TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

If it turns out Chris did murder Nancy and Daniel, WWE will be distancing themselves from him for the forseeable future, which really, really, really fucking sucks. It's hard because you want to honor a colleague, but how can you honor someone who murdered his wife and kid? Even if he was unstable.

(I apologize if this point was already brought up, but I'm not going back to read 24+ pages)

They can't and they shouldn't.

To try to get back to some sort of seriousness again in this thread, I can't even fathom to imagine how guys like Chavo, Malenko, etc, must be feeling right now, not just to lose a dear friend, but now hearing the circumstances and information leaked behind the deaths - just how their best friend apparently killed his own wife and son. And imagine how Benoit's other kids are feeling right now?!! Shit like that is why I can't get over how some of you are taking this as something to fucking joke about. This is all really fucked up.....from the details behind the deaths to the way its treated here. Its a tragedy all the same, REGARDLESS of the way it occured.

Guest The Minor Threat

I think it's curious enough that he was sending text messages. Seriously, "text messaging" is somewhere near "murdering his kid and wife" on the list of things I wouldn't ever suspect Chris Benoit would do.

From TMZ:

My second cousin is an officer with GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chris Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room apparently suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a separate relationship), and his fans. He then fashioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the banister in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home.

Where is this on TMZ?

I've loved Benoit ever since I was a little kid when he first started in WCW. I remember when I met him backstage after WCW Nitro in May 1996 (the Scott Hall debut show) and he was so nice to me and my friend, I never forgot any of it.

The last time I have (and likely ever will) freaked out in happiness because of wrestling was when he won the belt at WM20.

This whole thing is just completely deflating me.

Anyone else wondering what these "curious" text messages said?

Oh my God! Oh my God! My wife and kid are dead! I think it was an Asian gang or something... There was this guy, he looked Asian... and he was speaking another language, I'm pretty sure it was... Asian.

Some Puerto Rican guy.

DAMMIT treble, you stole my tasteless modification of a morbid joke. (And yes, I'm very curious about the messages too.)

(IMG:http://www.wrestlingworld.it/Historical/storiadellefederazioni/specialeStampede/dynamitebenoit.jpg)

So Kid, How's it hanging?

Who would've ever thought that, in the end, Dynamite Kid would not only live longer than Chris Benoit, but look way more sane?

Maybe tomorrow WWE headquarters will receive a package from Benoit that he stuck in the mail on Saturday.

Don't send Brad Pitt to open it... that didn't turn out too good last time.

And imagine how Benoit's other kids are feeling right now?!!

That's who I feel the most sorry for out of all this.

"Trust me, it won't beat the Montreal Screwjob."

Are you retarded? The "Montreal Screwjob" was not on one newscast, because it could have easily been fake, and dealt with a wrestler ultimately getting shipped off that was leaving anyway.

This is the real life death of a legend and his family. And alledgedly he murdered them and killed himself. And like it or not, more people have seen Benoit matches than Bret matches, due to Benoit's national exposure peaking during the Attitude Era and having many more years during WWE's publicized "glam era" during the 2000s. Bret and some "controversy" that only wrestling fans cared about because of his not wanting to lose a fake match for his fake belt hardly compares.

It's much bigger than Bret Hart refusing to lose his "title belt" in a fake sport during a fake match and subsequently getting fucked over by a boss on the spot. For God's sake, be realistic.

From TMZ:

My second cousin is an officer with GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chris Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room apparently suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a separate relationship), and his fans. He then fashioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the banister in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home.

Where is this on TMZ?

Don't bother, it's wrong. According to all the reports I've seen, Nancy's body was in the living room and Chris was in his exercise room.

164 User(s) are reading this topic (73 Guests and 13 Anonymous Users)

DAMN. Nothin' sells newspapers like a horrific tragedy.

Anyone else wondering what these "curious" text messages said?

Oh my God! Oh my God! My wife and kid are dead! I think it was an Asian gang or something... There was this guy, he looked Asian... and he was speaking another language, I'm pretty sure it was... Asian.

It sounds like Liger, Ultimo, and Shinjiro Ohtani have a lot of explaining to do.

Hmmm....so if Benoit was sending text messages to his friends in the company on Sunday morning and today, I wonder if the guys who were working the show last nite had some idea of what was going on and if guys like Chavo and Dean knew what had happened when they were doing their testimonials. But with the news of Benoit sending weird text messages over the weekend, it would seem like the WWF ( I call it that cuz I'm old school) had at least SOME knowledge or some idea of what had happened when they went to air tonite.

The theory of Nancy killing Daniel and Chris killing Nancy and then himself was something I was thinking of on the way home to post here. Just wasn't sure if that theory had already been put here in this thread.

That's why the autopsy results are very crucial. If it's established Daniel was dead before Nancy, then this theory definitely holds water.

This story blows any other wrestling related story out of the water. It'll take a hell of a lot for anything to ever top this one interms of how horrible it all is, and that's before we even know all of the details.

I also feel terrible for Benoit's immediate family. His parents and siblings were on the DVD (their segments were also shown on Raw tonight) and they all seemed like geniunely sweet people.

Are you retarded? The "Montreal Screwjob" was not on one newscast, because it could have easily been fake, and dealt with a wrestler ultimately getting shipped off that was leaving anyway.

The only thing that has and hopefully, ever will compare is Owen's death and that is obviously still a world of difference. One was a stunt gone wrong that he was willing to take...the other was a brutal mess that doesn't end good.

And anyone making jokes about the death of the families seriously deserves a banning. What the fuck? Would you like a bunch of cowardly people making fun of your innocent little boy that was murdered in his bed?

Im guessing smackdown will be cancelled tomorrow. They certainly will not have a tribute show given the latest developments and your run of the mill smackdown is out of the question. maybe they will just show some random matches, that don't include benoit.

Was Benoit very tight with the recently deceased Biff Wellington? I'm just trying to figure out ANYTHING that would even come close to suggesting Benoit going off his rocker at all. And I didnt recall any real issues Benoit had with the way he was treated by the company either lately, so we cannot really put anything down in that regard. Not that any excuse would condone such actions at all, but just trying to connect even the slightest dot here.

Was Benoit very tight with the recently deceased Biff Wellington? I'm just trying to figure out ANYTHING that would even come close to suggesting Benoit going off his rocker at all. And I didnt recall any real issues Benoit had with the way he was treated by the company either lately, so we cannot really put anything down in that regard. Not that any excuse would condone such actions at all, but just trying to connect even the slightest dot here.

They were somewhat close. Benoit's first ever match in WCW in July 1992 was a tag match with Wellington as his partner.

Guest Shylock
From TMZ:

Where is this on TMZ?

http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/25/wrestling-su...ead/31#c5623335

So is this suicide any worse than the Von Erich boys? Really? Is it worse to leave your family to mourn or to take them with you?

Ask Barbara Goodish.

I wonder if the guys who were working the show last nite had some idea of what was going on and if guys like Chavo and Dean knew what had happened when they were doing their testimonials.

I was only half paying attention, but the William Regal testimonial seemed a bit ... off. I think I've read in the past that he lives in Atlanta as well.

Im guessing smackdown will be cancelled tomorrow. They certainly will not have a tribute show given the latest developments and your run of the mill smackdown is out of the question. maybe they will just show some random matches, that don't include benoit.

Cancel the taping, have Cole/JBL, Tazz/Styles simply say "In light of the Chris Benoit murder investigation, WWE and all of it's talent have decided it wasn't in their best interest at heart to peform" and just show clip show "best of ecw/smackdown". You can't go on the air right now and resume the show as nothing happened nor can you pay tribute...

This is the real life death of a legend and his family. And alledgedly he murdered them and killed himself. And like it or not, more people have seen Benoit matches than Bret matches, due to Benoit's national exposure peaking during the Attitude Era and having many more years during WWE's publicized "glam era" during the 2000s. Bret and some "controversy" that only wrestling fans cared about because of his not wanting to lose a fake match for his fake belt hardly compares.

It's much bigger than Bret Hart refusing to lose his "title belt" in a fake sport during a fake match and subsequently getting fucked over by a boss on the spot. For God's sake, be realistic.

Actually, I was referring to the biggest story within wrestling circles, not mainstream circles.

I wonder if the guys who were working the show last nite had some idea of what was going on and if guys like Chavo and Dean knew what had happened when they were doing their testimonials.

I was only half paying attention, but the William Regal testimonial seemed a bit ... off. I think I've read in the past that he lives in Atlanta as well.

Good point about Regal's words. He seemed to be holding back his feelings on Benoit for whatever reason. He may have known more than most at the time. For all we know as well, these testimonials could have been done damn near live as they aired potentially, also.

Cancel the taping, have Cole/JBL, Tazz/Styles simply say "In light of the Chris Benoit murder investigation, WWE and all of it's talent have decided it wasn't in their best interest at heart to peform" and just show clip show "best of ecw/smackdown". You can't go on the air right now and resume the show as nothing happened nor can you pay tribute...

that might be the best way to do it, although i think in the grand scheme of things i dont think WWE would wanna cancel 2 shows in a row and lose some money, i'm not tryin to stir up trouble just saying

Guest Shylock
From TMZ:

Where is this on TMZ?

Don't bother, it's wrong. According to all the reports I've seen, Nancy's body was in the living room and Chris was in his exercise room.

The sources I've read (Fox, Fox's Atlanta station, among others) haven't stated a placement of any of the bodies. Where was this said, again? Just wondering. :)

that might be the best way to do it, although i think in the grand scheme of things i dont think WWE would wanna cancel 2 shows in a row and lose some money, i'm not tryin to stir up trouble just saying

If they did in fact tell everyone to "go home" completely, the assumption would be that tomorrow is off as well as the Smackdown/ECW guys would have been at Raw tonight.

I really dont know what the best answer/solution is for WWE dealing with this. If some really fucked up shit comes out tomorrow basically just confirming Chris killed them both, it actually MIGHT be best to try to move on from this whole situation as soon as possible for PR reasons, as it could get VERY sticky for them if they harbor on this situation on the TV shows, giving the media the impression they are trying to trumpet up interest to their website, etc, etc, for more details on the murders, moreless giving the impression they are exploiting the sleaze behind the murders. I can already see fucking Phil Muschnick blame this as soon as he can on steroid/drug usage in pro wrestling causing Benoit to snap.

Likewise, I dont know how the workers are going to handle things from this perspective of the situation as it is now, as its still very much a tragic and horrible incident, but obviously "paying tribute" to him would be much less intense, anyway you slice it. But paying tribute to not him particularly, but the families and friends of Chris and Nancy more would be aprapo (sp?).

I wouldnt be shocked at all to hear some extremely twisted news behind this tomorrow morning, and the decision made "for the show to go on immediately" by the company shortly thereafter, possibly even taking most anything related to the Benoit death off the site. With that said, I would still have no idea how to treat ECW/Smackdown this week, perhaps still doing tribute shows, one for Nancy on ECW, and Smackdown becomes a tribute to the Benoit's family as well as Nancy's?

And anyone making jokes about the death of the families seriously deserves a banning. What the fuck? Would you like a bunch of cowardly people making fun of your innocent little boy that was murdered in his bed?

I agree.