TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Discussion Forumtable

Did you guys see the short piece on Vick on Sports Center?

He was at an event and the reporter was asking him about the case and so on. During the entire piece Vick defends himself, claiming his innocence, and saying the fans still support “Mike Vick”.

So finally the reporter asks him does he think he’ll be exonerated. Vick pauses for a second or two then said “no comment.”

I immediately laughed because it dawned on me that the idiot probably doesn’t know what exonerate means. I think this because he was defending himself up until that point so a simple “yes” would have fallen in line with the rest of his comments. But he simply didn’t know what it meant so he went with “no comment” to try and save face.

I bet as soon as he got out of eyesight from the media he pulled one of the members of his entourage to the side and asked them what the hell does exonerate mean.

Keyshawn retires

I'm not much of a Keyshawn fan but I think it's sad how his career ended. He had 70 rec, 815 yds, and 4 TD's last year which isn't too bad. He did turn down the Titans but no contenders seemed to want him. I guess that's what happens when you get old. Now it's time to size up his HOF chances. I think he ends up falling short, mainly because there's a few guys in his own draft class that rank ahead of him.

Judging by his comments a couple weeks ago where he said that $2.5 mil wasn't enough and that he wanted a long term WR deal, I think he priced himself out more than no one wanting him. If he was willing to go on a one year deal for between 1-2 mil I can't imagine no contender biting on it.

Did you guys see the short piece on Vick on Sports Center?

He was at an event and the reporter was asking him about the case and so on. During the entire piece Vick defends himself, claiming his innocence, and saying the fans still support “Mike Vick”.

So finally the reporter asks him does he think he’ll be exonerated. Vick pauses for a second or two then said “no comment.”

I immediately laughed because it dawned on me that the idiot probably doesn’t know what exonerate means. I think this because he was defending himself up until that point so a simple “yes” would have fallen in line with the rest of his comments. But he simply didn’t know what it meant so he went with “no comment” to try and save face.

I bet as soon as he got out of eyesight from the media he pulled one of the members of his entourage to the side and asked them what the hell does exonerate mean.

Because anything involving the case he says no comment. The reporter asked him if he still had support, he never claimed his innocence. He didn't say anything about the case.

Its called good coaching by a lawyer.

I agree with Ripper on this one. If Vick said "Yes, I will be exonerated" then they find him guilty of it, he would look even more of a tool. With the "no comment", he comes out of it looking exactly like what he is, a guy who is being investigated and doesn't know what will happen to him.

I still don't think that he knew what it meant. Even though it is the right thing to say.

You just had to see the look on his face when he was asked that. He looked like one of those kids that got asked a math question that they had no idea how to answer.

NFL Network is going to continue their "NFL Classics" series into June with four more games although again the term "classic" is used loosely as all of the games for June are within the last six years.

June 7th: Oakland at New England, 1/19/02, AFC Divisional Playoff

June 14th: New England at Indianapolis, 1/21/07, AFC Championship

June 21st: Seattle at Green Bay, 1/4/04, NFC Wild Card

June 28th: N.Y. Giants at San Francisco, 1/5/03, NFC Wild Card

The Dolphins/Jets MNF game from 2000 is on right now and a week from tonight will be the Bills 32 point comeback against the Oilers.

It'd be nice to see the Snow Bowl again so I can count how many times the Raiders could have put the game away before and after the Tuck and prevent the endless bitching from their fans about it.

It'd be nice to see the Snow Bowl again so I can count how many times the Raiders could have put the game away before and after the Tuck and prevent the endless bitching from their fans about it.

Like that changes the fact the Tuck call was a botched one.

1) It was the right interpretation of a dumb and vague rule.

2) If Vinatieri's tying FG is two yards longer, it doesn't go through. Oakland only needed to hold them back TWO measly yards and nobody would remember it as "The Tuck Game".

NFL Network is going to continue their "NFL Classics" series into June with four more games although again the term "classic" is used loosely as all of the games for June are within the last six years.

June 7th: Oakland at New England, 1/19/02, AFC Divisional Playoff

June 14th: New England at Indianapolis, 1/21/07, AFC Championship

June 21st: Seattle at Green Bay, 1/4/04, NFC Wild Card

June 28th: N.Y. Giants at San Francisco, 1/5/03, NFC Wild Card

The Dolphins/Jets MNF game from 2000 is on right now and a week from tonight will be the Oilers 32 point choke job against the Bills.

QFT by an Oilers fan who blew off the 2nd half to play Tecmo Bowl, only to return to see the Oilers lose.

he died a hero. Can't really say anything else as I'm in shock right now.

RIP Hill.

Neither Hill nor the woman wore a life preserver, Atkeson said. According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Hill's death was the second on Lake Pontchartrain over the holiday weekend. A man died Sunday afternoon after diving into the water from a boat to rescue his wife from a stalled personal watercraft, but he never reached her, the Mandeville Sheriff's Office reported. The man also was not wearing a flotation device, investigators told the Times-Picayune.

He died an idiot

he could have easily chose to save himself and let her drown. The fact he chose her well being before his own makes him a hero in my book.

Lifejackets also don't mean you automatically survive. I can't tell you the amount of news stories over the years around New England where people wore their lifejacket and still died. Sure, you have a better chance but its not a "Get Out of Drowning Free" card. A strong current can still toss you about and send you under.

Guest George's Box

Tank Johnson was suspended for six to eight games, which I think is a great idea because after being suspended by the Bears and being sentenced to 60 days in Cook County Jail, he really hasn't gotten the punishment he deserves, so hats off, Rodge.

He needs to be consistant though. Right now it looks like he is handing out suspensions with the help of a magic 8 ball.

Guest Vitamin X

So what's Miami planning to do with Culpepper? And will Green really be that much of an improvement considering their o-line and the state of the offense in general?

Chiefs finally trade Trent Green to the Dolphins the a 5th round pick in the 2008 draft.

Well, considering they were bickering over whether it would be a 4th rounder or a 6th rounder, a 5th seemed to be the only logical way this thing would end. It'll be interesting to see how both teams fare, especially the Chiefs who snuck into the playoffs last year.

Chiefs finally trade Trent Green to the Dolphins the a 5th round pick in the 2008 draft.

Well, considering they were bickering over whether it would be a 4th rounder or a 6th rounder, a 5th seemed to be the only logical way this thing would end. It'll be interesting to see how both teams fare, especially the Chiefs who snuck into the playoffs last year.

I predict both teams will suck this season.

Both are fairly old across the board and getting older, with KC's line being a shadow of its former self without G Will Shields, coming a year after T Willie Roaf called it quits.

KC has the most talent of the two teams, but Larry Johnson is primed for a breakdown after playing the workhorse back last year and getting an insane amount of touches.

(Anyone who gets 400+ touches in a season tends to break down and get injured the next year. If that happens to LJ, then it's a case of Herm Edwards doing it twice in the space of about 4 years, to LJ and to Curtis Martin.)

Predicted records-

KC will go 7-9 thanks to some favorable matchups. (They should beat Houston, Minnesota, Green Bay, Detroit, Tennessee, and Oakland twice.)

Miami will go 5-11. (They can beat Houston, Oakland, Cleveland, and Buffalo twice. Asking for wins over the Pats, Jets, Ravens, Bengals, etc. is just too much.)

Guest Vitamin X
KC will go 7-9 thanks to some favorable matchups. (They should beat Houston, Minnesota, Green Bay, Detroit, Tennessee, and Oakland twice.)

I'll give you Houston, Detroit, and Oakland, but all the other games you mention here are far from gimmes.