TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Man Who Sold The World

The Things That Anger You Thread.

With warm and humid weather here, I was reminded of a seasonal annoyance on my bus ride to work tonight - assholes who don't understand how air conditioning works. Would these morons think to crack every window in their house wide open while running their A/C? I would hope not, but they seem to think it's an awesome idea while they ride the bus.

I'm so sick and tired of NYC area folks who are SO GOD DAMN SNOTTY about calling pop soda. I've meet a few pepole at parties at SUNY schools and in rehab who are so fucking insistant that you must cal pop soda. When you're Upstate it's fucking POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone of those fucks tries to "correct" me again I'm going to punch them in there smug ass faces.

I'm so sick and tired of NYC area folks who are SO GOD DAMN SNOTTY about calling pop soda. I've meet a few pepole at parties at SUNY schools and in rehab who are so fucking insistant that you must cal pop soda. When you're Upstate it's fucking POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone of those fucks tries to "correct" me again I'm going to punch them in there smug ass faces.

Meanwhile, Yankees who head down South and continue to call it "pop" despite the fact that many people will have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Around there it's usually referred to by whatever brand name without any single accepted generic pronoun for it. Though just "coke" is often used to describe any generic brown cola, regardless of brand. There are plenty of examples of this, you can also confuse 'em by saying "standing on line" instead of "standing in line".

Because it counteracts the A/C by letting the cool air escape and the humid air in.

There's AC on buses?! No shit...dude...

Meanwhile, Yankees who head down South and continue to call it "pop" despite the fact that many people will have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Around there it's usually referred to by whatever brand name without any single accepted generic pronoun for it. Though just "coke" is often used to describe any generic brown cola, regardless of brand. There are plenty of examples of this, you can also confuse 'em by saying "standing on line" instead of "standing in line".

One of my friends moved to, I think, Tennessee or something, and he said that he asked for a Coke at a movie theater. They asked him which kind, and he said, "Coke." "...Yeah...you want Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, Pepsi?" "No...COKE." Apparently, it took the clerk three times before he finally realized my buddy meant Coca Cola. I had a chuckle.

Do iiiiiiit.

i hate pinching my back and not being able to move much, whilst also needing to help out my roomate as she is recovering from abdominal surgury... i don't want to run around bitching about a pinched back, when she has sixteen staples, three inches above her cooch.

yeah.

also, a driving related complaint... when you get up to the tolls, and the lines disappear, and people think that means DRIVE CRAZY AS FUCK~!!!

...i hate that.

Shit, I had a pinched nerve in my back. Shit resulted in two slipped discs somehow sooooo...ice that shit.

Another thing that I'm not to fond of are people at the gas station that leave their music blasting while they're pumping gas. Why? Why do that? So we ALL can enjoy the shit they're listening to?

Awesome.

Guest Epic Narcissism
there were Jesus freaks everywhere on coke

good stuff here.

People who decide it's ok to walk into on-coming traffic just because they're in a parking lot.

Yesterday I went to a pirate festival and the only parking was very minimal, I'm driving looking for a spot and this one girl (wearing a community college shirt) is walking through the parking lot, I go to turn left to look for parking and she just keeps walking right in front of my car. I press on my brakes and she says "don't you see me walking?". I was ready to tell her she wasn't smart enough for community college, but she wasn't the only person to do this. There were so many others who just kept walking right into the middle of cars looking for parking spaces. I know I pressed on my brakes a few times because people wouldn't stop walking when they were crossing to one side of the parking lot to the other.

Shit, I had a pinched nerve in my back. Shit resulted in two slipped discs somehow sooooo...ice that shit.

Another thing that I'm not to fond of are people at the gas station that leave their music blasting while they're pumping gas. Why? Why do that? So we ALL can enjoy the shit they're listening to?

Awesome.

IcyHot works wonders as well.

In a related annoyance to people who BLARE their horrible music. When I worked for Gamecrazy there was a mexican resturant about a minute walk away in the same plaza and one of their workers would FUCKING BLAST his horrible music when he got off work at 10 o'clock at night.

He'd get in his suped up truck, turn on these blue lights that he had installed under his car, and just blast his fucking stereo as loud as he possibly could. There were nights where he had to return a video or something to Hollywood video and he would actually drive to Hollywood video from the mexican resturant that's a actual minute walk, park his truck and leave it running and radio blasting as loud as he could, return whatever he was returning and get back and speed off. Then once he left the parking lot, he turned his radio the hell down.

He pretty much did this shit 5 nights a week.

Did he screech his tires on the way out of the parking lot too? I hate that. And if he drove by someone he probably stared at them like "Yeah bitch, I'm cool. You're walking and here I am in a big truck with loud music. Know your place."

I too am from Upstate and we never call it pop. I've might have when I was a kid, but then I turned 11.

Did he screech his tires on the way out of the parking lot too? I hate that. And if he drove by someone he probably stared at them like "Yeah bitch, I'm cool. You're walking and here I am in a big truck with loud music. Know your place."

Sometimes he would, though the best part of it all is that he would do all that stuff between 10 and 11 at night, when the shopping center was basically empty because everything was closed so there was basically no one that he could try to show off to except people left at Hollywood Video and whoever was closing at Gamecrazy.

I too am from Upstate and we never call it pop. I've might have when I was a kid, but then I turned 11.

It's Pop in Utah and Idaho, if anyone cares.

I've had a similar experience with the Coke being all inclusive when I was traveling through Tennessee, but it was like that in Brazil (Guarana is a fruit soda, but also used as a generic blanket for all sodas) so I just responded I wanted Coca Cola when they asked what kind of Coke.

It's Pop in Utah and Idaho, if anyone cares.

I've had a similar experience with the Coke being all inclusive when I was traveling through Tennessee, but it was like that in Brazil (Guarana is a fruit soda, but also used as a generic blanket for all sodas) so I just responded I wanted Coca Cola when they asked what kind of Coke.

it's always been pop here in Michigan

I should have quailified Western New York instead of Upstate:

popvssodamap.png

In a broad way, the Mormon religion annoys me... sort of... but all the Mormons I've known have been great people.

I went through the whole pop is soda thing when I moved to St. Louis. Mofuckers didn't know what pop was. Everywhere else I've lived it's always been pop, and not soda. Except Pittsburgh, and nobody I know that lives there is actually from Pittsburgh, so it was called different things by different people.

I also got shit for saying shopping buggy and not shopping cart when I moved to St. Louis.

i never realized using "wicked" as a modifier was a New England thing, until i lived in Chattenooga for seven months.

Guest Jesus Freaks on Coke

Tell me, Scroty, why were you at a pirate festival?

Pirate festivals can be fun. I think Ventura had one a few years back, and that was a blast. They had a pirate ship lurking about 2 miles out of the harbor, buncha hot chicks dressed as pirates...um...a pirate ship lurking about two miles out...

Yeah, that was pretty much it, actually. I guess the beer was fairly cheap, but since I was the DD, I didn't get to partake.

Which brings me to my next point: Being the DD because everyone else is already too drunk to drive irks me. That shit happened on my 21st birthday. I got home from school, and my roommates were like, "YEAH! You're 21! We're drunk! You're gonna have to drive!"

Dammit.

Tell me, Scroty, why were you at a pirate festival?

I wanted to check it out since I didn't go to the first one last year. It wasn't bad, there were a lot of people dressed up in Pirate garb, and there was a ship going back and forth in the bay "shooting" it's cannons off. My only complaint about the festival is that it was pretty much all clothing booths and everything was very fucking expensive. If you weren't prepared to spend at least 100 dollars, you weren't going to do or get very much at the festival.