TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Discussion Forumtable

Ripper, if Vick were white would you defend him so vehemetly? Seriously.

I defended Chris Chandler the same way when people were blaming him for the team losing when he was being perfectly efficient.

If a white poster with a fucking falcons flag flying along with a Hawks flag in their sig and being from atlanta had defended vick the same way, would you have asked. Seroiusly?

But it's true though.

Everyone likes to put the blame on Vick, regardless of race or color. It's not his fault his best recieving threat is a TE, and even in my opinion he's not as good as people think he is.

Vick in a West Coast Offense is just stupid. He looked so much better under Dan Reeves(who got fucked over big time by the Falcons organization).

Put Vick in Denver under Shanahan's system, he would be tearing it up IMO.

Vick gets sacked a lot because he's always running around in the backfield.

Thats not true at all. The team needs to get real offensive linemen instead of small quick guys that go in that fucking zone blocking/cut blocking crap. Yeah, its cute on running plays, but it sucks in short yardage and passing because they can't keep anyone contained. Vick runs around in the backfield because he is running away from defenders who are pusing the offensive line 3-4 yards back on every play.

I defended Chris Chandler the same way when people were blaming him for the team losing when he was being perfectly efficient.

If a white poster with a fucking falcons flag flying along with a Hawks flag in their sig and being from atlanta had defended vick the same way, would you have asked. Seroiusly?

Just wanted to make sure you were just being a fan boy of the team and not a color. You just aren't very open minded to the criticsm of Vick. And it's hard to tell if you though it was just use "honkeys not liking that darkie playing a white position".

Just wanted to make sure you were just being a fan boy of the team and not a color. You just aren't very open minded to the criticsm of Vick. And it's hard to tell if you though it was just use "honkeys not liking that darkie playing a white position".

I understand why you would think that. I say it so often.

And I am very open minded when it comes to his critisim. Just critisize the right thing. LIke how he hates to audible at the line so he barely does it. Or how he carelessly carries the ball, or how he still hasn't learned to slide in all these years or how he doesn't throw the ball away quickly enough sometimes and tries to rely on his athletism to allow him to still make a play (and it often does, but you should never loose 12 yards on a sack like sunday.) You want to critisize him go ahead, but he gets bashed for stuff that isn't his fault and that is the stuff I take to task.

Guest Vitamin X

Y'know, seeing as how Green Bay has acquired Atlanta's former offensive line coach and we've improved our offense, especially the line, by leaps and bounds over last season, I wouldn't blame the zone blocking scheme. We've had three different running backs hit the 100 yard mark this year, having done so with two different ones in the same game earlier this year, which is a rarity for a Favre-led Packers squad. Having big fat guys on the o-line for Vick would only work against him, since he needs guys who can move around and block when he goes into open space a lot more.

The problem is with Vick, not with his receivers. All his receivers have come into Atlanta and out of Atlanta doing much better when they're not playing with Vick. I've watched plenty of Falcons games. Vick is a winner when he's running the ball effectively, not when he's passing it effectively. Often times, that does work, but lately it's not been working as well as it used to. I remember, being a Packers fan and being afraid as all hell of Vick running wild on our defense like in Lambeau in 2002, or like Culpepper and McNabb have done. But all three scramblers, except for Vick, have been smarter and gone away from that, and improved their passing numbers as well as their team's record.

I think it would be better for the Falcons to just cut their ties with Vick and let him get a change of scenery, see if his style can work in the NFL elsewhere.

Also, I was going to point out (although someone else had done this already) that Vick has all those sacks because he spends more time running around back there buying time and not knowing where to throw the ball than because his o-line isn't blocking for him. He's getting sacked for Rob Johnson reasons, not David Carr reasons. I believe he's one of the most oft-sacked QB's in the league since his arrival, as a matter of fact.

Guest Princess Leena

You be careful when comparing Vick to that player I will not mention by name. Vick's nowhere near that bad. Usually he's just trying too hard to make a play because dancing around. The other one just didn't know what he was doing.

Actually, Rob Johnson just didn't like having a shitty completion percentage. I remember watching plenty of his games where he'd just take the sack and risk getting injured, instead of throwing the damn ball away.

The one thing that's wrong with Vick, is that he gets in that tendency where if the #1 guy isn't open, then he should take off running. Fuck, Vince Young hasn't even been doing that so much since coming into the NFL... in his rookie year.

Losman?

Rob Johnson

all of us Bills fans wanted to see that man dead...

BRING BACK DOUG FLUTIE!!! FLUTIE FLAKES FOR EVERYONE!!!

reminds me of my tendancy in Madden games to ALWAYS throw to the guy that the play is designed for!

Look for the other options dammit!

in Madden 06, I had Lee Evans with over 2000 yards receiving in a season, 40 TDs or something like that...the other receivers were not happy with that.

story.limbaugh.bn.jpg

This season alone you can see that the running qb concept has run its course. Premier QB's like Donovan McNabb and Dante Culpepper have been put on the shelf again after years of getting tackled while running for 1st downs. Michael Vick take note look at your future do you really want to be the next McNair having countless injuries from bruised chest to torn quads because you refused to throw the ball away when Algae Crumbler was double covered?

Which records will be broken this year?

LT for tds in a season?

Brett Favre for touchdown passes in a career?

Brett Favre for interceptions in a career?

Which records will be broken this year?

LT for tds in a season?

Brett Favre for touchdown passes in a career?

Brett Favre for interceptions in a career?

I'll go with #1 and #3.

I'll also go with Drew Brees breaking Dan Marino's record for passing yards in a season, as well as putting together a string of *7* 300-yard passing games.

(I'd say this Sunday against the 49ers is a given, but the 7th game would be against the Cowboys. Maybe if Colston, Henderson, and Copper can keep beating out Roy Williams...)

For the record, Favre needs 11 tds to break Marino's record & 13 to break Blanda's.

The brilliant Dr Z has gone on the record saying that Favre was one bad season away from eclipsing Blanda's record and not being a first-ballot hall of famer. Blanda himself made it on the first ballot.

For the record, Favre needs 11 tds to break Marino's record & 13 to break Blanda's.

The brilliant Dr Z has gone on the record saying that Favre was one bad season away from eclipsing Blanda's record and not being a first-ballot hall of famer. Blanda himself made it on the first ballot.

I can definitely see Brett doing both considering the teams on their schedule (Bears, Jets, Lions, 49ers, Vikings).

I can see him breaking both this year as well and if he plays next season, both definitly.

He will also probably break the career completions (Marino, of course) mark this season.

Vita: The problem is with Vick, not with his receivers. All his receivers have come into Atlanta and out of Atlanta doing much better when they're not playing with Vick.

Name ONE.

Anyone been watching the America's Game series on NFL Network? It's a countdown of the 20 greatest Super Bowl champions with each team getting an hour long documentary. The '99 Rams was on last night, but all I learned was that DeMarco Farr was out of shape even when he was playing.

That begs the question: What are your top 5 Super Bowl winning teams of all time?

That begs the question: What are your top 5 Super Bowl winning teams of all time?

'85 Bears

'72 Dolphins

'84 49ers (one of the most underrated teams ever)

'78 Steelers

'98 Broncos

Honorable Mention:

'66 Packers

'89 49ers

'91 Redskins

'92 Cowboys

'04 Patriots