since his return I can't remember any reports of him fucking up.

We've seen many examples of how getting cut can help a guy out in the long run but we've seen just as many if not more cases of it doing nothing in the way of improvement.

Jeff Hardy is another great example. he was a walking trainwreck when he got released in 03. He went other places, finally got his act together in 06, came back to the WWE, and he's looked like the Hardy from 2000 rather than the Hardy from 2003.

Hardy and Sabu are total surprises. Hardy because he has been quite consistant and solid in his role and Sabu for keeping his job despite seemingly damaging actions. I might just throw Sandman in there as well, but he's gotten some heat as well like Sabu although that seems to more of a personality then rather then the stuff Sabu has done.

I just watched the WWE Tag Title Change and absolutely loved it. Londrick being The Rockers to Deuce & Domino's Power & Glory at SSlam 1990 was sweet. D & D have a ton of energy and although haven't really established their individual identites, and may fall victim to being lumped in with teams like the Bashams or DOA because of their similar looks, there's one noticeable difference (besides their hair)...Deuce & Domnino are full of energy, hit fun double-teams, and awesome strikes. Please give them 15 minutes with Londrick at Judgment Day, since Backlash is a RAW PPV with 1-3 ECW/SD! matches.

So yeah, I don't like the see the title streak ended, but since they deemed it necessary, it might well have been D & D.

Oh yeah...

CRACK 'EM IN DA MOUTH!

With the former Assassin Jody Hamilton booking DSW, including telling Meltzer tonight that MIKE KNOX and his partner there are, and I quote, "THE BEST TAG TEAM IN WRESTLING TODAY" (!!!), no wonder they failed. The Assassin running a wrestling program? WWE was wise to axe them.

I saw Mike Knox & Derrick Neikirk (as "Team Elite") against Tony Santorelli & Mike Taylor (as "High Impact") in a dark match at a Smackdown taping in September 2005. They were all pretty brutal.

I wonder what Paul Heyman saw in Knox.

Has Chris Benoit surpassed Orlando Jordan's record of longest reigning U.S. Champion since the belt was brought out of retirement?

Has Chris Benoit surpassed Orlando Jordan's record of longest reigning U.S. Champion since the belt was brought out of retirement?

According to Wikipedia, yes.

Benoit: 195 days (and counting)

Jordan: 175 days (damn, it felt longer than that)

That reminds me of when WCW was pushing the Benoit/Malenko tag team in '99 or so (they were feuding over the tag titles with Hennig and Windham) and they aired a promo where they were shot from the waist up...and of course, neither was wearing a shirt. It was so weird looking.

Wow. At first I wasn't too excited about the PPVs going back to all three brands, but Backlash is already a pretty solid card. If they just add L/K vs D/D and a CM Punk match, it could end up being a great show.

I thought I read somewhere the LK/DD match was most likely a go for Backlash...I'd be shocked if CM Punk wasn't tossed in there somewhere as well. They wouldn't blow the load on a match with RVD yet, would they? That's like the only money match I can think of for that brand right now.

I thought I read somewhere the LK/DD match was most likely a go for Backlash...I'd be shocked if CM Punk wasn't tossed in there somewhere as well. They wouldn't blow the load on a match with RVD yet, would they? That's like the only money match I can think of for that brand right now.

I'd say have Punk beat Dreamer in an extreme rules match. It develops the plot enough, and it does bury anyone.

What is this new heat between Mcmahon and Hogan that Meltzer is pushing in the WO? Is it the stuff to do with that diva copying Brooke?

From Gerweck.net

I live in Pittsburgh PA and was listening to the Mark Madden Radio show that

broadcasts everyday from 3- 7 p.m. on ESPN radio 1250. Today, one of his

guests was Stone Cold and he had some interesting things to say.

-Mark asked Austin if he can physically wrestle. Austin says yes, he can

physically wrestle but he is very well off and doesn't need the money. He

said he wants to be able to fish and hunt in the next 10-15 years without

any pain. Austin again said he has so much money that he has saved over the

years since he was huge back in the late 90's.

-Austin then goes on to say that he could come back right now and become the

top guy again in the company within 2 years. Then he mentions that he would

never go through that again however.

-Mark asked Austin how he liked the Battle of the Billionaires and Austin

replied that he Liked/disliked the match. 1st, Austin hated Ford Field.

Austin said that Ford Field was so big and cavernous that the sound went

straight to the roof instead of outwards. Austin and the other wrestlers

throughout the night couldn't tell if the fans were liking it or not. Austin

explained how he would judge the way his match was going by fan reaction and

assured the listeners that he never has choreographed a match before. 2nd,

Austin said he doesn't like being in the mid card despite the hype going

into the match. He would much rather be involved in the main event where he

said it is more fun.

-Mark asked him if he would come back then who would he like to work with.

Austin said he would love to have a program with Mr. Kennedy in about 3-4

years. Kennedy needs to get more time under his belt. Austin also said he

would love to battle HBK again but only if it is a very long series. Austin

said that he loves John Cena and all the hard work he does. Also, Austin

loves Finlay and his ability in the ring. Austin also threw love out to The

Rock.

-Mark asked about the movie and Austin said it is very different from

wrestling seeing as Austin never wrestled by a set pace and in the movies

everything was choreographed. Austin puts over Vinnie Jones and says he

would have been a hell of a heel in the WWE.

-Mark asked about a match against Hogan. Austin flat out said that he

doesn't like Hulk Hogan because of his off screen personality. Austin also

says that he would never wrestle him because their fighting styles are too

different and the match would never be close to a 5 star match.

-interview over-

I hope Austin never returns full time because he probably would be pushed as the top guy again. Also, with all the gimmick matches he has had, with Vince alone, I don't believe he has never had a match choreographed.

Austin has stated 1,000,000 times that he'll put anyone over if it makes sense and is good for business (aka makes money). The reason he didn't job to Brock is that he thought that Brock deserved way better than some throwaway match that was announced and made only for Raw. And honestly, he was right on that.

Guest robrabies
Austin has stated 1,000,000 times that he'll put anyone over if it makes sense and is good for business

You don't really believe that do you?

Austin has stated 1,000,000 times that he'll put anyone over if it makes sense and is good for business

You don't really believe that do you?

Yes.