TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Dave Scherer just posted the following on the PWI board:

Speculating at all is really wrong to do. The facts are coming out. Why people can't just wait for them and stay away from the BS stories is beyond me. We have already heard a ton of misinformation here at the offices and it does no good to speculate.

Mike and I have heard what happened and are working on 100% confirming it. Trust me, it's heinous and horrible. There's no reason to wonder about things because the truth is horrible on its own.

That doesn't sound good one bit.

About speculating, what can be done to NOT speculate? When someone and their family are found dead along with "tools of death" people can only wonder what happened.

What the hell is a tool of death anyway, is it like clue where you name out shit like candlesticks?

At ECW.com they still have the Benoit section up under Superstars.

Speculating at all is really wrong to do. The facts are coming out. Why people can't just wait for them and stay away from the BS stories is beyond me. We have already heard a ton of misinformation here at the offices and it does no good to speculate.

Mike and I have heard what happened and are working on 100% confirming it. Trust me, it's heinous and horrible. There's no reason to wonder about things because the truth is horrible on its own.

... WTF!? Heinous and horrible, even moreso than it already is?? I'm literally cringing here, I have a few possible thoughts on how it could get more horrible than it already is but i almost don't want to say it out loud*

*(well out "loud" on a message board)

As I alluded to earlier, I assume you mean necrophilia?

... WTF!? Heinous and horrible, even moreso than it already is?? I'm literally cringing here, I have a few possible thoughts on how it could get more horrible than it already is but i almost don't want to say it out loud*

*(well out "loud" on a message board)

As I alluded to earlier, I assume you mean necrophilia?

Hey cmon now Triple H didn't kill people and walk around his house wearing a Kane mask....

About speculating, what can be done to NOT speculate? When someone and their family are found dead along with "tools of death" people can only wonder what happened.

There is a difference between speculating (in a sense of wonder) and condemning someone before you know all of the facts.

There is a difference between speculating (in a sense of wonder) and condemning someone before you know all of the facts.

Very good point.

Hey cmon now Triple H didn't kill people and walk around his house wearing a Kane mask....

Sorry, but to me "bizarre," "heinous" and "horrible" do point to something sexual.

The topic is buried somewhere on page ten, but the nation just went through an extreme example of what happens when the media "jumps the gun" and pressumes gult, and granted this seems more black & white than that one did, but lets not forget the Duke Lacrosse case.

BTW, couple key differences as to why the WWE goes all Soviet Union on something like this (and to the same degree Duke and the NCAA with the exception of the Big Two mens hoops and football) and the NFL (Lewis, Pacman, ect) the NBA (Kobe) and even MLB (Everyone (including Joe Jackson) except for Pete Rose) is that A) the WWE is a private entity (publicly owned but still) while sports leagues have too many moving parts going on. Does Godell have the right to tell Woody Johnson how to promote and treat his player if a Jet did something henious? No not really. They are under the same umbrella but if Johnson declares that he considers player A innocent he will march him out for apperances and such and act like nothing happened.

and B) the union in the NBA/NHL/MLB/NFL would have a field day if one of their members suddenly lost their right to earn on merchandise revenue and other streams based on promotion of the league, team and player(even posthumously in this case, probably arguing for the players' estate and/or surviving family members) because of said henious act.

Steve

wm xx http://shopzone.wwe.com/Product_detail.asp...ductId=35-00424

wm 19 which was $12 earlier is now down to $10 http://shopzone.wwe.com/product_detail.asp...&cat=SEARCH

wm 21 http://shopzone.wwe.com/product_detail.asp...&cat=SEARCH

wm 23 http://shopzone.wwe.com/product_detail.asp...&cat=SEARCH

Can't find 22 except in a package deal

(guessing 19 is the oldest wweshop carries)

When ABC, WWE and others are reporting authorities believe Benoit killed his family and then himself the only thing left to speculate is how and why the scumbag did it.

Scherer description sounds absolutely frightening. As someone else said, what could be worse than killing them. I might be way off base but I suppose he might have mutilated them or something else. I hate speculating like this but when someone words it like that, it would appear something more than just suffocating them to death occurred and it makes you wonder.

I wonder if the WWE is going about the same way editiing out Benoit like all "WWF" references.

Check out this odd one for the Summerslam 2005 DVD:

U.S. Championship with: Orlando Jordan

And then the move onto the next match.

"My second cousin is an officer with GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chirs Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room appearantly suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a seperate relationship), and his fans. He the fasioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the ballaster in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home."

"My second cousin is an officer with GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chirs Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room appearantly suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a seperate relationship), and his fans. He the fasioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the ballaster in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home."

That's been posted before and it's basically debunked because the bodies are not in the same places the police said they found them.

I wonder if the WWE is going about the same way editiing out Benoit like all "WWF" references.

What if they edited him out and it looked like Orlando was wrestling the invisible man?

If thats the case, then why would SHE kill Daniel?

What if they edited him out and it looked like Orlando was wrestling the invisible man?

If they wanted to take it to the furthest level. Don't blur the wrestler, but edit out his name at the start of the match and any mention of his name throughout the course of the match. Simply have him as a nameless face.

if thats the case, then he taps out to the air pretty damn quick.

Guest joshtothemaxx

If that's true, then that's why I'm pretty annoyed/pissed off that people are ranting around calling him a scumbag. Sure, killing your wife and self is pretty low, but he clearly loved his son and lost it. I don't have children, but if I found family members/loved ones like that, I'm not sure what would happen.

Scherer description sounds absolutely frightening. As someone else said, what could be worse than killing them. I might be way off base but I suppose he might have mutilated them or something else. I hate speculating like this but when someone words it like that, it would appear something more than just suffocating them to death occurred and it makes you wonder.

I'm starting to lean that way...

When ABC, WWE and others are reporting authorities believe Benoit killed his family and then himself the only thing left to speculate is how and why the scumbag did it.

This is stupid.

Anyway.

This is pretty shocking and when all the info comes out I think you can decide what really happend.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but he said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

According to Pope, there were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation or strangulation.

Personally, I don't care. I enjoyed the guys wrestling, had some pretty good conversations with the guy a few times, met his kid once, so yeah, its sad and all, but if he did it, then he did it, if he didn't he didn't. Damning him to hell isn't going to change a thing. The only thing that will change is if there is a best of beniot DVD that will be released or if he will never be mentioned again on WWE TV.

On a side note, the first time I met him, it was with him, Brian Pillman, Eddie Guerro and DDP.

Alls i am saying is DDP...dude....watchout.

Just posted on TMZ.com

TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ prior to confirmation from the coroner's office, initial reports say that Benoit strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself in a weight room inside the family home.

A police investigation is ongoing.