TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Grapplin' Watcher Abstracts!

Orton is expected to be the last guy in the MITB match.

Mistico will not be joining WWE. He is still under contract with CMLL but he didn't tell anyone that until John Laurinaitis made him a contract offer. So, he'll be staying in mexico for a while.

Ricky Steamboat came to a deal with his ex-wife so he can use that name again.

WWE has been negotiating with Chris Jericho about him returning on Raw in September.

The 2008 Royal Rumble is expected to be at MSG. Wrestlemania 24 will probably be held in Orlando at the TD Waterhouse Arena.

Lawler isn't so happy about being inducted into the HOF. He thinks that you shouldn't be in a hall of fame until you retire, and Kevin Dunn turned down his request that Lance Russell induct him. Also, he really wanted to go to an Indians game on the 31st, but now he can't. WWE wanted Jim Carrey to induct him, but Jim turned it down. So now, WWE wants William Shatner to do the induction.

Dustin and Cody Runnels will be inducting their dad into the HOF.

Rene Dupree has been suspended and he might be fired.

Backstage, people are comparing Batista to the Ultimate Warrior. He is resented because of his lack of love for the business and his not paying enough dues. However, HHH is still a big supporter of Batista because he made Dave a star.

No DX vs Orton/Edge feud is planned for when HHH returns. HHH feels that this feud should occur but Vince believes that it will be impossible to keep Orton and Edge hot as a team for that long. So Orton and Edge are supposed to be splitting up and feuding within the next few months. Edge also has been pushing to NOT feud with HHH.

WWE 24/7 has 35,000 subscribers on a monthly basis, which Dave notes is pretty low.

Don't just say thanks, comment!

wrestlingobserver.com You really should subscribe!

Ricky Steamboat came to a deal with his ex-wife so he can use that name again.

WWE has been negotiating with Chris Jericho about him returning on Raw in September.

A double dose of good news there.

No DX vs Orton/Edge feud is planned for when HHH returns. HHH feels that this feud should occur but Vince believes that it will be impossible to keep Orton and Edge hot as a team for that long. So Orton and Edge are supposed to be splitting up and feuding within the next few months. Edge also has been pushing to NOT feud with HHH.

Interesting. I guess the Rated-RKO split could start happening as soon as Mania.

Why would Mistico go to all of the trouble and cause all of the controversy to try out if he was still under contract? Seems to be an illogical move.

They are probably negotiating with Jericoh to come back in September so he can bulk up some. Will be interesting to see if they rocket him to the top, or bog him down in the midcard again.

I missed the backstory of the Ricky Steamboat thing. Info plz?

And this...

Also, he really wanted to go to an Indians game on the 31st, but now he can't.

...is likely the saddest commentary on the WWE Hall of Fame that could ever be made.

I'd love to see this. I've always liked Jericho, and even when he was unmotivated & a little lazy, he was still a highlight of the show for me. It'll be interesting to see if it actually happens, though.

So now, WWE wants William Shatner to do the induction.

Am I missing something? What's the connection between Lawler/Shatner?

Edge also has been pushing to NOT feud with HHH.

Smart man.

WWE 24/7 has 35,000 subscribers on a monthly basis, which Dave notes is pretty low.

That does seem low. That's a shame, as there's lots of great stuff on there.

And this...

Also, he really wanted to go to an Indians game on the 31st, but now he can't.

...is likely the saddest commentary on the WWE Hall of Fame that could ever be made.

He might just already have tickets and now that he's busy with the induction, he has to find somebody to give them to?

As for Mistico, it was probably just him trying to be a money-grubbing jerk that can go to CMLL and say "Hey, the big leagues in America want me and will pay this much; what will you do to keep me here when my contract expires?", only to go back to WWE and say "CMLL's doing this to keep me here, what will you do to get me?"

Steamboat's ex-wife Bonnie apparently got the rights to "Ricky The Dragon Steamboat" in their divorce settlement.

EDIT: Whoops, too slow.

Thanks for these.

Great news. His band is terrible.

They are probably negotiating with Jericoh to come back in September so he can bulk up some. Will be interesting to see if they rocket him to the top, or bog him down in the midcard again.

Main event against Edge or HBK!

No one finds it odd they want Jericho coming in when the HHH return push will be at the strongest?

Somebody has to make him look good in the ring just thinking of who he can work with is a very short list I can count on my left hand everybody else in the company are very bad actors.

I'd said to a friend of mine that Jim Carrey should induct Lawler. Oh well, I can see why he wouldn't.

Jim has tickets to a death metal concert? Really why would an A-list Hollywood star want to be associated with WWE now that he is making $23 million per film?

Am I missing something? What's the connection between Lawler/Shatner?

They ran a mini-program on a Raw before the 1995 Royal Rumble. Shatner appeared on the King's Court, and they later held a match where Shatner stood in Bret Hart's corner against Jeff Jarrett.

Yes and it concluded with Shatner giving Lawler a monkey flip!!! I remember Shatner being on the Stern Show a few years later saying it was the most embarrassing moment of his career.

I am so glad to see Edge finally sticking it to that asshole, HHH. Edge & HHH were supposed to feud back in 2004. But, HHHitler showed his cowardice and backed out.

That could be quite the coo for the Cleveland Indians marketing department if Jerry Lawler dumped his own Hall of Fame induction to go to a Tribe game. Hell, he can have DH Travis Hafner unofficially induct him during the 7th inning stretch.

And thank you for the notes.

I am so glad to see Edge finally sticking it to that asshole, HHH. Edge & HHH were supposed to feud back in 2004. But, HHHitler showed his cowardice and backed out.

Are you 9?

Are you 9?

Ok, sorry. The GStorm guys have really had a bad influence on me.

That [Dupree suspension] would explain the abrupt drop of the reunited La Resistance. They'll probably just stick Conway in there.

i heard earlier that they went to one of the development territories to train and get better as a team, but i dont think they will go with conway since he got fired a cfouple of months ago

Guest phoenixdown2112

Bill Apter posted this on www.1wrestling.com which makes me question the validity of the whole Jerry Lawler issue

EXCLUSIVE: LAWLER - "LET'S CLEAR UP THIS RUMOR!"

By: Bill Apter

3/9/2007 12:32:26 PM

I called Jerry "The King" Lawler today to congratulate him on his induction to upcoming the Hall Of Fame. I also wanted to remind him that on April 5, it will be 25 years to the day he wrestled Andy Kaufman (my part in that was introducing them to each other. Pick up Lawler's book "It's Good To Be King ... Sometimes" and read chapter 18 for more information).

While discussing the Hall Of Fame, I asked Jerry "how come Kevin Dunn has turned Lance Russell down to introduce you at the event? I read that he laughed at the thought saying nobody knows Lance Russell!" Jerry told me he heard the above was circulating on the Internet.

"I don't know who started that rumor but it is not true. "Let's clear up this rumor right now," he told me. "I spoke with John Laurinitus and he thought Lance would be the right choice too. That conversation with Kevin Dunn never took place. Lance is having some personal problems right now and we're not sure he can appear. As for Kevin saying that nobody knows who Lance is and he wouldn't use him for that reason, I don't know who made that story up but it never happened and I would really appreciate you telling that to everyone!"

Bill Apter posted this on www.1wrestling.com which makes me question the validity of the whole Jerry Lawler issue

EXCLUSIVE: LAWLER - "LET'S CLEAR UP THIS RUMOR!"

By: Bill Apter

3/9/2007 12:32:26 PM

I called Jerry "The King" Lawler today to congratulate him on his induction to upcoming the Hall Of Fame. I also wanted to remind him that on April 5, it will be 25 years to the day he wrestled Andy Kaufman (my part in that was introducing them to each other. Pick up Lawler's book "It's Good To Be King ... Sometimes" and read chapter 18 for more information).

While discussing the Hall Of Fame, I asked Jerry "how come Kevin Dunn has turned Lance Russell down to introduce you at the event? I read that he laughed at the thought saying nobody knows Lance Russell!" Jerry told me he heard the above was circulating on the Internet.

"I don't know who started that rumor but it is not true. "Let's clear up this rumor right now," he told me. "I spoke with John Laurinitus and he thought Lance would be the right choice too. That conversation with Kevin Dunn never took place. Lance is having some personal problems right now and we're not sure he can appear. As for Kevin saying that nobody knows who Lance is and he wouldn't use him for that reason, I don't know who made that story up but it never happened and I would really appreciate you telling that to everyone!"

Liar. He's totally lying.

Guest General Mike
Lawler isn't so happy about being inducted into the HOF. He thinks that you shouldn't be in a hall of fame until you retire, and Kevin Dunn turned down his request that Lance Russell induct him. Also, he really wanted to go to an Indians game on the 31st, but now he can't. WWE wanted Jim Carrey to induct him, but Jim turned it down. So now, WWE wants William Shatner to do the induction.

Enough people have commented on this already, but one thing needs to be added. The Indians game on March 31st isn't even a regular season game.

Eric Bischoff had to be there in 2006 (much to the surprise of Sherri!) and his character was fired.

hey...don't tell anyone this....but Eric being fired was a work.