TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

Kane...

Am I the only one who thinks Glen Jacobs should finally get run he deserves...He's the prime example of keep your mouth shut, do as you're told, and you'll stick around a while...From what I understand he's a good company man, respected in the locker room and even turned down the opportunity to end Taker's streak..I dont believe he plays politics like Shawn or Hunter..Could you imagine if Hunter had Kane's Career he'd kill himself by now....From Issac Yankem to "Diesel" to Kane he's been there a while more than paid his dues and what's his reward? 24 hour reign as Champ, 8 tag title reigns all with different partners and the real prize..the starring role in See No Evil(At least he got time off)...I guess Im a sucker for people who I know deserve more but dont expect it...What do you guys think?

"Am I the only one who thinks Glen Jacobs should finally get run he deserves..."

He's gotten more than enough pushes, some more than he deserved. He's an Undertaker spinoff, and even Taker has never been a top draw/main eventer. Taker's big runs at the top (1997 and 1999) both had others main eventing above him, with Hart Foundation/Austin and McMahon/Austin, respectively.

"...and even turned down the opportunity to end Taker's streak."

LOL, what?

"Could you imagine if Hunter had Kane's Career he'd kill himself by now."

Triple H is a better worker, can use the mic, and isn't typecast into one role.

"24 hour reign as Champ, 8 tag title reigns all with different partners"

Wrestling is fake. Money means the most. He's made a lot.

"...the starring role in See No Evil(At least he got time off)"

And money. And his own magazine special, which Cena isn't getting.

Kane needed to retire 2 years ago, IMO. He became worthless when the mask went away. And hasn't been interesting to me since early 2000 when he was working DX-leader World Champ HHH.

I thought he was supposed to retire soon?

That's what I heard...That's part of the reason I think he deserves a half way decent title reign or something...Is there anyone else ever who has gone from main event to mid card more than Kane who wasnt a headache backstage...

"Am I the only one who thinks Glen Jacobs should finally get run he deserves..."

He's gotten more than enough pushes, some more than he deserved. He's an Undertaker spinoff, and even Taker has never been a top draw/main eventer. Taker's big runs at the top (1997 and 1999) both had others main eventing above him, with Hart Foundation/Austin and McMahon/Austin, respectively.

"...and even turned down the opportunity to end Taker's streak."

LOL, what?

"Could you imagine if Hunter had Kane's Career he'd kill himself by now."

Triple H is a better worker, can use the mic, and isn't typecast into one role.

"24 hour reign as Champ, 8 tag title reigns all with different partners"

Wrestling is fake. Money means the most. He's made a lot.

"...the starring role in See No Evil(At least he got time off)"

And money. And his own magazine special, which Cena isn't getting.

Kane needed to retire 2 years ago, IMO. He became worthless when the mask went away. And hasn't been interesting to me since early 2000 when he was working DX-leader World Champ HHH.

It's True..Vince wanted Kane to Beat the Undertaker at Mania..Taker was cool with it...Kane refused. I know someone on the board can back me up on this one..

I started to lose a little interest in Kane after he lost his mask. I lost it completely after Shane McMahon pushed him into the fiery trashbin. Kane has run his course and he really has nothing fresh to offer right now unless they find some way to revive his character. And I really don't see that possible.

I started to lose a little interest in Kane after he lost his mask. I lost it completely after Shane McMahon pushed him into the fiery trashbin. Kane has run his course and he really has nothing fresh to offer right now unless they find some way to revive his character. And I really don't see that possible.

It's not so much a Kane thing as it is a Glen Jacobs thing...Mick Foley has no use either...But Foley has respect something that Jacobs doesnt..Mabye he should have been an asshole backstage...Probably wouldve ended up WCW though, Then he really woulve caught hell...

He's 13 months away from his own Decade of Destruction. For the love of God, somebody, please push this man!

...Kane has proved that he doesn't really need a promotional push as such to be over. His character has survived Katie Vick, and it looks like the Fake Kane fiasco will be switfy forgetten about too...

...oh, and about Kane being worthless with the mask - I would have agreed with you if you'd said that in 2002. But today it's ahrd to imagine Kane with the mask again. It sounds dodgy putting it this way - but his face is money.

He's 13 months away from his own Decade of Destruction. For the love of God, somebody, please push this man!

...Kane has proved that he doesn't really need a promotional push as such to be over. His character has survived Katie Vick, and it looks like the Fake Kane fiasco will be switfy forgetten about too...

...oh, and about Kane being worthless with the mask - I would have agreed with you if you'd said that in 2002. But today it's ahrd to imagine Kane with the mask again. It sounds dodgy putting it this way - but his face is money.

If you dont think Triple H plays Politics..How in the Hell did he survive this?

How long would the Kane character have lasted if their original choice to play the character, Dan Spivey, came out of retirement and didn't turn it down?

Guest Princess Leena

If you dont think Triple H plays Politics..How in the Hell did he survive this?

By being a main eventer 4 years before that, and the powers that be not being silly smarks like most of the people here.

I remember reading somewhere on the board that Taker offered Kane the oppurtunity to end his streak at his last WM or something, but I don't think it was 100% credible.

I've never actively hated Kane, but they really dropped the ball with him after his unmasking. He should have been booked as a monster destroying everyone in his path (especially Shane), winning the title from HHH, and then have Goldberg be the one to finally beat him. Just what I would've like to see though.

I remember reading somewhere on the board that Taker offered Kane the oppurtunity to end his streak at his last WM or something, but I don't think it was 100% credible.

I've never actively hated Kane, but they really dropped the ball with him after his unmasking. He should have been booked as a monster destroying everyone in his path (especially Shane), winning the title from HHH, and then have Goldberg be the one to finally beat him. Just what I would've like to see though.

Goldberg?!?!??!?!?!

Goldberg?!?!??!?!?!

Let's face it... the plan always was to put the title on Goldberg. What better way to put him over than to have him beat an "unstoppable" Kane?

I want Taker to turn Kane back into Masked Kane, the way he turned back into The Dead Man.

Have them have one final, epic battle to end both's careers.

At the WrestleMania after the one where Taker looses his streak to CM Punk. Yeah.

Kane is one of my all time favorite big men, I've liked him ever since I got into wrestling in '99. Solid, solid worker, sold well even with the mask, got stuck with stupid feud after stupid feud, and stills busts his tail. Here's the funny thing, though, after years behind that mask, right after he took it off, he had awesome, awesome facial expressions. I so wish he was on Smackdown so I could see him more often. Kane is, in my opinion, one of the most under rated wrestlers of the modern era, far better than he has any right to be. He deserves one decent run with one of the World belts before he retires. Keep Taker far, far away from him though. The only problem is all 3 brands have strong heel champs, and I don't know if he can get enough sympathy as a face to draw. I know he's best as the demonic smashing machine with seemingly inhuman endurance and strength....and I just can't see him working unless they have Cena beat Edge and then have Kane kill Cena, but I don't want to delve too far into potential fantasy booking

My idea was always to have Paul Bearer come back and inspire Kane to return to evil once again and then eventually bring him back to Smackdown to destroy The Undertaker.

I've always liked Kane, and agree that it seems he doesn't get the respect he seems to deserve. As far as him not getting pops anymore, when he came out on Monday to mess up Umaga, everyone in my family went crazy, including me.

The problem with Kane is that his character evolved so incredibly slowly. I mean, it took him, what? Seven years to lose the mask, if I'm not mistaken. That, and for about two years he was used as Eric Bischoff's personal errand boy and really did nothing else.

His ringwork has also regressed a bit from four or five years ago when he was busting out cool stuff like the Kanezigiri and the hurriKanerana, so no, I don't really think a run at the top would be a good thing at this point.

I think Kane is one of those guys who should probably retire or leave WWE soon to make way for the younger guys. There's still a few too many guys from the late '90s hanging around not doing much anymore.

I've always liked Kane's character, and I'd love to see him get a decent world title run. Glenn seems really down to earth, and I agree he's been really patient considering some of the crap WWE has given him(Especially Katie Vick). I'd love to see Kane move to Smackdown.

I've always liked Kane, and agree that it seems he doesn't get the respect he seems to deserve. As far as him not getting pops anymore, when he came out on Monday to mess up Umaga, everyone in my family went crazy, including me.

Kane's gotten one of the loudest pops of the night every show I've seen him at.

I don't think Kane will ever get a run on top. If they had any intention to put him in a main-event spot, they would have done it in 1998. Yeah, he had the belt once, but it was because of stupid Russo booking where they were put into a corner by having the "If I do not win the title, I will put myself on fire" stipulation at the King of the Ring. Just having a 1-day reign doesn't qualify as being a "real" champion.

Kane is stuck at the same place Jericho was before his program with Cena. He's been there since the Attiude era, so he still gets pops because he's a name and a character fans have known for a good period of time. However, he's been so buried and stucked under the glass ceiling when the right opportunity came that he's practically irrecuperable. If they went all the way with him the last time he was hot stuff (when he lost the mask in 2003) things might be different today. Unfortunately, all I see for him till he retires are the continuation of his yearly stupid storyline and J.R creaming his pants when he comes into Royal Rumbles.

I really thought that he would go somewhere after being unmasked, but then all he did was have a pointless feud with Shane McMahon (which no one wanted to see) and then became Bischoff's personal enforcer, which was totally lame.

Considering his ability, Glen Jacob's had an excellent run. He's one of the top ten most famous North American wrestlers of the last 10 years, and that's one hell of an achievement for someone who's not a great worker or promo.

And he's qualified to be a teacher too. Maybe he'll even go back to it after he retires. Can you imagine that classroom?

Yeah, let's poke fun at the seven-foot teacher.

I don't understand all the slams on Kane's working ability. The guy is six feet, seven friggin' inches tall. How many great workers can you name who are that damn big? Hell, how many workers can you name who are that big are big and better wrestlers than Kane?

I've always been a fan of the guy. The poor victim known as Glenn Jacobs has had his character assraped with the most ridiculous series of wrestlecrappy storylines in wrestling history. Seriously, this guy has been forced to be part of so many stupid, awful, disgusting angles that had anyone else been subject to it, the crowd would've been booing them out of the building long ago. But somehow he's not only not been destroyed by the worst booking in history, he's actually succeeded despite it. He's stayed over, always a popular character, and always somehow remains believeable as an "unstoppable monster" no matter how many jobs he does.