TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

I hope that you never have to deal with a family member or a loved one who suffers from a severe mental illness. Or maybe if you did, you'd realize it wasn't so fucking cut and dry as to why they do the things they do.

I have, genius. I still don't think it justifies killing your family. Who cares why he did it? He DID it. I'm sure the 20 years of bumps and steroids damaged his psyche, but guess what? Those were decisions he made.

I just learned about this thing this morning, a link provided by mom about the deaths, and have been keeping up with this thread ever since. Geezus. Not two days ago I was in the WWE folder about the McMahon thing. I haven’t watched WWE programming in… three years? Maybe four.

The fact that he tied her up prior to the death, aside from being some guro fantasy come to life, is just so fucked up beyond words. I’m confused about the schedule of events. He drove home from the show the night he killed his wife, or a few days before? The ropes pretty much say the murder wasn’t in a fit of rage. Pretty much negates Nancy killing the son first, as well.

The fact that he could watch the PPV with his son with his wife’s corpse upstairs or down the hall sickens me beyond words.

I’d love to know what prompted him to do all this to begin with. Theories anyone? It wasn’t a snap decision, like an argument gone bad. He planned it out. Had to have. You don’t tie your wife up and suddenly decide to kill her, just like that.

Man, the more I find out the more I wish I was ignorant to the matter. Its damn unbelievable, a hero and inspiration to me and my friend to go to wrestling training and all of this happening. The only thing I can imagine would have been him finding out that Daniel wasn't his Son and Nancy had been cheating on him, but damn man, of all the people it was Chris Benoit.

He was CHRIS BENOIT.

Whether it's roid rage or not, we know one thing for sure: the WWE wellness program/testing is a crock.

It always was. The whole entire thing was window dressing to keep the dogs at bay, after Eddie died.

No such luck will happen this time.

What alot of people don't understand about mental illness and crime is that it's never an excuse, but it can make a bad situation worse. For instance, maybe Benoit already had a short fuse, and was already a bit of a screwjob. In addition, maybe he's genetically predisposed to being hotheaded. Still this wouldn't make him want to kill his family like that. But throw in a lifetime of head trauma and pharmaceutical abuse with steroids, pain killers and what not, and that can push him over the edge and make him do things he normally wouldn't. It's never one or the other.

Whether it's roid rage or not, we know one thing for sure: the WWE wellness program/testing is a crock.

We all knew that but if challenged they'd simply say he had them legally by prescription as they said there.....They didn't say he had illegal drugs.

The bibles thing creeps me out. And the reporters stretching for info was annoying "Were the bibles open? Were they identical?"

I can understand it, though, since they were really hesitant to disclose much new information.

at the end of the day you have got to feel like hindsight directs to Chris Benoit ending his own life.

and yes, everyone should listen to the Fight Network Radio stream.

I hope that you never have to deal with a family member or a loved one who suffers from a severe mental illness. Or maybe if you did, you'd realize it wasn't so fucking cut and dry as to why they do the things they do.

I have, genius. I still don't think it justifies killing your family.

Wow. It's amazing that you managed to quote my post, but missed the entire point of the first sentence you cut out.

I just said. It's not a justification but a possible reason. Again, look up the differences. I'm done with you. Piss off already.

man i just dont know what to think, to think Benoit was one of my favorites and then to think hes a cold blooded killer, if there are prayers to say, say them for Nancy and for Daniel and their families

Trace Gallagher on fox news finally got it across on national media about the huge number of deaths of young wrestlers in the last 10 years. Hopefully some good can come from this.

The bibles thing creeps me out. And the reporters stretching for info was annoying "Were the bibles open? Were they identical?"

Actually, that's the only ting that makes me a little/tiny bit better. As in " I did an awful thing but I hope they at least go to heaven" sort of thing. Hoping that Benoit had at least one moment of clarity/lucidity before he died.

Guest joshtothemaxx

There's no rationalizing what he did. The outcome has the stink of a crazed lunatic, or religious cult-ish practice. I doubt any of us here would understand what in the hell was going on in his mind over the weekend.

man the folks on fox are really really hitting the wwe/wrestling hard with regard to all the young deaths and talking about big consequences for wrestling if its found out this was roid rage. this could be a monumental turning point in wrestling

Here is the TMZ report:

Officials have confirmed the horrifying details in the deaths of wrestling superstar Chris Benoit and his family.

In a statement by a member of the Fayetteville Sheriff's Department, "Mr, Benoit had sometime, possibly Friday, murdered his wife by asphyxiation. Sometime shortly after that, the same for his son Daniel and sometime later ... committed suicide by hanging himself in the basement area."

According to officials, Nancy was bound at the wrists and feet, with a towel wrapped around her body, and blood was found underneath her head. A Bible was also reportedly found near each one of the bodies.

Police have also confirmed that prescription drugs and steroids were found in the house.

Benoit was found hanging in a weight room in his house. Cops say that he used a cord from one of his workout machines as a makeshift noose. Authorities also believe that Benoit died on Saturday.

Their timeline makes more sense now instead of that BS that was being reported earlier. Friday for nancy, saturday morning for daniel and later saturday for Chris.

Trace Gallagher on fox news finally got it across on national media about the huge number of deaths of young wrestlers in the last 10 years. Hopefully some good can come from this.

It is clear Vince can't/won't police the business himself. The only way things would change is if the congress got involved.

Actually, that's the only ting that makes me a little/tiny bit better. As in " I did an awful thing but I hope they at least go to heaven" sort of thing. Hoping that Benoit had at least one moment of clarity/lucidity before he died.

Get the hell out of here? that makes it even more sick. You don't kill your own blood and your wife, and then put a bible next to them to hope they get in heaven.

I dont know what to say except that i am sick and discusted by this, like some1 said i went from loving the guy to absolutely hating him. *sigh* this is just too sick to believe. Im trying to put into words everything that im feeling but it just too fucked up to even come up with everything.

We all knew that but if challenged they'd simply say he had them legally by prescription as they said there.....They didn't say he had illegal drugs.

Well, as a physician myself, I'd be really interested to see who they trace this prescription to. I mean, maybe he was given anabolic steroids temporarily after his neck surgery (I'm pretty sure he did get these legally), but there is absolutely no justification in the literature of neck surgeries of continuing anabolic steroids past 6-8 months (AT MOST; and even this is controversial) after neck surgery. But I guarantee that the doctor who wrote the prescription will attribute them to his neck.

Guest joshtothemaxx

Exactly what I was thinking. Not that it makes it any nicer, but I really hope he was truly regretful for what was done and wasn't some madman on a rampage trying to channel Marshall Applewhite.

I know where your going with this. Maybe he tried to repent his sins, or make sure they were taken care of in the after life. But after hearing how he killed them, the fact that he tied Nancy up, and he killed a fucking 7 year old in cold blood certainly does not make me feel any better.

It is clear Vince can't/won't police the business himself. The only way things would change is if the congress got involved.

This is the end of Vince, make no mistake.

I consider those odds minimal honestly.....it's a big story but I'd put the odds below 10% that congress would do something.

I don't think anything long-term will end up happening out of this whole mess. For a while, there might be a lot of talk about steroids and their dangers, but I think that despite the magnitude of what happened the fact that it involves wrestling will see people very quickly not care enough to keep up the pressure and things will eventually wind up as before, with all the attention on 'real sports' and wrestling going back under the radar.

You have to think with the election in 2008 that one of these candidates (probably one of the minor ones) is going to latch on this story and use for their own agenda...bad news for Vince.

They might be able to explain benoit's prescriptions but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see people like bobby lashley are so jacked up on steroids. If mcmahon and the wwe didn't put such huge pressure on wrestlers to look a certain way and frown upon anyone taking time off to heal up, things could be a lot better...at least with respect to current and former wwe stars. I have a feeling Mcmahon is going to rule the day they decided not to enforce the wellness policy more and take this shit seriously.

This is the end of Vince, make no mistake.

I consider highly melodramatic and over the top to be honest...