TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

John Rambo

I think it kicks ass, and will be a lot of fun. I went to watch Rocky Balboa and loved that one, and I'm sure I'll love this one as well. I'm loving that we have a new Rambo, a new Die Hard - I really, really miss the action flicks of the 80's. Say what you will about Bruce, Sly, and all of the other older guys, but they were real action heroes. Most of the guys they try to pass off as "action heroes" in Hollywood today, and for the past number of years, have been a joke.

Anybody else find it amusing that the first time we heard about the new Rambo and Rocky movies, we immideately shitted on it because it was an old guy reprising an old role that should have been burried years ago- but as soon as we actually see footage from the new movie, we all get excited?

I got to hadn it to Stallone- I didn't think he'd be able to do it, but he's taken two old school roles and brought them into the present without loosing anything we truly loved about the characters.

Man, some of those kills look more violent than anything in the original films aside from maybe the exploding arrow from Rambo II.

I have to admit, it does look pretty damn cool.

Well if it does one thing, it re-affirms my utter lack of interest in Die Hard 4 aftering see the trailer for it(and learning of it's PG-13 Rating)......John Rambo all the way!!!

Well, Rocky was good because it was believable, but when I heard Stallone wanted to be Rambo again, I thought to myself "Okay, now THAT is pushing it!", but after seeing that footage, I think I'll refrain from shitting / praising it until the movie comes out.

Man, that was so violent it was cool, don't you just love those lovely violent fims(Terminator 1, Robocop, Predator and so on) Im begging Tambo to have a giood box office run because if it does, you just know that a thousand great violent films are coming out the year after, is this a summer 2008 flick?

He punched. His fucking. Head. Off.

I thought that too...I'm pretty certain he had a knife, if you listen close you can hear a knife sound. It's kinda hard to see it though, so I don't know.

Either way, it's awesome!

It looks like a knife to me. I have shown this footage to like 4 of my friends and when the previews start they don't seem to convinced but as soon as that dude looses his head they are all OMFG about it. I will wait and judge it when it comes out but hot damn that was a freaking sweet preview.

It looks like a knife to me. I have shown this footage to like 4 of my friends and when the previews start they don't seem to convinced but as soon as that dude looses his head they are all OMFG about it. I will wait and judge it when it comes out but hot damn that was a freaking sweet preview.

I'm just wondering how much of that stuff makes the final cut.

I wonder too, I guess time will tell.

Welcome back gratuitous action violence. Welcome back my friend.

Indeed.

I will say that I didn't think Sly had it in him. Although it sounds to me when he send Benz off that this may be the last Rambo movie. I'm still hoping that all that graphic shit makes it into the movie. The beheading, evisceration, and close proximity machine gun to the face all look like winners to me.

Nice to see Julie Benz getting work that isn't shitty Lifetime movies with horses and shit.

Dude...Dexter kicks various types of ass.

Guest Vitamin X
There apparently going for a hard R rating. I'm looking foward to this more that the next Die Hard film.

Fuck yeah, and you know, that's a shame because I loved the Die Hard trilogy a hell of a lot more than Rambo, but this is good stuff here too.

They really don't make them like they used to. Hollywood oughta learn from Stallone bringing back the good stuff in action, but sadly they'll just write off the money it makes due to nostalgia and nothing else.