TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Discussion Forumtable

I doubt the NYG do better than 2-3 over the home stretch.

Dallas, Carolina, and New Orleans will likely beat them, while Washington and Philly are unknowns right now.

(Washington was able to beat Carolina last week, while Philly is having their traditional "We don't know WTF to do without McNabb" snit on both sides of the ball.)

The three I mentioned as sure-thing losses are teams that have superb passing games and lots of speed at WR.

Combine that with a depleted DB corps and you'll see Romo, Brees, and Delhomme put up 300+ yards each.

(That's not a stretch for Romo or Brees right about now, but Delhomme played like shit against the Redskins on Sunday)

In the NFC which teams are going to get the first round bye? Chicago might not be a lock especially seeing how Grossman is becoming very average.

You know I think the Giants will be ok injury wise if they make the playoffs. All the innjuries occured wayyyy late last year so they were fucked for the playoffs, but if they make it everyone on D will be healthy by then.

In the NFC which teams are going to get the first round bye? Chicago might not be a lock especially seeing how Grossman is becoming very average.

Chicago will probably pull out a first-round bye because their last five opponents are so pathetic.

The race for the other berth will be determined by the Cowboys-Saints game in a few weeks, as I don't think that Seattle will be able to pull it off.

The Seahawks still have to play the Chargers and Broncos. The other three games are against the Bucs, 49ers, and Cardinals. I'm predicting a 3-2 finish, possibly 2-3 if the 49ers pull off the upset again.

The Saints have to play the 49ers, Giants, Cowboys, Panthers, and Redskins. They should probably go 3-2, as they should beat the 49ers, Redskins, and Giants. They have the ability to go 5-0, but it requires shutting down Romo as well as Steve Smith.

The Cowboys have to play the Giants, Saints, Eagles, Falcons, and Lions. That should be an easy 4-1, if not 5-0, given that four of these five teams are skidding towards rock bottom.

Chicago will probably pull out a first-round bye because their last five opponents are so pathetic.

What he said. Also I think Dallas will get the other bye. Who gets homefield, I do not know.

BTW-

The Bears have to play the Vikings, Rams, Bucs, Lions, and Packers.

They'll beat the Bucs and Lions easily.

The Rams will be dead in the water since they don't have Orlando Pace blocking.

The Vikings and Packers COULD pull off wins, but a 12-4 Bears team with only two NFC losses would likely retain a first-round bye.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I still think the Giants will make the playoffs, only to roll over and die against Seattle. Even if they finish 8-8, that's still good enough to make the wildcard.

There's Chicago, New Orleans, Seattle, and Dallas, who are all basically in already. Chicago and probably Dallas will get the byes, but the wildcard is a crap shoot. At least one team will get in at 8-8, whether it's New York or Carolina. Maybe even both. 2-3 is a real possibility for the last five games of the season for both teams. The Rams have a real shot at 8-8, too. I'll refrain from predictions at this point, since every wildcard team has severely glaring weaknesses.

Anyone else on here seen the list of salaries each NFL team is paying this year?

No WONDER the Atlanta owner is pissed right about now, as he's paying Michael Vick $20 million this year and the team as a whole $110 million (tops in the league) to look like a bunch of bush-leaguers.

Guest Felonies!

Nobody expects any football wisdom out of me, so ah, what the hell:

Falcons won't go anywhere with Vick, so unload him and his gimmick shit; they can try again with a real quarterback.

Falcons won't go anywhere with Vick, so unload him and his gimmick shit; they can try again with a real quarterback.

How about finding some real receivers who can catch the ball or buy the Denver Broncos O-line and assistant coaches or buy some blocking full backs like Lorenzo Neal, Tony Richardson, Kleinsasser for Michael Vick.

The Raiders needs a strong armed and ACCURATE QB to head up their vertical attack that they are known for. Vick doesn't fit in that.

Since when do the Raiders put actual thought into signing people?

How about finding some real receivers who can catch the ball or buy the Denver Broncos O-line and assistant coaches or buy some blocking full backs like Lorenzo Neal, Tony Richardson, Kleinsasser for Michael Vick.

The Falcons have put approximately 15 different receivers around Vick over the past 6 years and only Alge Crumper has worked out.

That tells me that the problem is more likely with Vick than with any of his receivers.

Take a look at Vick's cousin Aaron Brooks as an example.

He had Joe Horn, Devery Henderson, and Donte Stallworth as his top three WRs last year and couldn't do shit.

Brees has come into town with pretty much the same set of receivers and is putting up some of the best passing numbers in the league.

(Horn and Henderson are still there, while Marques Holston replaced Stallworth, who went on to be Donovan McNabb's #1 receiver when healthy.)

The main difference has to do with mental ability, as Brees is capable of reading the field and properly timing passes to the right receivers.

Brooks, OTOH, was athletic but slow to pass and would consequently get sacked for a HUGE loss, fumble while passing, or throw an INT.

I'll bet that Matt Schaub can come in with the current set of Falcons recievers and linemen and do much better within three weeks once they all get on the same page.

However, we'll probably not see this because Vick is getting paid so much money that the coaches feel they have no choice BUT to play him no matter how much he sucks at throwing the ball.

Guest Felonies!

Do running quarterbacks really work out in the pros? It seems like something that only works in small doses rather than the backbone of an offensive strategy.

Guest Princess Leena

Fran Tarkenton and Randa... sorry, Randy Cunningham had quite successful careers.

Do running quarterbacks really work out in the pros? It seems like something that only works in small doses rather than the backbone of an offensive strategy.

It works providing you can pass first and then run. You would be much better of with a "mobile" QB that can scrable for 5 yards if needed as the last option, not the 2nd.

Even Vick has never been a run-first QB in the pros.

I don't think anyone said he is. However, from the games I've watched he doesn't check all his options all the time before taking off.

Guest Felonies!
Fran Tarkenton and Randa... sorry, Randy Cunningham had quite successful careers.

I'll give you Cunningham, but I assume that the game has changed since Tarkenton.

Guest Princess Leena

I'll give you Cunningham, but I assume that the game has changed since Tarkenton.

If anything, it was harder in Tarkenton's day since they didn't have the pussy "touch the QB above the crotch, 15 yard penalty" rules. Plus, it was harder to have a successful passing games since defenders could bump receivers more.

And Cunningham was actually at his most proficient when he was doing the passing thing with Minnesota.

Then again, anyone could QB that Vikings offense.

Guest Princess Leena
Yeah, Tarkenton's scrambling was always behind the LOS, to buy time to find an open receiver. He wasn't running the football.

That's why he's still one of the top 5 rushing QB's.

Steve Young would be another example.

I have come to the conclusion that people that still claim vick is a horrible QB never watches falcons games.

Once again. VICK hasn't had a good year under Mora. His recievers worked fine in 2002.

Brian Finneran has been just find under vick.

Trevor fucking Gaylor performed better than this set of recievers. To say that NO recievers have worked under vick is just plain lying. A group of no names worked well. Then they went to the draft and peerless price and nothingness.

Nothing changes the fact that at least 3 scores were left on the field Sunday against the Saints due to dropped passes.

Nothing changes the fact that at least 2 scores were left on the field against the browns because of dropped passes.

Another 2 in detroit.

Drops happen in the NFL but that falcons recivers are doing it at a rate I have never seen. I also understand the ball spins the other way with a left hand QB and that takes some getting used to, but its been a while now. they have to do what they are supposed to do. Catch the damn ball.

And sure, take VIck from behind the line and put a less athletic QB back there. I am sure that will work out, because the line does a incredible job of protecting Vick.. He has been sacked 32 times this year. 32.

The two games he didn't have many hurries and barely got touched...he happend to put up those great numbers that had everyone overrating him again.

Some dude on Quite Frankly last night said that the blame for Vick's struggles should lie on the scouting department for not finding the right receivers to play with him. I tend to agree with that.