TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I'd only like to see a couple things more, everyone seems to be reposting and saying mainly the same things...

A.) What were the text messages sent to Chavo.

B.) What was the time line of death?

C.) What is the bizaar thing that the Police mentioned?

CNN just reported the Benoit story as their second story on CNN Newsroom, after the California wild fire but before the Paris Hilton release, so they seem to have their priorities straight. It was a very straight forward report that included the possible double homicide / suicide investigation.

I still can't wrap my head quite around all this. To take someone whose work I respected for so long, and then to go to this...

It blows my mind.

At this point I need more information. Just in the hopes that I can grasp a little bit about what could be going on with the case.

Has their ever been a story as terrible as this one in pro wrestling? I mean, there was the Bruisy Brody story but this one is worse because it involves a man killing his own wife, and son, and then taking his own life (if the reports are true).

What I want to know is why kill your wife on Saturday, then kill your son the next day, and then proceed to kill yourself the day after that. That doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't his son have noticed Nancy being dead on Saturday?

With the whole Vince storyline coupled with the Benoit tragedy, wouldn't this make more of the marks (specifically children) realize the "truth" about wrestling, seeing as many of them likely saw the Vince explanation yesterday?

Has their ever been a story as terrible as this one in pro wrestling? I mean, there was the Bruisy Brody story but this one is worse because it involves a man killing his own wife, and son, and then taking his own life (if the reports are true).

What I want to know is why kill your wife on Saturday, then kill your son the next day, and then proceed to kill yourself the day after that. That doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't his son have noticed Nancy being dead on Saturday?

Mental illness is a terrible thing..........

as for MF'er I think most fans realize what wrestling really is....

I would say it's the most shocking death since Owen Hart. Every death was a tragic event, but guys like Curt Hennig and Eddie Guerrero had personal problems that led to their deaths. Chris Benoit always seemed like one of the genuine nice guys in professional wrestling, just like Owen Hart. I never heard of any type of drug problems with him. It'll be interesting to hear the details as they are released and perhaps will get some idea of why this had to happen.

with the timeline and information gathered this is what the most bizarre thing ever would be to me.

Nancy calls home Benoit early Sat saying there's a tragedy. Benoit comes home to find son dead. Distraught he text messages Chavo about it who then tells Chris about a place the Native Americans use to go to bury their dead. The soil has since turned sour though and he should not go burrying his young up there. Benoit ignores his friend's advice and does so anyways.

Sometime early Sunday child comes back but is not quite himself. Child kills Nancy and Benoit is forced to kill child. Thinking perhaps there had just been too much time inbetween the child's death and the burial he opts to try with Nancy. Nancy comes back Sunday night with the same evil glow in her eyes that the child had. Chris is forced to take her life.

By Mon Chris is so stricken with grief and guilt that he takes his own life.

if it ends up being more bizarre than that then I don't wanna know.

What happened to Jarrett's wife? Never heard about that.

She died of cancer........she had been battling with it for years, she went into remission at one point yet it came back.

Bizarre is an odd word for the police to throw about, though.

Because, even as horrific as it is, a husband killing his wife and son then himself does happen, sadly, and wouldn't warrant bizarre in its own right...

Guest beau99
What happened to Jarrett's wife? Never heard about that.

She had breast cancer since 1990. She lost her battle this past March.

I know it says the police "believed" Benoit killed Nancy and Daniel, but is it possible that someone else killed them and when Chris saw this he killed himself?

I know it says the police "believed" Benoit killed Nancy and Daniel, but is it possible that someone else killed them and when Chris saw this he killed himself?

perhaps. maybe there could be something inconsistent at the scene that doesn't seem to make sense (not that it should make sense)

Because, even as horrific as it is, a husband killing his wife and son then himself does happen, sadly, and wouldn't warrant bizarre in its own right...

With the rumored time table and the fact that a firearm wasn't used makes the entire situation rather strange. If Benoit did do all of this himself, it really has to be the story of a complete mental breakdown.

From the WO update, this makes me really worried:

ABC has reported that “instruments of death” were found at the scene and that the wrestling industry itself is about to come under heavy media scrutiny.

Guest George's Box
with the timeline and information gathered this is what the most bizarre thing ever would be to me.

Nancy calls home Benoit early Sat saying there's a tragedy. Benoit comes home to find son dead. Distraught he text messages Chavo about it who then tells Chris about a place the Native Americans use to go to bury their dead. The soil has since turned sour though and he should not go burrying his young up there. Benoit ignores his friend's advice and does so anyways.

Sometime early Sunday child comes back but is not quite himself. Child kills Nancy and Benoit is forced to kill child. Thinking perhaps there had just been too much time inbetween the child's death and the burial he opts to try with Nancy. Nancy comes back Sunday night with the same evil glow in her eyes that the child had. Chris is forced to take her life.

By Mon Chris is so stricken with grief and guilt that he takes his own life.

It was a dark and stormy night.

Chris Benoit was summoned home by Nancy, who was coughing up blood, along with her son Daniel. (Syntactical ambiguity [sic].) It turned out that they had lunar parasites which attacked the respiratory system as well as the nervous system, causing the hosts to be mind-controlled. They teamed up to try and kill Benoit, so he killed them out of self-defense, then he got the parasites, and before his mind was taken over, he killed himself too. The end.

With the rumored time table and the fact that a firearm wasn't used makes the entire situation rather strange. If Benoit did do all of this himself, it really has to be the story of a complete mental breakdown.

The instruments of death, I assume, would be needles and steroids.

Perhaps he knocked them out and then gave them an overdose, before doing the same himself...

ABC has reported that “instruments of death” were found at the scene and that the wrestling industry itself is about to come under heavy media scrutiny.

They could have died of natural causes and the media would still take the opportunity to take their shots at the wrestling industry.

Guest flairfan

Guys. it has been confirmed that it was a double murder - suicide. WWE.Com has posted that. IT is a fact.

Well, I read that they found a lot of steroids in his house, so that may cover the "heavy media scrutiny" part. The instruments of death may be needles or cords for stranglation.

Guys. it has been confirmed that it was a double murder - suicide. WWE.Com has posted that. IT is a fact.

not that I'm doubting you or wwe.com, but I'll wait until the investigation has been concluded before I start sifting through the facts.

As it stands right now, however, it certainly is looking like a double murder - suicide.

Has anyone heard any comments from Chris Jericho yet?

nothing seems to have been officially released by him. No mention of it on his web site as of yet

It's a fact that it's BELIEVED to be a double murder-suicide.

And remember, two weeks ago WWE was reporting Vince McMahon's death

Damn...at first you feel sad for Chris, being that he's someone that all of us respected, now the idea that he kills his wife and son. I don't know what to think now.

It's a fact that it's BELIEVED to be a double murder-suicide.

And remember, two weeks ago WWE was reporting Vince McMahon's death

Not to mention the fact that it's possible Nancy killed Daniel leading to Benoit killing her then himself...

I think we need to hear the whole story before we really decide if he's this horrible guy and what not........if he was suffering from mental illness....