TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

PlayStation 3

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Yeah, but the PS2's price was a much more mass-market acceptable $299 to start, and it was absolutely destroying the competition in sales. I doubt it'll be that long before PS3 drops, especially if sales start to drop.

If I had to bet, I'd probably bet the first drop will come around Winter 2007.

The Xbox 360 hasn't had great sales, and it's been out for one month short of a full year. There's no price cuts coming up soon for that, not for this Christmas anyways, maybe Summer 2007. I think a PS3 price drop also depends on how soon a price drop comes for the 360. For reference, the original Xbox had a launch price of $299, and had a $100 price drop after just six months. GameCube launched at $199, and a $50 price drop, also after just six months.

Again.

Again.

I'm not spending $800 to play metal gear, or shadows of more colossuses, or much else. Thats two months rent.

I can understand. I really want a PS3. But it's a lot of money to spend on it, and I'd probably get bored with it in six months. I would need some really solid games for it to keep my interest.

These are the purported rules for people who will be selling their PS3's via eBay:

1. I must have a Feedback of 50 or more.

2. My Feedback score must be 98% or above.

3. I may only list one system. I may list 1 PlayStation 3 and 1 Nintendo Wii with a photo of my pre-order receipt for each system.

4. I must accept PayPal as my only payment option.

5. I must include a photo of my receipt in the listing.

6. No Buy It Now will be allowed.

7. No one day listings will be allowed.

The PayPal rule should help guys like me out. With the auctions out now, I could still pick up the premium bundle for $800+ and wait until the week of launch to re-sell or keep my system.

"At Gamer's Day 06, Sony revealed that the PS3 will not be packaged with component or HDMI cables. The official HDMI cable will retail for $50.00. Other HDMI cables will also be compatible."

So wait a minute, PS3 is just using a standard HDMI -> HDMI cable, and won't require a silly PS3-exclusive HDMI cable? Hot damn. Now I won't have to shell out $30 or $50 for a PS3-exclusive component or HDMI cable.

Fuck, my feedback is only 24. And this one douche gave me a negative feedback, when I was the buyer. It was some tickets to a football game I was getting for my brother and I thought the game was in New England. But it was in Buffalo. I asked if I could get a refund, but he said no so I told him off. I gave him neutral feedback so he gave me negative feedback.

Oh well, like I was going to get my hands on one anyway.

There is that thing called craigslist. I am sure a lot of people will be using that too. And I don't think they can stop them because isn't craigslist just the classifieds?

Guest Princess Leena

There's many other sites, and newspapers, or whatever. But, going that route can easily get you screwed. Whereas EBay is very pro-buyer.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154684

Day One Downloads For PS3 In Japan Revealed

Demos and PSOne games available from the get-go.

by Dan Dormer, 10/26/2006

24 of 24 users recommend this story.

Sony of Japan issued a press release today to inform Japanese consumers what would be downloadable off of their online network the day of the PS3 launch.

In an attempt to offer up a service similar to that of Microsoft's Xbox Live, Sony will have both demos and downloadable games for preview/purchase on launch day (in Japan). Interested consumers will be able to check out demos for: Blast Factor,flOw,Lemmings 2, Kazuo, Puzzle, Mainichi Issho, and Ridge Race 7. PSOne games available from the star will be: Resident Evil Director's Cut, Konami Antics MSX Collection Vol. 1, Konami Antics MSX Vol. 2, Bishi Bashi Special, Arc the Lad, Jumping Flash!, Everybody's Golf 2, Silent Bomber, Tekken 2, and Mr. Driller. The statement also stated that there should be 10 new titles every month, and that the firmware currently doesn't exist in the PS3 to play PSOne games, so you'll be playing those PSOne games on your PSP for the time being.

There's no official word yet on whether or not Sony will be offering up the same games and demos for North America's launch. However, it makes sense that there would be some overlap, and possibly more PSOne titles geared toward the American audience as well.

SILENT BOMBER!! JUMPING FLASH!!! SOME OTHER GAMES!!!

I think everybody knows I love Jumping Flash, but Silent Bomber is fantastic too. Terrific original gameplay, pretty good graphics for the same, cool music, spot on control, and hilariously awful dialogue.

If you can't find a PS1 copy, totally download it if you get a chance.

So the controller looks the same as the PS1 and PS2.

Unless your five, the controller is way too small for any adult to use. Its very cramped, and they've never fixed where the analog stick should be.

the controller size of the dual shock was perfectly fine to me. and for millions of other people.

But I agree they should have adjusted the analog stick position. I think they should have pulled a 360 and put the stick as the "main" thing with the dpad below.

Remember though, this was kind of a hasty replacement for the boomerang controller.

Speaking of which, did we ever get to see the back of the boomerang? Assuming it's got an inward curve like the dualshock/sixaxis, I think that could have been a good controller.

btw, the 20GB version looks better. The silver on 80 looks a bit tacky.

I still personallly don't think Sony will win this sales race. the 499 model might sell, but I think they are producing alot more of the 699 models, right? Thats going to hurt them. And incorporating a blu-ray drive was just plain stupid. It drove up cost when there didn't have to be. Should have made it a separte component like the drive with the 360.

All the people talking of MORE POWER, seriously, there is only so much you can possibly do. I stress this all the time when it comes to video games. Don't believe all the hype when people say something has 36 bagillian gighertz of power. it means jack shit to people that make the games. So you get some more polys and some slightly higher resolution textures. But the difference between the Ps3 and the 360 is going to be quite minimal when it is all said and done.

I still personallly don't think Sony will win this sales race. the 499 model might sell, but I think they are producing alot more of the 699 models, right? Thats going to hurt them.

The premium is $599, but supposedly it's one core for every 4 premiums, unless that's changed.

The 60gb is extremely popular on ebay right now, and the prices will get higher after the release date. That's the only reason I will be trying to get one, and then with the extra I make, get a 20gb for myself, when I get the chance.

Unless your five, the controller is way too small for any adult to use. Its very cramped, and they've never fixed where the analog stick should be.

Nooo. The size is good. Small is good. I never want dpad to be replaced as the main controls either. No innovation or change, the status quo can continue.

I'm now leaning towards getting a PS3 at launch. I just can't decide!

Guest Princess Leena

What's wrong with the Dual Shock's D-pad?

It's by far the best controller I can use on my PC.