TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Is it too far-fetched to believe that Nancy was the one that did the killing?

I mean, that's as bizarre as I can think. My wife actually posed the question when we talked about it last night. I'm not sure how I feel about anything right now. Part of me just doesn't want to know what happened.

Has anyone heard any comments from Chris Jericho yet?

nothing seems to have been officially released by him. No mention of it on his web site as of yet

J.R. seemed to make it clear on Raw that Jericho had been informed. It wouldn't surprise me to see something soon.

Guys. it has been confirmed that it was a double murder - suicide. WWE.Com has posted that. IT is a fact.

It's a fact that it's BELIEVED to be a double murder-suicide.

And remember, two weeks ago WWE was reporting Vince McMahon's death

Not to mention the fact that it's possible Nancy killed Daniel leading to Benoit killing her then himself...

That would be kind of hard, seeing that Nancy died first, believed to die on Saturday and Daniel died on Sunday.

Has anyone heard any comments from Chris Jericho yet?

nothing seems to have been officially released by him. No mention of it on his web site as of yet

J.R. seemed to make it clear on Raw that Jericho had been informed. It wouldn't surprise me to see something soon.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to hear from Jericho on this one. The Eddie situation a few years ago was pretty hard on him, and I beleieve he was a bit closer to Benoit.

Hopefully we all get to hear the whole story before we jump into conclusions (even though all the evidences are pointing that Benoit killed his family) in the meanwhile all we can do is sit and wait.

Guys. it has been confirmed that it was a double murder - suicide. WWE.Com has posted that. IT is a fact.

Not to mention the fact that it's possible Nancy killed Daniel leading to Benoit killing her then himself...

That would be kind of hard, seeing that Nancy died first, believed to die on Saturday and Daniel died on Sunday.

There's no real confirmation of the days they died, it's all speculation.

Has it been confirmed whether Chris Benoit was called by his wife sometime over the weekend, which is why he went home? If that in fact happened, it would give the "Nancy did it" thought some credibility.

I'm just completely stunned over this. Had he died from drug abuse or something, at least it would be understandable. But instead he goes out and commits the most dispicable act that humans are capable of. I honestly don't know if I will be able to enjoy wrestling or trust anybody involved in the industry again.

if it ends up being more bizarre than that then I don't wanna know.

Bizarre is an odd word for the police to throw about, though.

Because, even as horrific as it is, a husband killing his wife and son then himself does happen, sadly, and wouldn't warrant bizarre in its own right...

With the rumored time table and the fact that a firearm wasn't used makes the entire situation rather strange. If Benoit did do all of this himself, it really has to be the story of a complete mental breakdown.

The instruments of death, I assume, would be needles and steroids.

Perhaps he knocked them out and then gave them an overdose, before doing the same himself...

Actually, I was thinking a noose if he hung himself.

There's no real confirmation of the days they died, it's all speculation.

That's why I said "BELIEVED" in my statement.

Not for nothing,but when a medical examiner visits a death scene, they can pretty much tell who has been dead longer from the moment they see the bodies.

EXACTLY. Has anyone here ever had a conversation with Chris Benoit that was deeper than an autograph signing gab session "hey man I really like your work"? I doubt it. We didn't know this man. Didn't know anything about him, other than he was good at professional wrestling.

Hey J.

I have. Knew alot of the old WCW crew. Sat in the booth next to Chris and Dean once (I was with two friends who had wrestled a dark match for WCW taping). Talked to him backstage a few times, heard stories (all good).

Kinda stunned still.

I'm just completely stunned over this. Had he died from drug abuse or something, at least it would be understandable. But instead he goes out and commits the most dispicable act that humans are capable of. I honestly don't know if I will be able to enjoy wrestling or trust anybody involved in the industry again.

But it's quite possible all this happened b/c of the same reason: 'roids. Whether it's 'roid rage/'roid psychosis/'roid induced depression, or a death because of complications from roid use, it's all due to the same thing: long-term 'roid use. What I think would be interesting to find out, ultimately, is if Benoit either had a long psychiatric history vs. dementia/brain damage from repeated concussions (ala NFL players) vs. roids possibly causing this.

I think we need to hear the whole story before we really decide if he's this horrible guy and what not........if he was suffering from mental illness....

If he did it, comments like this are as tasteless as the jokes people were complaining about. Seriously. I liked the guy in the ring and was shocked when the news first broke yesterday. But if it turns out he killed his wife and CHILD, then there should be know, "well, let's get the whole story on why he did it." No. It doesn't matter why he did it. Nothing can excuse him killing a child.

If it's true, I really don't know how anyone will be able to watch, let alone ENJOY a Chris Benoit match. I know I'd just be thinking the whole time, "This man killed his seven-year-old son." To hell with separating performer from the man. It's not like he robbed a bank or something.

But it's quite possible all this happened b/c of the same reason: 'roids. Whether it's 'roid rage/'roid psychosis/'roid induced depression, or a death because of complications from roid use, it's all due to the same thing: long-term 'roid use. What I think would be interesting to find out, ultimately, is if Benoit either had a long psychiatric history vs. dementia/brain damage from repeated concussions (ala NFL players) vs. roids possibly causing this.

There is a difference between his body breaking down ala Davey Boy Smith and snapping and killing his family. There is no excuse for what he did.

EXACTLY. Has anyone here ever had a conversation with Chris Benoit that was deeper than an autograph signing gab session "hey man I really like your work"? I doubt it. We didn't know this man. Didn't know anything about him, other than he was good at professional wrestling.

Hey J.

I have. Knew alot of the old WCW crew. Sat in the booth next to Chris and Dean once (I was with two friends who had wrestled a dark match for WCW taping). Talked to him backstage a few times, heard stories (all good).

Kinda stunned still.

Oh God. I didn't realize!

How are YOU holding up, Stephen?

For all of you that are worried or are skeptical of the media coming down on the wrestling industry; you're a bunch of fucking retards. Look at how many people have died young, look at the reasons, and you want to protect this sacred business? It's a carnival act plain and simple filled with mostly douchebags. I'd say what it would take for people to realize that there is something seriously wrong with this form of business, but if you STILL want to see the industry protected or not see it shown in a bad light after something like this, then there's no hope for you. A man and his family are dead, and some of you are wondering whether or not pro wrestling will be shown in a bad light. Pathetic.

I saw the HBO special about pro wrestling deaths on dailymotion yesterday. While I wouldn't blame Vince for this before hearing all the facts, watching that still makes me think I'm looking at a despicable human being who is capable of anything really. That's not hyperbole either, just look at what he did with Jimmy Snuka.

There is absolutely NO excuse for killing your family. I see alot of comments saying "well, maybe he was mentally ill" "maybe it was the roids" "maybe it was post concussion dementia".........it doesn't matter. If the guy actually killed his family then there is no excuse or any way to make him seem better or forgivable in any light.

There is a difference between his body-breaking down ala Davey Boy Smith and snapping and killing his family. There is no excuse for what he did.

I agree, but the same problem quite possibly is the same problem that keeps reoccurring in this industry for the last twenty-thirty years: 'Roids and their effects. And if that is, in fact the case, everyone, including the fans ( like me) who like seeing the wrestlers look cartoonish, are somewhat to blame. Let's never forget that Benoit and Eddie would have NEVER been given their championship runs if they didn't look the part (ie, use roids). I firmly believe this.

I think we need to hear the whole story before we really decide if he's this horrible guy and what not........if he was suffering from mental illness....

If he did it, comments like this are as tasteless as the jokes people were complaining about. Seriously. I liked the guy in the ring and was shocked when the news first broke yesterday. But if it turns out he killed his wife and CHILD, then there should be know, "well, let's get the whole story on why he did it." No. It doesn't matter why he did it. Nothing can excuse him killing a child.

If it's true, I really don't know how anyone will be able to watch, let alone ENJOY a Chris Benoit match. I know I'd just be thinking the whole time, "This man killed his seven-year-old son." To hell with separating performer from the man. It's not like he robbed a bank or something.

I'm sorry people suffering from mental illness do things they generally wouldn't do.....I understand not everyone understands what a mental illness is and some people get all self righteous and act like it isn't a valid excuse.

If you've ever known anyone who has an issue with it you know they really are not themselves at times......especially if it's untreated or they are unmedicated. It's truly horrible that people are dead but to act like if he was suffering from something isn't anything to mention is frankly a sad statement also.

I know its easy to say hey he's a fucker, fry this guy fry that guy......but people who suffer from that sort of things do think they wouldn't normally do....you do have to understand that aswell.

I think tings like mental illness, depression and the like are glossed over by far to many people.....do you understand how devastating clinical depression is and what it can cause a person to do? I'm not making an excuse, it's still a horrible thing but it would also explain why Benoit would do something so out of character for him.

Hey J.

Kinda stunned still.

Oh God. I didn't realize!

How are YOU holding up, Stephen?

Shocked a bit. Been so removed from wrestling that its kinda hearing about someone you went to high school with. I texted a few TNA friends to see if they had heard anything. All I've gotten back is essentially the same thing: shock, sadness, WTF, I don't know, kind of stuff.

There is absolutely NO excuse for killing your family. I see alot of comments saying "well, maybe he was mentally ill" "maybe it was the roids" "maybe it was post concussion dementia".........it doesn't matter. If the guy actually killed his family then there is no excuse or any way to make him seem better or forgivable in any light.

I think you should speak with a professional about it.......these are serious problems alot of people aren't aware of the severity of them......it causes normal people to do something that Benoit has likely done here....It's far more serious an issue than you make it out to be here where you are basically like "fuck him he should be able to control that" It's akin to being normal for the most part but blacking out like being drunk and waking up.....

Do you understand what clinical depression and dementia are?

This is more a general post than a comment on Benoit, Like I was saying earlier it seems people have very little sympathy for these people like they all should be able to control these problems and they're just fuck ups and it's nothing serious.......it's really not like that at all.

From PWInsider:

WWE YANKS ALL CHRIS BENOIT MERCHANDISE FROM SHOPZONE WEBSITE

by Mike Johnson @ 10:42:00 AM on 6/26/2007

In light of the Benoit family tragedy, WWE's Shopzone merchandise website has pulled all merchandise related to Chris Benoit. Searches for Benoit's name in the website's search engine are returned "discontinued."

Benoit's name has been removed to the degree that the listing for the DVD of Wrestlemania XX now reads, "Triple H defends his World Heavyweight Championship against Shawn Michaels."

Again, I sense few people, if any, would be so defensive for a possible child murderer if it weren't such a beloved entertainer.

This is Duke "The Dumpster" Droese in Benoit's place, we're all speculating what he's doing in Hell right now, not saying, "Well, maybe he had a mental illness."

Jesus Christ, why don't you people get some confirmation that he killed his family before you either crucify him or assume he was mentally deranged. Stop trying to make excuses or prematurely come to conclusions, and wait till ALL the facts are out. That way you don't have to speculate the hell out of this mess.

I can't wait to see all the diving headbutt tributes on youtube with a bunch of kids jumping off of their roof and comments like "RIP GREATEST EVER" and "FUCK YOU HES MURDERER".

What makes it worse is the fact that he has pictures of Benoit all over his sig, for some reason it makes me feel uncomfortable just looking at them knowing that he might be a sick murderer.

Again, I sense few people, if any, would be so defensive for a possible child murderer if it weren't such a beloved entertainer.

This is Duke "The Dumpster" Droese in Benoit's place, we're all speculating what he's doing in Hell right now, not saying, "Well, maybe he had a mental illness."

Now I wouldn't do that so don't lump me in...........I've been very interested in all of the new concussion related to mental illness issues and have been studying alot of it in general as of late.

I'm not saying it's a valid excuse that completely validates him killing people, but it would explain the complete change in his demeanor. I also wouldn't wish him to burn knowing that I'd know that he was a troubled man that had a serious problem he couldn't handle and did something he wouldn't have done in his right mind....

I know it's hard for some people to fathom what mental illness is.