TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for June 2007

I thought everyone knew Khali didn't kill the guy in the ring.... It's just some bullshit rumor someone started to make people hate him. It was the dude who he was working with's fault...not Khali's. Maybe if you looked it up instead of being so gullible, you'd see.

actually it was the trainers fault for having them do it again after the kid already said he was really hurt.

I thought everyone knew Khali didn't kill the guy in the ring.... It's just some bullshit rumor someone started to make people hate him. It was the dude who he was working with's fault...not Khali's. Maybe if you looked it up instead of being so gullible, you'd see.

Yep, it was the fault of a completely green rookie on his first week of training. Damn him for not knowing all the million ways you can get hurt in the ring. He should've used his River Tam psychic powers to see that one coming. Ya see, I have looked it up. And the official explanations are full of holes, since the move they claim Brian Ong was supposed to be taking, uh, doesn't really exist in wrestling.

Of course, having a 7+ foot, really clumsy monster give your n00bs a bunch of moves is pretty much asking for trouble. But I'm sure you're right, the reason I disagree is because I'm gullible. Must be all those bumps I've taken in the ring, including landing on my head a few times, makes me downright naive.

I hope Cena blows out his knee, just to see the mad scramble to figure out what the fuck they're going to do. Does this make me a bitter person or a bad person?

Yes. You're a bitter old bastard. I want to see it too.

So, they're going to fill up THREE spots on the number 2 sho...

...you know what, halfway through typing that, I wondered why I was surprised they'd do something so stupid. It's not worth even getting 'outraged' anymore. One less show to buy, one less DVD to order. Thanks Vince!

Which Jackasses are being used? I know Steve-O is involved but who else? I can only name two other guys (Knoxville and Bam) but I'd guess they aren't doing this because they have better things to do.

Yep, it was the fault of a completely green rookie on his first week of training. Damn him for not knowing all the million ways you can get hurt in the ring. He should've used his River Tam psychic powers to see that one coming. Ya see, I have looked it up. And the official explanations are full of holes, since the move they claim Brian Ong was supposed to be taking, uh, doesn't really exist in wrestling.

Of course, having a 7+ foot, really clumsy monster give your n00bs a bunch of moves is pretty much asking for trouble. But I'm sure you're right, the reason I disagree is because I'm gullible. Must be all those bumps I've taken in the ring, including landing on my head a few times, makes me downright naive.

I hope Cena blows out his knee, just to see the mad scramble to figure out what the fuck they're going to do. Does this make me a bitter person or a bad person?

Yes. You're a bitter old bastard. I want to see it too.

Well, your statement about Khali killing a guy is naive. Maybe you just used a poor selection of words.

What does MVP think about his ring gear? You know, the one that sends the crowd into a "Power Ranger" chanting frenzy.

"I laugh when they say Power Ranger because I don't hear anyone call Jushin "Thunder" Liger a Power Ranger," says MVP, the newly crowned United States champion who explains that his suit is supposed to have that T.O./Under Armour feel to it. "I look at it like this: You're making fun of me in an athletic suit but a guy wearing some Speedos is perfectly OK? Explain that one to me. Or even tights. A guy is wearing tights, those are just some heavy-duty pantyhose and people in the crowd are trying to rag on me for the outfit of a world class athlete? You better look around."

What does MVP think about his ring gear? You know, the one that sends the crowd into a "Power Ranger" chanting frenzy.

"I laugh when they say Power Ranger because I don't hear anyone call Jushin "Thunder" Liger a Power Ranger," says MVP, the newly crowned United States champion who explains that his suit is supposed to have that T.O./Under Armour feel to it. "I look at it like this: You're making fun of me in an athletic suit but a guy wearing some Speedos is perfectly OK? Explain that one to me. Or even tights. A guy is wearing tights, those are just some heavy-duty pantyhose and people in the crowd are trying to rag on me for the outfit of a world class athlete? You better look around."

I'd have to agree with him there....

I always thought his ring gear was kinda cool though

His ring gear stands out and fits perfectly for his character but that went over many people's head. I'm glad to see him name drop Liger. It's not like he's wearing Max Moon's outfit. That was a fucking Power Ranger outfit.

Thing is, the real reason MVP wears the gear? To cover up the huge Malcolm X tattoo he's got on his chest, which the office isn't exactly thrilled about. (In prison, he converted to Black Islam and changed his name to something like Hassan Assad.) Yes, really.

Steve O and Pontius are locks to be in the matches. I really don't know who will fill the last spot. Knoxville and Bam clearly have the most star power (by far) but I can't seeing them doing it. Dave, Erin, Preston, Ryan Dunn, Brandon Dico, etc. really have no connection to the casual viewer.

They might just bite and do Wee Man vs Little Boogey or something like that.

I heard they were using Bam, Ryan dunn, Preston, Pontius, Weeman and Steve O. Also Johnny Knoxville is supposed to be signed for it to. As long as Bam gets killed by Finlay and Umaga I don't mind.

Crazy Vince is just awesome. I think it will lead to him being Paranoid like Austin 2001.

I know the office tends to castrate everyone but the main eventers in the WWE to make sure they're all good li'l clones, but this company would be way better if everyone had half as much charisma as Crazy Ole Vince.

I have seen an angle similar to Crazy Vince and it can't lead to anything good. Anyone remember crazy Ric Flair in WCW circa 1999? It's only a matter of time before Shane or Linda has him committed to an asylum and we get the wacky skits from the nuthouse. Wonder if Scott Hall is available for another cameo? At least this time Hall being there might make sense.

The tattoo on MVP's chest isn't all that big. And if WWE management didn't want him to show it off, then why the hell is this picture on MVP's photo page?

jan51.jpg

Wait, didn't the last time the jackasses were involved in a wrestling angle, they laughed when they were supposed to sell something?

Yeah, the were laughing as a somewhat credible at the time, Umaga beat the shit out of them. Looked like Umaga might have worked a bit stiffer towards the end considering they were laughing and he didn't wanna look like a pussy.

Wait, didn't the last time the jackasses were involved in a wrestling angle, they laughed when they were supposed to sell something?

Yeah that one dude was being beat up by umaga and he pretty much no selled it then umaga seemed to get a bit stiff with him. Just another shining example of stupidity by mcmahon and the wwe to use these clowns. For all the increase in the buys they think they might get from this, it will easily be offset by those who aren't going to waist time buying a ppv because of them. The goal of dealing with these celebs/people out of wrestling should be to increase buy rates, ratings, and please the general wrestling audiance...ie their customers. Do these morons really do that? I mean really, who the hell is going to buy an over expensive ppv just to watch these clowns? I sure as hell won't.

The only reason I can think of for me personally to even bother checking dailymotion the next day is to see if they pulled some stupid stunt like laughing or no selling again and hoping that they honestly then got their ass handed to them.

I agree though, this is a bad idea, these guys are all about getting themselves over and will clown the wwe and the wrestlers in the process of doing so.

I'm wondering if they're settiing up a Kaufman/Lawler style worked shoot with these guys. Have them no sell, only to have the wrestlers start beating the crap out of them "for real" and hoping for contraversey.

Reguarding MVP's bodysuit, I recall hearing it had nothing to do with his prison ink, but that when he came in he had a bit of a gut on him and they wanted to hide that given the gimmick he was being brought in under. I don't know how true that is though because if motivated he could have lost that in a couple of weeks time.

According to the observer, WWE hired three writersa few weeks ago and two of them are already gone. One just didn't fit in that well and the other was a hollywood writer who didn't have a clue: At the end of a recent raw taping he went around to a lot of people and said "see you tomorrow at raw" without realising he was already at raw and that Tuesday's show was smackdown. After this, they felt they had to no choice but to let him go because he was so clueless.

According to the observer, WWE hired three writersa few weeks ago and two of them are already gone. One just didn't fit in that well and the other was a hollywood writer who didn't have a clue: At the end of a recent raw taping he went around to a lot of people and said "see you tomorrow at raw" without realising he was already at raw and that Tuesday's show was smackdown. After this, they felt they had to no choice but to let him go because he was so clueless.

The hiring policy is a little to loose if guys like this can fall through the cracks.

Reguarding MVP's bodysuit, I recall hearing it had nothing to do with his prison ink, but that when he came in he had a bit of a gut on him and they wanted to hide that given the gimmick he was being brought in under. I don't know how true that is though because if motivated he could have lost that in a couple of weeks time.

"The Wrestling Observer says that Montel Vontavious Porter's costume conceals the Malcolm X tattoo on his chest that WWE wants covered up. His birth name was Alvin Burk but he took the name Hasaan Asaad when he became a Muslim whilst in prison, though reportedly he doesn't mention his religion much at all nowadays.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, 4th June 2007"

Not that the WO is infallible, but on stuff like this, Meltzer's usually telling the truth.

Yeah that one dude was being beat up by umaga and he pretty much no selled it then umaga seemed to get a bit stiff with him. Just another shining example of stupidity by mcmahon and the wwe to use these clown... The only reason I can think of for me personally to even bother checking dailymotion the next day is to see if they pulled some stupid stunt like laughing or no selling again and hoping that they honestly then got their ass handed to them.

Of course they started laughing. Go watch anything Jackass related: every single time they do something incredibly painful, these cavemen start laughing their asses off. And if the WWE expected a retarded addict like Steve-O to change his ways just to "protect the business", then it's their goddamn stupid fault for putting him in the ring in the first place.

And yes, the creative writing team sucks. Always have, ever since they started hiring Hollywood writers. Remember when one of the chicks in the first DivaSearch read a poem to Katie Vick? She got lectured at by one of the writers.... because he had no idea who Katie Vick was. Keep in mind this was like just a year after the most infamous angle of all time. And don't forget that Brian Gerwitz hated on one of Flair's promos because Ric mentioned Bruiser Brody and Stan Hansen, and HEAD WRITER Gerwitz had never heard of either of them.

taken from DVDVR

According to the Wrestling Observer issue dated June 11th, it is slated to be 'one to three matches on the card', featuring Jackass stars as babyfaces, against WWE heels. At this point, Steve O, Chris Pontius, Wee-Man, Bam Magera, Ryan Dunn, and Preston Lacey are all signed up for it. Johnny Knoxville has indicated he is up for it, but has not signed for it as of yet.

Shane McMahon is the one spearheading the angle. HHH and Stephanie were vehemently against their involvement. Shane talked Vince into doing it, as well as Bonnie Hammer from the USA Network, who wanted more celebrity involvement on Raw, due to the recent flat ratings after WM23.

Have you guys heard of Booker T's small indy promotion PWA? I read he's had some TNA talent appearing on his shows. I can't believe Vince hasn't tried to stop this.

Looks like the ability to find a money angle dies with Vince, then.

I'm going to have to watch these matches, though. Just like last time, they're going to try to work it, laugh like morons, and get stiffed to hell...which will be even funnier, which will result in even more stiffness.