TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

They replayed some clips of Vince on the Today show. He's definitely doing whatever he can to try to keep all the negative talk away from WWE, which I guess he should, but he knows a ton more than he's letting on (in regards to the steroids and the lifestyle and all that other stuff).

Thing is about Benoit's career: He is the Pete Rose of wrestling in terms of the WWE hall of Fame. However, what he already has done in terms of title histories will stay forever, because they can't change the past. But, I think that the WWE is best in not showing anyway of making a profit off of Benoit. No more t-shirts, no more DVDs about him, not talking about him on TV. The only ways Benoit does get on DVDs is his matches that were on PPVs. If they make an Edge DVD and want to put money in the bank I, they need to show the match. Just not talk about Benoit as a selling point.

As for a union, I doubt there will ever be a wrestler's union, maybe some ideas that help keep people from dying so young, but a union itself would never happen. Do you think JBL or Taker would want equal footing with the Miz? I doubt it.

The problem with the OJ talks is that OJ was already in the Hall and won the Heisman, that are things they can never take away from him. Plus OJ is a free man, he was tried by his peers. If the NFL wanted to make a show honoring the best RBs of all time, they can have OJ show up and not be guilty of anything since he was innocent of all crimes.

The real question isn't so much who else deserves blame, or how much does steroids factor into this. It is "How can a father kill his son and wife, before taking his own life?" That question isn't as simple as she cheated(so what?), Roid Rage(events over too long of a period), over worked(Don't see JBL or Edge doing this), drugs(CM Punk can live a drug free life), drunken rage(maybe), kid's condition(many parents deal with things like this, not all of them choke out their kid), many factors more. I think what would have been best for him if he didn't want to see Nancy leave him or he couldn't deal with the kid, is just hang himself and save everyone else their lives. It would been best not to kill everyone else because he was turning into a subhuman monster.

As far as the OJ-Benoit comparisons, I know I mentioned it way back somewhere. After the murder trial and so on, Simpson's accomplishments don't get as much mention, if at all. Pro football experts go out of their way to not mention him in the same breath as Jim Brown, Walter Payton, etc...as far as all-time great running backs. Pete Rose is the same way...yes we can't ignore the fact he's the all-time hits leader but the experts don't mention him. In fact, IIRC, when Rose was named to the All-Century team back in '99 Selig was looking for a way to keep him off the field when the team was going to be presented. In the process of not looking like you're profiting off someone, they will stop being mentioned.

We're going to see the same thing with Benoit...Vince will try to not look like he's trying to profit off his being gone, but in the process it's going to be an issue of "Out of sight, out of mind." Is that fair...probably not as far as Benoit should be mentioned with the all-time greats. Alas, we're not going to be able to separate his accomplishments from his final acts upon this earth.

Benoit House show results

Hardcore death match: Chris Benoit d Nancy Benoit via submission

Submission death match: Chris Benoit d David Benoit via chokehold

Hang 'em high match: Weight machine cord d Chris Benoit via chokehold

Attendance: 3

At least Chris did the honors on his way out the door

Yeah, I'm banned...whatever

So, then you created an account to unleash this gem on us? You could've at least had the right name for the kid.

Idiot.

So, then you created an account to unleash this gem on us? You could've at least had the right name for the kid.

Idiot.

Yeah, looks like a lot of dumb ass n00bs having been joining over the last few weeks and have been dropping these classic posts.

Fucking idiots

Guest beau99
Couple of my co-workers brought their young kids to work yesterday, and looking at them I just got more sicker and angrier at this situation. Hell even thinking about my 15 month year old nephew makes me even more angrier at the late Chris ()$*$#&(#$*^$()()&*(#&$#^ Benoit and if there is a hell, well there is a special place for Benoit.

I'm not trying to be funny here, but to paraphrase Tony Schivone, "Chris Benoit, you can go to hell, straight to hell."

As a Christian, I assure you that even murderers (including Benoit) can reach Heaven under certain circumstances, such as repenting.

The way I look at things, Chris knew he was guilty, so he repented by ending his own life. Disagree with me all you wish, hell, call me an asshole if you want, but this is my view on things and you can't change it.

Idiot.

Yeah, looks like a lot of dumb ass n00bs having been joining over the last few weeks and have been dropping these classic posts.

Fucking idiots

Some people have a lot of free time. :huh:

Couple of my co-workers brought their young kids to work yesterday, and looking at them I just got more sicker and angrier at this situation. Hell even thinking about my 15 month year old nephew makes me even more angrier at the late Chris ()$*$#&(#$*^$()()&*(#&$#^ Benoit and if there is a hell, well there is a special place for Benoit.

I'm not trying to be funny here, but to paraphrase Tony Schivone, "Chris Benoit, you can go to hell, straight to hell."

As a Christian, I assure you that even murderers (including Benoit) can reach Heaven under certain circumstances, such as repenting.

The way I look at things, Chris knew he was guilty, so he repented by ending his own life. Disagree with me all you wish, hell, call me an asshole if you want, but this is my view on things and you can't change it.

You can try and justify it however you see fit, but repenting for something you're about to do is in fact the exact opposite of repentance.

EDIT: Taking your own life, as well, is not an act of repentance. Unless you're Catholic and the Pope declares it is

I look at it this way, he doesn't deserve to live for the acts he committed at his house. However, I think he saved the state of Georgia a few million dollars in trials and appeals that would last upwards of 20 years before the state performed the just punishment. I think its for the best he isn't around for the media circus that a trial would bring.

About what I expected from the Today Show appearance, Vince McMahon should have expected it as well.

Actually I REALLY liked one part of it. Meridith or however you spell her name, said something along the lines of "you make so much money off of these guys" and then asked why more isn't done for them or something like that.

People still on the steroid thing, huh?

I would think Andre Waters, Ted Johnson, Terry Long, Justin Strzelczyk, Mike Webster and countless others would show the obvious link to what was probably wrong with Chris, but yeah, lets blame steroids because he worked for the WWE.

Funny thing, if the tox reports come back and say "there were no steroids in his system" its going to turn to, "Well, he was just cycling off, and all the steroids he took in the past caused this" once again ignoring that depression, demensia are both symptoms of having multiple concussions.

Is the Jimmy Snuka story really true or just an old urban legend? I've never heard Dave, Bob, Alex or anyone with any bit credibility ever mention it.

If true, someone post some links to the story and we'll forward them to the news outlets. It'd be interesting to see how the media twist that one up.

Marvez seems pretty happy a technical error kept him off Nancy Grace.

I figured his head exploded after Nancy Grace asked Bret if Benoit was upset about being demoted from the Four Horsemen to Raw.

On a sidenote, is there a reason that every media person becomes a bumbling idiot when it comes to the subject of wrestling? Would it kill them to take an hour or two and do some research? I worry how much they SNAFU other news.

Why anyone would agree to go on that bitch's show is a mystery to me. Just about everyone who is aware of her knows how much of a bitch she is and how she still think she is a prosecutor. It was never more apparent than when she kept going after that mother who's son or daughter had been killed (or kidnapped) and the mother ended up killing herself after appearing on her show. Well that wasn't enough for Nancy ungracefull as she went after the mother day after day, after she killed herself. She is complete slime and she is well know within the media community as a grade A bitch

I figured his head exploded after Nancy Grace asked Bret if Benoit was upset about being demoted from the Four Horsemen to Raw.

On a sidenote, is there a reason that every media person becomes a bumbling idiot when it comes to the subject of wrestling? Would it kill them to take an hour or two and do some research? I worry how much they SNAFU other news.

It really is amazing how little research these so called journalists do. It makes you wonder about everything they report on because if they are THIS BAD about this story, everything else must be too. It really makes me sick that every day since this broke, they group every wrestler into the category of freaks and evil bastards. I mean for gods sake, geraldo last night was the perfect representation...I so wish someone would punch him in the mouth.

Eh. Its not just wrestling. They do the same thing with other subjects. Like on Bill o'reilly when they were were talking about the gangsta rapper Acorn losing his Verizon sponsorship. Accompanied by video of TI with "ACORN" underneath it.

There was so much wrong with that picture .

I'm asking the same question about some people on this forum regarding steroids.

I don't have anything to contribute to this topic, but it was surreal seeing Bret on Fox News talking about Chris' death and mentioning Eddie's as well... :(

We're not reporters though, Shinj.

It's our God and/or Science given right to complain on the internet about things we don't know.

I'm more referring to the people who continually refuse to believe certain things despite being presented with evidence that suggests otherwise. Call it the "you know who" syndrome.