TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

OAO Monday Night Raw Thread-1/29/2007

for the people screaming for Kennedy/Batista at Mania don't forget No Way Out!

Which can always have a screwy finish.

Seems like they could do Kennedy with a win at No Way Out to take the title, then a cage match blowoff at Mania.

for the people screaming for Kennedy/Batista at Mania don't forget No Way Out!

Which can always have a screwy finish.

Which exactly what I said in my previous post. Batista growing paranoid about his ability to beat Kennedy and Kennedy keep getting Batista within inches and slowly getting over with the crowd (as last night showed). It's the best possible program right now and if booked right, it could extend beyond WM with the double turn that would be pretty easy to accomplish.

Still wouldn't count out Kane/Batista since Vince is a big man mark.

Ok so, that was an AWESOME ending to Raw, and I'd rather see Taker/Cena than Taker/Batista, but if Cena ends Taker's streak..I may never watch Raw again.

Better Cena than Batista.....Cena will still be around in 7 years and is obviously their guy........Batista on the other hand.

But Batista is a more believable person to beat Taker..bigger, stronger..all of Cena's overcoming the odds has been ridiculous and so unbelievable...I don't want anyone to end the streak, but for me Cena would be as bad as Batista if not worse.

They aren't doing Cena/Taker, if they did and Cena went over it would totally backfire and make a large segment of the fanbase hate Cena forever.

They just threw 'Taker in there to fuck with people's minds and give a huge cliffhanger ending, they were already pushing the "WHAT BRAND WILL HE CHOOSE?" thing all show long, and I doubt they'd blow it off on one show, they'll probably have him do that on ECW then he chooses to face Batista on Smackdown.

The seeds were already planted for 'Taker/Batista, and tonight the seeds were very clearly planted for either Shawn/Cena or a fatal fourway with Cena/Shawn/Edge/Orton.

Ok so, that was an AWESOME ending to Raw, and I'd rather see Taker/Cena than Taker/Batista, but if Cena ends Taker's streak..I may never watch Raw again.

Better Cena than Batista.....Cena will still be around in 7 years and is obviously their guy........Batista on the other hand.

But Batista is a more believable person to beat Taker..bigger, stronger..all of Cena's overcoming the odds has been ridiculous and so unbelievable...I don't want anyone to end the streak, but for me Cena would be as bad as Batista if not worse.

I disagree with that, crowds are turning on Batista as he continues to be worse in the ring and in general. Cena on the other had has found his niche and is getting better, on back to back PPV's he's had argueably the 2 best matches of his career. Last night's match was everything wrestling is about.

Fans buy into Cena as the every man blue collar guy with a heart as big as you'll ever find that doesn't quit. I can buy Cena going over Taker because unlike Batista, Cena has passion and I truly believe in every match he is giving everything he has to be the best he can be.

Not even close. In fact, Cena/Taker suits the Andre/Hogan dynamic far greater then any other match possible especially Batista. Cena can carry this company for the next decade as he's currently the #1 face all around and has years left on him. Batista is a modern Warrior in that he got over quick but couldn't sustain it and being as bad he is, he really hurts the product. Instead of being batshit crazy, he just gets hurt every 4 months.

Cena is just as much of a "believable" threat espeicially given his size and his history.

I disagree with that, crowds are turning on Batista as he continues to be worse in the ring and in general. Cena on the other had has found his niche and is getting better, on back to back PPV's he's had argueably the 2 best matches of his career. Last night's match was everything wrestling is about.

Fans buy into Cena as the every man blue collar guy with a heart as big as you'll ever find that doesn't quit. I can buy Cena going over Taker because unlike Batista, Cena has passion and I truly believe in every match he is giving everything he has to be the best he can be.

Well, isn't that sweet.

Batista is more believable to the casual fan whether people like him or not because of how big he is, and the fact that he really hasn't been cleanly beaten in over two years.

Taker/Cena

HBK/Kennedy

Lashley/Marcus Cor Von

--

And as for RAW:

Edge vs Orton

WGTT/Cryme Tyme for the Tag Belts

Melina vs Mickie James for the Women's Title

Kahli vs Hogan

Jeff Hardy/Johnny Nitro/Carlito on the RAW side for MITB Ladder Match

I cant think of Smackdown matches yet..

Taker/Cena

HBK/Kennedy

Lashley/Marcus Cor Von

--

And as for RAW:

Edge vs Orton

WGTT/Cryme Tyme for the Tag Belts

Melina vs Mickie James for the Women's Title

Kahli vs Hogan

Jeff Hardy/Johnny Nitro/Carlito on the RAW side for MITB Ladder Match

I cant think of Smackdown matches yet..

Try this

WWE Title

Cena Vs Taker

World Title

Batista Vs Kennedy

ECW Title

Fatal Four Way Extreme Rules

Lashley Vs RVD Vs Holly Vs Punk (or Corvon)

Street Fight

R-RKO Vs Flair and Shawn

Hulk Hogan w/Trump Vs King Booker W/ Vince and Khali

TLC Four Way Tag Team

Hardys Vs MnM Vs Kendrick and London Vs WGTT

Woman's Title

Mickie Vs Melina

US Title

Benoit Vs Finlay

IC Title

Kenny Vs Carlito (Jeff can drop the title to Kenny)

25 Man Battle Royal

ECW: Sabu, Sandman, Dreamer, Striker, Burke, Test, Corvon (or Punk) and Thorn

SD: Kane, Chavo, Regal, Taylor, Helms, Vito, Miz and MVP

Raw: Umaga, Viscera, Cade, Murdoch, Cryme Tyme, Crazy and Masters

*Mysterio makes surprise return ala LOD @ WMXIV*

Not even close. In fact, Cena/Taker suits the Andre/Hogan dynamic far greater then any other match possible especially Batista. Cena can carry this company for the next decade as he's currently the #1 face all around and has years left on him. Batista is a modern Warrior in that he got over quick but couldn't sustain it and being as bad he is, he really hurts the product. Instead of being batshit crazy, he just gets hurt every 4 months.

Cena is just as much of a "believable" threat espeicially given his size and his history.

But his history is BULLSHIT...he's overcame so many ridiculous odds..winning triple threats, 4 on 1s, the elimination chamber, matches against guys much bigger than him..it's just so tired and unbelievable.

I just think the Cena hate is hilarious.........he just had the best match of his career what more do you want from the guy?

Jesus, how long have you guys been watching wrestling? It's not going to be Cena/Taker.

100% agree.

I think people are completely grasping for straws after that one little cliffhanger. There is no doubt in my mind that they won't...not, do Batista vs Undertaker.

I just think the Cena hate is hilarious.........he just had the best match of his career what more do you want from the guy?

Stop doing the AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! face during the STFU.....STFU Cena indeed.

JR drops Jericho Return to ECW hint...

I thought it was just me who thought that.

Wait I missed that- what?

I missed the Jericho to ECW hint as well. Can anyone fill us in?

Jesus, how long have you guys been watching wrestling? It's not going to be Cena/Taker.

100% agree.

I think people are completely grasping for straws after that one little cliffhanger. There is no doubt in my mind that they won't...not, do Batista vs Undertaker.

Its going to be Taker vs Lashley and he will literally bury the ECW champ in a casket deathmatch

JR drops Jericho Return to ECW hint...

I thought it was just me who thought that.

Wait I missed that- what?

I missed the Jericho to ECW hint as well. Can anyone fill us in?

JR just said "ECW will never...ever be the same again" ala Jericho. JR probably didn't even realize he quoted Jericho.

It's just that nobody wants to see UT's streak ended. There's nobody currently over enough to do it and have it be justified, so it's just bullshit on any level.

Look, I have said this repeatedly on various threads, but it has to be the following at WM for the main matches:

Batista vs. UT (Why would UT want Cena when he already has an issue with Batista?)

Cena vs. HBK (They are already building this and it could be a really good match)

Orton vs. Edge (Neither guy has any serious singles heat and nobody would buy them in the title match, so let them have a heatless heel vs. heel match with the winner going to Backlash most likely)

It's just that nobody wants to see UT's streak ended. There's nobody currently over enough to do it and have it be justified, so it's just bullshit on any level.

Look, I have said this repeatedly on various threads, but it has to be the following at WM for the main matches:

Batista vs. UT (Why would UT want Cena when he already has an issue with Batista?)

Cena vs. HBK (They are already building this and it could be a really good match)

Orton vs. Edge (Neither guy has any serious singles heat and nobody would buy them in the title match, so let them have a heatless heel vs. heel match with the winner going to Backlash most likely)

Would be good but I can't see WWE doing two face vs. face matches along with a heel vs. heel match.

I dont know what the chances are, but I wouldnt mind Cena v. HBK v. Taker at Mania for the WWE title. That was the first thing that came to my mind tonight after the show ended. Not sure where that would leave Batista though, I dont think Kennedy is ready just yet for a main event slot at Mania and would probably throw Edge over there to challenge Batista, or even Orton v. Batista (since there is backstory there and they were originally going to have Batista v. Orton last year at Mania anyway). Orton v. Edge, although it seems likely given where they are going now with a tag team title loss, just doesn't really sound that interesting at all to me. Orton v. Batista and Hogan v. Edge or something would be much more suited since there is both decent past stories in tact to those matches.

It's not just the cliffhanger ending, it's the ending along with one of the insider pay sites claiming that the wwe has decided to shake up their pre-planned WM line-up that was Batista/UT, Cena/Orton/Edge, HBK/Booker T and Hogan vs Shane.

I'll agree that Cena vs Undertaker is a much better way to go. I also think that Undertaker has condiserable pull and wasn't going to job to Batista who isn't well liked in the back and Undertaker could concievably outlast him in the ring(careerwise).

Interesting to note is that Marcus Cor Von is listed from Detroit, Michigan instead of The Animal Kingdom. I wonder if he's heading for the ECW title match and they want to use his hometown rub.

I don't know where SD! would go if UT does choose Cena though. Kennedy vs Batista wouldn't work as it's already happened and WM is too far away to possibly carry the feud. Benoit vs Batista would be an easy option to push, but I think the plan was to keep Batista face.

That doesn't mean we can't hope.

Whoever said Cena/Taker is the REAL Hogan/Andre comparisons is on the money. Whoever said it could also be a big gamble on damaging Cena if he went over with certain fans is also on the money, but damn if the two supermen wouldn't give us a night of drama in Detroit. With that said they will be conservative and not have Taker on raw. Batista/Benoit would be good. It just makes me think of Benoit/Brock, but we know that aint gonna happpen.