TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

WON News + Notes, Jan 15 Issue

I can't even count the number of guys that said Trish Stratus looks like a guy......which to me means alot of wrestling fans have never been laid in their life or they're gay.

I would've never believed I'd also hear that statement, until I finally did. It's truly beyond me how could any man actually say that Trish looked like a dude. You're probably right about most of them being gay.

And Nattie looks fine. I think this is a great opportunity for her.

Great... I was hoping that 15,000 people loudly chanting for Vince's competition during that Rosie/Donald skit would cause it to be swept under the rug and never heard of again. Now it's going to Wrestlemania? Yuck.

And the CM Punk treatment is just typical WWE political bullshit. It shouldn't surprise anyone by now. No one wants him to get over, so they make dumb excuses when he does and come up with even dumber ones to job him out. When has Bob Holly ever gotten a reaction like Punk did at Survivor Series?

Thanks for these.

Out of everything:

Larry Zbyszko has contacted WWE trying to get himself signed onto a Legends deal and a commentry gig. No word as of yet if Vince is interested.

This made me laugh the most. If Vince signs him, There is no reason in the world to not get Randy Savage under a legends contract.

It's funny that they specifically say that "CM Punk only got over because of Heyman, which was a fluke" when correct me if I am wrong, but Paul Heyman is known for getting people over. That is one of his best qualities as a booker/promoter, getting people OVER That was why ECW was successful in the first place, because he got mid-card talent over and made people believe their were ME talent. Goddamn these stooges can be fucking stupid sometimes.

Paycheck aside, it must be mentally draining working for a company with such good-ol boy, hierarchy mentalities, that would purposely cut the legs off people who get over on their own, and instead lift and push people that the fans don't care about to the point of nasuea until the fans are almost forced to like them because it is made clear THAT is all they are going to get. It's almost like CM Punk is being punished because he is gettng over as CM Punk, I bet if Vince re-packaged him as a garbage man, or a pig farmer and THEN he got over, Vince would be perfectly fine with it....

The "paying the dues" explanation is the worst of all because it seems to only apply to people who have made a name for themselves outside of WWE. I thought "paying your dues" had to do with the industry itself, not WWE's political oligarchy, I guess not.

CM Punk is just the new RVD to Vince/Gerwitz/Stephanie etc.., except this is worse because CM Punk is younger, and a better worker, but he will never get a fair shake in this company.

Guest rvd420

This CM punk crap cracks me up...

It's funny to read how OUT of touch wwe has become...

For the first time in a looong time I fear for theire future...

Vince and ALL his "yes men" has destroyed the wrestling business..

And Steph reacting the way she did had me laughing....

She realised that wwe was DOOOMED without H holding everyone and theire mother down...

Punk has been fucked for a long time, just no one noticed cause Heyman was protecting him in booking.

HHH, HBK and Stephanie have all had major issue with him since before he even debuted saying he sucked and such. And apparently because of that relationship they have with Flair it's carried over to Anderson who also know's how to keep his job.

It's gotten the point where I can't tell the difference between those agreeing with Vince because they're ignorant morons and those agreeing with Vince because they want to keep their job and realize disagreeing isn't going to do jack shit anyway.

I thought Triple H actually liked Punk, but of course what he says to Punk's face, and what he says in production meetings could be quite different, plus when he got the ovation he did at Survivor Series, it probably sent the mod squad into damage control mode....

I think it just hurts that Triple H is in the position he is, as far being Steph's husband and Vince's son in law, because the truth to the matter is, Triple H hasn't done anything spectacular during his career to warrant the entire booking committe shitting their pants if he gets injured. It's not like he spikes the ratings, sells the most merch, or puts on epic matches. I mean I understand from Stephanie's point of view, as his wife and the mother of his child, why it would suck to see my husband injured again, for general reasons beyond wrestling, but as far as business goes, I don't get why they are all running around like chickens with their heads cut off......

Hmmm...interesting viewpoints here. The wwe people would be saying you guys are the ones out of touch, but the CM Punk comments, Rosie/Trump nonsense and HHH's injury and how they are running around like chickens does shed light on how they operate. I don't hate HHH as others, but it is true. He has not been that great over his career in comparison to how they protect and book him. I bet his argument is 2000 in terms of ratings, buy-rates, and house show attendance as prove as him being a draw, but we all know that was really Rock's drawing power at the time. The wwe did not even have confidence to book the guy in a solo match at Mania that year and that says a lot with how hot the company was then. The love triangle storyline also helped him that year too. However, 2001 belonged to heel Austin and all that invasion crap. Is it a coincidence the brand split and HHH's title reign era that took over in 2002 until perhaps the dropping of the title to Batista haven't been that hot? Of course, the wwe will find some excuse to explain this.

No one is going to tell Vince he's fucking up right now when there isn't any competition you'll get fired.

It's just like this the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree....Vince likes big untalented wrestlers so Stephanie does too........she hates Punk but loves Rodimer, that's all that needs to be said.

It amuses me to no end that HHH has really made everyone in that company believe he is the man and he is irreplaceable as a performer. The guy is pretty damn smart about keeping himself where he wants to be I'll give him that.

They don't like Punk because he's a threat without being a roid monster so it's easy to just tell him he's not over and job him.

I guess depending on how much they want to bury Punk at the moment, will we see a "Tazz Royal Rumble moment" from 2001 in Punk's future?

I wouldn't be surprised.

I've read on this board that WWE will never be in financial trouble no matter how badly the wrestling product suffers because of its other ventures. What are these other ventures? Some of the non-wrestling things the company has tried like WWF New York and The Marine have bombed BADLY. If WWE ever alienates enough fans, what would save it?

I can't even count the number of guys that said Trish Stratus looks like a guy......which to me means alot of wrestling fans have never been laid in their life or they're gay.

I would've never believed I'd also hear that statement, until I finally did. It's truly beyond me how could any man actually say that Trish looked like a dude. You're probably right about most of them being gay.

I've actually heard a few guys say it's because of her upper jaw line. Put 10-15 pounds of muscle on Angelina Jolie and guys would probably say the same.

People used to say the same about Jessica Simpson, before she became a big star and was still trying to sell herself as the "pure" pop star, she had a weird jaw-line, and it made her face look kind of man-ly, then suddenly it dissapeared, which of course led to rumors of plastic surgery.

The original point I was trying to make was that even if you don't find the women the WWE puts out there attractive or alot of the women in wrestling in general attractive.

Just because a woman has some muscle or muscle tone and you don't think she's attractive doesn't mean she looks like a man.

I've read on this board that WWE will never be in financial trouble no matter how badly the wrestling product suffers because of its other ventures. What are these other ventures? Some of the non-wrestling things the company has tried like WWF New York and The Marine have bombed BADLY. If WWE ever alienates enough fans, what would save it?

People aren't necessarily referring to stuff like the XFL or WWF NY but things like foreign business, DVD sales, 24/7, etc., and yes, their movie arm since their films are made so cheaply that they can't do anything but break even, which is still a gain.

The original point I was trying to make was that even if you don't find the women the WWE puts out there attractive or alot of the women in wrestling in general attractive.

Just because a woman has some muscle or muscle tone and you don't think she's attractive doesn't mean she looks like a man.

Depends on the size of these women. I don't find most WNBA players to be attractive, but I'd fuck the shit out of these college volley ball chicks.

People aren't necessarily referring to stuff like the XFL or WWF NY but things like foreign business, DVD sales, 24/7, etc., and yes, their movie arm since their films are made so cheaply that they can't do anything but break even, which is still a gain.

OK, I gotcha on DVD sales and such, but I read The Marine cost $30 mil to make and didn't even scratch $20 mil. Seems like a huge loss, and it would have to do pretty lofty DVD numbers to break even, right? But that's just one instance so I digress.

OK, I gotcha on DVD sales and such, but I read The Marine cost $30 mil to make and didn't even scratch $20 mil. Seems like a huge loss, and it would have to do pretty lofty DVD numbers to break even, right? But that's just one instance so I digress.

Kanes movie however made a profit......so they'll tie those together and consider it the move part breaking even.

Wikipedia said it was a $15 million budget and they're never wrong.

I'll take your word for it.

Stephanie being upset about HHH's injury doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean yeah, he's out of action/work for most of the year, but he isn't dead...and he'll have more time with his kid.

And that makes this the second year Wrestlemania gets screwed up due to a main guy getting injured

Stephanie being upset about HHH's injury doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean yeah, he's out of action/work for most of the year, but he isn't dead...and he'll have more time with his kid.

What doesn't make sense? Is it too hard to believe a women would be over emotional and over react to a situation?

Thanks for these.

Out of everything:

Larry Zbyszko has contacted WWE trying to get himself signed onto a Legends deal and a commentry gig. No word as of yet if Vince is interested.

This made me laugh the most. If Vince signs him, There is no reason in the world to not get Randy Savage under a legends contract.

Did'nt ya hear? MACHO going to the Hall :D

It's true. I used to get mad when people would go on about how ugly Jazz was. It made me wonder if everybody on this board was dating a supermodel or something. If she's not your cup of tea fine, but there is nothing wrong with her, looks wise.