TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dips

Can HHH have the title back please?

I would really have Umaga destroy Cena for the belt in the Clubber Lang fashion. Then like someone else said, Cena trains and gets more focused, he's been to busy fucking around over the K-Fed bullshit. He then goes on to beat Umaga, but not destroy him. They could throw someone else in the mix for a Triple Threat to take a pinfall, then have a third and "final" blowoff match between Cena and Umaga. It's really not too hard to do, since people are into Cena, and Umaga is finally catching on.

I'm all for Benjamin and Carlito to get a run... that is whenever both decide to stop being so horrible in the ring. But I can't blame them, as they're pretty much like the fans today. They're apathetic and could care less, as both know that know matter how much they improve and get over, they're going to be stuck in the same place, or where ever else WWE sees them at. Carlito is especially bad right now, but you can tell Benjamin was a little happier this week while teaming up with Haas.

Jeff Hardy is more than likely going to get a run, as long as he doesn't fuck up.

The only way you can book a HBK or another HHH run is if it is their final run.

Monty Brown, is a generic "Goldberg" type.

I disagree with this having seen Monty's entire career with TNA... If they let Monty be the type of character he was in 2004, with the insane rambling promos and the intensity that few can manage, I think Monty can go far. But if they use him like a generic Goldberg clone, then he's dead in the water.

Also, they should see if they could get Down With The Sickness for his theme, since it would be recognizable.

If anything Monty Brown needs to cut out the utterly inane, rambling interviews. All that Serengeti crap won't ever get over in a WWE environment.

I'm hoping Harry Smith does well, but he's not even on TV at the moment and who knows when he'll ever debut. In my view if he shows anything at all he'll shoot past Orton in the line for legacy pushes. Who would you rather push: The son of Davey Boy Smith and nephew of Bret Hart....or the son of Bob Orton, Jr.?

Smith obviously. But this is the WWE were talking about. Compare Orton to Smith, who is more marketable? Orton, cause of his looks, charisma.

Smith has a great look and good charisma from when I saw him wrestle Striker earlier this year.

Actually, I think Brown's rambling serengeti crap will go over better in the WWE. Its the type of over the top silliness that would fit in great in the cartoonish world of World Wrestling Entertainment. The next time Rob Conway appears on Raw will probably to be squashed like a bug by a debuting Monty Brown.

-Joe & Styles turned them down already (Joe knows he would've got a lame gimmick, Styles was offered a developmental deal, but he'd make more on the indies)

-Danielson (I think) believes he isn't ready yet

-no clue about Daniels (I'm guessing he's in the same boat as Styles w/ making more on the indies than he would in the WWE).

Eh. The WWE knows they are all vastly talented, I think they would offer them a more realistic deal than what TNA/others pay them.

Smith has a great look and good charisma from when I saw him wrestle Striker earlier this year.

I was refering to his look, like attraction level. He doesn't hold a candle to Orton in that department. But almost everywhere else, he blows him out of the water.

Eh...I don't think WWE is seen as the be all and end all of a wrestler's career anymore. A lot of guys probably don't want to deal with the political crap, hectic travel, and paying all those extra expenses. Plus the fact that if you're not over six feel tall, you'll never get a serious main event push anyway.

The thing is, nobody on earth would accept Umaga as the WWE champion. The guy is a bad 1982 savage gimmick and has done jack shit in terms of having a decent match, nor has he shown any remote sign of being over. I mean would anyone ever put a world title on Kamala? Afa of the Wild Samoans? Abdullah the Butcher?

Umaga is the sort of guy that would get a house show push against Hogan in 1986 and job in every match, maybe get a SNME blowoff. I know some will argue that they did give Yokozuna a big title push, but he wasn't doing a typical savage gimmick. He was at least supposed to be a sumo champion.

The Samoans, others like them, were really good old time tag champions. With a proper mouthpiece I could see someone like that getting a world belt but Umaga isn't over enough as they were. The tag belts used to be nearly as important as the world belt. And I would have loved Abdullah with the gold, lol.

Yes, the Samoans were a good tag team....for 1980. Would anyone seriously try and say "Man, that Afa has main eventer written all over him. Let's split the team and push him against Bob Backlund."

You know the irony of this Umaga thing? Samoa Joe didn't wanna sign with WWE in fear of getting that goofy savage gimmick, and Umaga might well get the WWE title before Joe even gets the NWA title!

The thing is, nobody on earth would accept Umaga as the WWE champion. The guy is a bad 1982 savage gimmick and has done jack shit in terms of having a decent match, nor has he shown any remote sign of being over. I mean would anyone ever put a world title on Kamala? Afa of the Wild Samoans? Abdullah the Butcher?

Umaga is the sort of guy that would get a house show push against Hogan in 1986 and job in every match, maybe get a SNME blowoff. I know some will argue that they did give Yokozuna a big title push, but he wasn't doing a typical savage gimmick. He was at least supposed to be a sumo champion.

The Samoans, others like them, were really good old time tag champions. With a proper mouthpiece I could see someone like that getting a world belt but Umaga isn't over enough as they were. The tag belts used to be nearly as important as the world belt. And I would have loved Abdullah with the gold, lol.

wrld-yokozuna02nd-1.jpg

wrld-yokozuna02nd-2.jpg

BONZAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII....I thought he was Japanese....I was fooled greatly

I really don't think Yoko is a fair comparison to Umaga.

Umaga's gimmick seems to be that he was found in the jungle. He's a total savage, doesn't understand anything except Estrada, and wears bizarre facepaint.

Yokozuna's gimmick was that he was a sumo wrestling champion. Besides that, Yoko never really seemed to have the whole "I am insane and will kill everyone until my manager tells me otherwise" thing going on. I mean, he didn't speak English, but it wasn't like he was some psychopath either. Plus, since his gimmick was sumo wrestling champion, it made sense for him to be, you know, a wrestler.

Yoko got over as a heel because Japan was public enemy number one after we kicked Saddam's ass in 1991 and before anyone really knew about Osama. No one has any reason to hate a Samoan.

Eh, the whole hatred of Japan was pretty passe by 1993 though. If it was 1953 then Yoko likely would have gotten lynched when he destroyed Jim Duggan and draped the American flag over him.

Yokozuna was curious in some ways. We know Fuji was Anti American, but was Yoko really? He never spoke much, so we don't know if he hated America or was just going along with whatever Fuji and Cornette said.

And really, Yoko was never over in the slightest. Watch any old tape. The guy never had a lick of heat. Kinda like Umaga right now. Though I will say Yoko vs. UT was a feud that DID in fact draw money. I remember going to a house show in Nov. 1994 right before Survivor Series and it was packed for the casket match. So I don't guess having heat necessarily equates with drawing money.

Even though, I haven't watched the WWE in a couple months, I was thinking about what I'd do to save Raw if I was a booker, and here's what I came up with. Run a storyline for a while where Cena's trying to "tag along with DX". Have them act kinda surprised at the stupid shit he does, but in a subtle way. Make it look like they're gradually accepting him, but still kind of laugh at him when he's not looking. Still though, he makes the saves for them in main event matches, etc.

Then, as the main event angle on a Raw, tease that Cena's joining DX. Have a big ceremony, etc., where Shawn and Hunter both kind of kiss his ass. Have Hunter give him a DX t-shirt. Then, right before he puts it on, have HHH say "Wait, wait, wait. Before you officially join DX, there's one test you have to pass: The fan appreciation test." HHH to crowd: "Are you guys down with DX? (Cheer) Are you guys down with John Cena? (Mixed reaction) Do you guys think John Cena is the kind of rebellious badass that would fit right in raising hell with the Game HHH and the Showstopper Shawn Michaels? (Mixed reaction) Or do you think John Cena's a white-bread, wanna-be poser little faggot that needs to get his ass kicked. (Crowd cheers

heavily.) That's what DX thought to." Then, just as Cena turns toward HHH, HBK lays him out with a superkick.

Anyway, take the feud to the Royal Rumble where HHH kicks out of the FU, and Cena ends up cheating and getting himself DQed while HHH is still in control of the match. This will cement the heel turn for Cena, and lead to a decisive no DQ match at Wrestlemania where HHH gets the title back. After this match, Cena disappears completely for a few months. HHH feuds with some transitional challenger for a couple PPVs, before some authority figure gives HBK a title shot. He and HHH argue awkwardly throughout the show with HHH trying to get him to lie down.

When they finally get out to the ring, HHH pokes HBK in the chest 3 times with HBK looking conflicted before finally pretending to fall over. As HHH makes the cover, the ref counts to 2 before HBK kicks out and the real match begins. After a ****1/2 25 minute match, HBK wins the title clean. HHH is very mad at first, vowing to use his rematch clause, but HBK reminds him of what happened before between them, and says how it's unfair how he always has to have the spotlight. He says that he never complained while HHH held the belt, and now Hunter should be happy for him and let him have "his turn". They finally agree that HHH will get his shot at Vengeance (is this the PPV before Summerslam, I'm guessing), but the two of them will still be amicable and behave like adults.

Then, three weeks before Vengeance, HBK is hit in the parking lot by a black Cadillac. After a one-week suspension, HHH comes back and vehemently denies having anything to do with the attack. While HHH is talking, HBK sneaks up on him, and clocks him from behind with a sledgehammer, knocking him out. He announces that he fell for his song and dance once, but he won't fall for it again and then gives him a brutal beating that lasts 5-10 minutes.

At Vengeance, HHH and HBK have a 'no holds barred match' which last 25-30 minutes. After some brutal two-way move, both men collapse in the ring. All of a sudden, the black Cadillac comes to the ring and out jumps John Cena. He brings a chain and brass knuckles to the ring and destroys both HBK and HHH before putting HBK on top of HHH and having the referee count the pinfall. He then announces that after what HHH and HBK did to him, separating him from the fans, he could not regain his pride just by winning the title back. He had to destroy DX. And by attacking HBK on Raw, that's exactly what he did. This leads to a HHH/HBK/Cena title match at Summerslamfrom where you can either go with a legitimate Cena heel run, where he's a serious thug instead of a joke face, or else you can let HBK carry the banner as a face champ and have a bunch of fresh matchups before eventually dropping the title to Edge or Orton.

The benefits:

1) Cena finally drops the corny face character, and is seen as a legitimate threat by smart fans. (Note that I'm not using the term to denote internet message board types in this spot, but rather to denote fans with an IQ of over 40.)

2) We actually have some compelling feuds, and come up with good main events for both Wrestlemania and Summerslam.

3) We can get the belt on HBK for a while without it making sense that HHH wouldn't be mad. We're also not stuck with another corny heel turn.

4) HHH gets his token title run over with and it's short and sweet.

The downside:

1) Our co main-event of Wrestlemania is a rematch of something from the RR. As such, we're stuck using dull Smackdown stars to be the real main event of Wrestlemania.

2) HHH and HBK do have another feud. However, it only lasts one month and it's done with a fresh angle.

Yeah, fantasy booking, blah blah. I don't post much about the WWE, and as a disgruntled fan, I just wanted to write out what it would take for me to get interested in the product again.

I don't know. I think I remember Yoko having heat in some of his matches, at least against the likes of Bret Hart and Diesel. His finisher (the Bonzai Drop) was definitely believable, and seemed over.