TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for June 2007

Oh great.......Edge is gonna job on Raw again, Triple H lets him know he didn't really escape.

What if a celebrity actually wanted to be a full-time / part-time wrestler and was dead serious about it by making the transition or playing both careers simutaneously? I mean like he would put his heart and soul into it, going as far as sacrificing his career as an actor, sacrificing acting time to contribute to the business? How would you feel? I mean we've had Mr. T, Lawrence Taylor, K-Fed, Steve-O, but past-time celebrity experiences were mostly just one-time deals or for a short angle, but I mean what if Celebrity X was doing it more frequently and was actually good / decent in the ring?

It would be hilarious if Edge walks out of the ring and gets counted out, 30 seconds into the match.

It's honestly a really stupid booking idea, having matches decide the draft lottery.

I absolutely love this idea. It makes sense on several levels and would no doubt get some huge heat from the crowd.

It would be hilarious if Edge walks out of the ring and gets counted out, 30 seconds into the match.

It's honestly a really stupid booking idea, having matches decide the draft lottery.

I absolutely love this idea. It makes sense on several levels and would no doubt get some huge heat from the crowd.

Plus it adds meaning to the match. There is nothing wrong with having something on the line during a match, even if it between two jobbers, which some of the matches might be.

What if a celebrity actually wanted to be a full-time / part-time wrestler and was dead serious about it by making the transition or playing both careers simutaneously? I mean like he would put his heart and soul into it, going as far as sacrificing his career as an actor, sacrificing acting time to contribute to the business?

Happened. Mongo McMichael. Not a stunning success.

I don't buy the argument that people have will wrestlers selling for Shane....Shane is a decent sized guy...you would think that a little brawling style would hurt a little

If that was the case...Why Sell for Rey Mysterio or Paul London or Kendrick or Scotty Too Hotty or Spike Dudley or X-Pac

Why would Khali sell for anyone or Big Show or Andre Back in the day

I don't buy the argument that people have will wrestlers selling for Shane....Shane is a decent sized guy...you would think that a little brawling style would hurt a little

If that was the case...Why Sell for Rey Mysterio or Paul London or Kendrick or Scotty Too Hotty or Spike Dudley or X-Pac

Why would Khali sell for anyone or Big Show or Andre Back in the day

They're all trained wrestlers who have years of experience. Just because Shane is a 'decent sized guy', doesn't mean he should go toe-to-toe with anyone. If Shane can just don a tracksuit and t-shirt and start hanging in there with people like Lashley, it makes it look like anyone can do it.

You think Vince would risk putting his only begotten son in the ring without getting him trained first? And what about the guys like Goldberg, Ultimate Warrior, Magnum TA, who just start destroying people from the getgo?

Yeah, I know Shane ain't exactly the same kind of monster specimen as those guys. But hell, he's often a better worker than half the roster, so I never mind seeing him in the ring.

Shane's a part-time worker, and even that is a stretch. It looks silly for him to wrestle a few times a year and stand up to, and hold his own against, stars. Whether he's trained or not, he's still seen as a non-wrestler, and he shouldn't be able to look competitive against the top names in the company. It makes other wrestlers look weak if they can't hold their own against people that a non-wrestler, who gets in the ring a few times a year, and can look competitive against.

I thought everyone knew Khali didn't kill the guy in the ring.... It's just some bullshit rumor someone started to make people hate him. It was the dude who he was working with's fault...not Khali's. Maybe if you looked it up instead of being so gullible, you'd see.

It wasn't the guy's fault either, that's an even bigger bullshit rumor, but maybe if you looked up the facts instead of going to wikipedia where someone who obviously works for them wrote that garbage without providing any link or actual proof whatsoever. And even though a jury found APW guilty of recklessness after less than a day...one of the reasons being that he was given no supervision, so how the fuck would they even know that?

I don't have a problem with wrestlers selling for Shane as the untrained Sane-o-mac has put on some pretty damn compelling brawls over the years, and has done things other wrestlers wouldn't have attempted. It's not like Shane is out wrestling Benoit or overpowering Lashley, he wrestled in garbage matches and usually gets the crap kicked out of him but comes back for more.

You know, there's not that much extra I can say about the Jackass angle that hasn't been said already.

Except, I just had a vision of one of them suddenly 'breaking script' mid-match and diving through the announce table, getting up like nothing happened and immediately going back to 'wrestling' again. And then my vision cut to Orlando, where Jim Cornette's head promptly exploded.

Here's the prime example of Shane's ludicrous ability to hang with wrestlers. In 2003 they did the whole crazy Kane angle and basically had Kane destroy RVD every week on TV. Kidnapped, tried to torture him, then stomped him in the actual match. Then Shane gets involved and now here's Kane selling like a mofo for Shane and having twice as hard of a time as he did with an actual wrestler.

And wasn't that the ppv where it was all pretty much title matches?

Yea and who actually bought Shane outwrestling Kurt Angle at KOTR 2001?

The storyline was that Kurt had already wrestled twice that night with Shane interfering on his behalf to make sure he had to keep wrestling. So Kurt was slightly slowed and it allowed Shane to run him in circles for a little while, anyway.

As a result of the shocking turn of events involving Mr. McMahon as Raw went off the air, the Supplemental Draft scheduled to take place tomorrow has been postponed. The Draft will now take place Sunday at noon ET right here on WWE.com.

Bryan Alvarez (www.f4wonline.com) asked a source why Mr. Kennedy was moved to Raw with an easy set-up for a feud with Edge intact. He was told Hunter complained about Raw not having enough heels.

Ken's fucked.

They telegraphed that something was gonna happen like crazy. From Vince's overacting in the ring, to his quiet walk to the back, to his loooooooooooooooooooong walk out of the arena (complete with oh-so-dramatic wrong turn), and the sustained camera shot of the limo, they were just telling viewers "Just wait, something will happen!"

And c'mon, who the hell didn't think that the limo was gonna blow up given how long they were focused on it, and from such a distance??? I myself was waiting for it to explode as soon as Vince stepped in, then stepped out (look at the footage, his foot goes in and out and in again). Plus they were showing the limo, all alone, away from everyone, in silence.

Real subtle, guys.

If WWE had been smart about this, they'd have had the walk not be so dramatic. Furthermore, they'd have had his exit be quick. There'd have been no dragging out the walk to the limo, and the limo even should have driven off and THEN exploded, from out of nowhere. And if they really wanted to add a touch of "what the hell just happened?!" they'd have had Coach or someone lead Vince to the limo, and walk away and be thrown down by the sudden blast.

You claim that WWE is no different that Sopranos or 24, Vince. If you're gonna try to emulate that, at least try to do it well.

But everything WWE did screamed "safety" and "even faker than wrestling!"

I realize it's way too early to know for sure, but when all is said and done, how do you think this Vince angle will be regarded?

From what I've read so far on websites and newsgroups, almost no one is saying "Brilliant." People are saying it's either really lame/retarded/stupid/etc or laughable.

Sure, it's got people talking, but so did the Katie Vick angle. Unless WWE has some damn good ideas for the "whodunnit" portion of the angle, this sucker is gonna tank badly, forever rendering all other Wrestlecrap content obsolete.

Bryan Alvarez (www.f4wonline.com) asked a source why Mr. Kennedy was moved to Raw with an easy set-up for a feud with Edge intact. He was told Hunter complained about Raw not having enough heels.

Ken's fucked.

Awwwwww shit. We have our first victim for Hunter Quad Tear Recovery Tour 07.