TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Kevin Nash re-signs with TNA

--If you are wondering exactly how long forever is--I think it means seven weeks. Kevin Nash has agreed to a new deal and will be returning to TNA imminently. At this point you've got to love him.

From Meltzer.

*insert joke here*

Guest Princess Leena

Awesome. :)

Hate Big Kev all you want for being a useless slug in the ring, he's a fine comedian.

Guest Princess Leena

Yeah, just don't give Big Kev any sort of significant push, and he's fine by me.

Oh no, the DX vs nWo fued won't happen now!

I wouldnt be surprised if thats why TNA signed him again. Someone heard the rumors, thought they could burn WWE again, and Nash played them (again) for some cash.

The fucked up thing is that they accidentally found the right way to use Nash the last time.

Not with the Nash vs. the X division storyline...

But putting Alex Shelley with him.

Shelley has lost all of his steam since Nash left...They should dump Devine and have vignettes of Nash (who is an undefeated X division superstar) training Shelley on his quest to become X division champion.

Hilarity.

I can already see those skits with Shelley working out in a old boxing ring with Nash laying down in a lawn chair getting a neck massage as he chomps on a cigar and hurls out motivational cliches and Shelley running his ass off on a backroad with Nash strolling along in his Hummer barking commands. Then Nash "attempts" to work out but the camera never shows it but it always comes back with Nash drenched in sweat and doubled over and Nash deadpans "Hard work makes champions".

It really wasn't a surprise that he got Shelley over so well in their partnership because Nash was great as the "coach" to the NBT in WCW.

Keep him out of matches aside from the rare tag match and keep with Shelley skits and he's worth the money.

I am 100% positive that Kevin Nash could convince me to sign my first born son over to him and I would think I got the best out of the deal.

He's like the most charismatic carnie you'll ever meet.

So both Vince Russo and Kevin Nash is back....intresting.

I bet that match is a ***** classic in the making! ...and for some reason, I can say that with a smile and be serious.

Must be because Kevin Nash could probably sell it to us that is was one and we'd believe it.

I just watched his match with Sabin from Slammiversary and am all for him coming back. If only he'll squash the X-Division some more.

"TNA signed Kevin Nash to a new deal in the last several days. I am told there are no plans for Nash to wrestle in the immediate future, if at all, and he'll likely end up working as an antagonist for the X-Division again in a advisor role for Alex Shelley to help build Shelley's star.

TNA is already promoting Nash will have a "major announcement" regarding the Bound for Glory PPV on next week's Impact, which will be taped this Monday in Orlando, Florida. "

-PWInsider

That makes me like it.

Shelley needs Nash to seperate himself from the pack. Shelley might be great...but having Nash in his corner gets him screen time and a push.

I bet Nash is spoofing the whole "major announcement" thing that TNA is so fond of doing. As in his big announcement will be "I'm back" or something goofy. Of course he'll say it in the same tone he did when he said the immortal "I'm going, bye."

Here's Keller's take:

We'll likely see how Vince Russo ties a ribbon around the X Division storyline, although it's also possible Nash will work out his own storyline since it was started pre-Russo. A lot of people felt let down by Nash when he didn't participate in a final chapter of the storyline where an X Division wrestler beat him, but by signing with TNA and not going to WWE for an NWO reunion (which, by all accounts, was something talked by all parties about but never seriously close to reality), he has no reason not to "do the right thing" and put over Sabin or the X Division in general. Since he has mocked and demeaned them, it's vital as a heel that in the end he get shown up. He has expressed interest in playing a bodyguard type role for Alex Shelley, as he did for Shawn Michaels over a dozen years ago, and that would be a good fit for him since nobody in TNA is fooling themselves about him wrestling a full-fledged schedule of matches at this point in his career. He and Shelley had great chemistry. Not that it had anything to do with it, but Dixie Carter may be looking at him (and Team 3D) as two missing elements during the ratings slide, and may have wanted to bring him back in part to see if he can be part of a spark even before moving to prime time next month.

I loved the Nash/Shelley combo (and thought Devine was in the way, basically leeching off the heat), but I'd love to see Nash coach Shelley to the X-Title (or even him and Devine to the tag titles). Either way, let the Peanut Butter Shelley push continue!

I really enjoyed him with Shelley.

I hope thats what this means. Papparazzi back to the top of the world.

Keep him in that managers role and good times.

I would rather watch Papparzzi instead of Jackass comedy skits. To bad inorder for one person to get over the other must look like shit. DAMN YOU RUSSO!

Oh no, the DX vs nWo fued won't happen now!

I wouldnt be surprised if thats why TNA signed him again. Someone heard the rumors, thought they could burn WWE again, and Nash played them (again) for some cash.

Hall & Nash vs James Gang!!!!!!11111101010101olol at B4G2!

A lot of people felt let down by Nash when he didn't participate in a final chapter of the storyline where an X Division wrestler beat him, but by signing with TNA and not going to WWE for an NWO reunion, he has no reason not to "do the right thing" and put over Sabin or the X Division in general.

When has "having no reason" to not do the right thing ever stopped Big Lazy from not doing the right thing before?

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Nash isn't lazy, he does everything in his power to get what he wants. Calling him "Big Lazy" is pretty lame.