TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

"It's like if you watched `Rocky,' and in the end it comes out that Rocky killed his wife and his son."

//sorry if someone else posted the same thing

Was it Meltzer who said that?

I like that Douchebag used a ; to convey his emotions. And put property of Deon, so no one would steal his picture of him and Chris Benoit

I still have all these mixed emotions regarding this, from rage, to sadness, to disappointment. No way I can justify Benoit doing what he did, but this cannot and will not stop my enjoyement of wrestling and the fact that I will still enjoy his matches and great moments down the line. What could possibly drive a man who, by most accounts, was a decent human being and friend, to commit this heinous acts towards his family is truly beyond my ability to comprehend. And THAT may be the biggest tragedy, that we may never know the cause or the circumstances surrounding this tragedy.

RIP Nancy and Daniel, may the Lord be with you. And May God have mercy on your soul, Chris Benoit.

Wow, great picture they picked for Woman.

And I guess Burgess Meredith was a little like Stu Hart in the angry crazy "you're wasting my time!" way.

It was kind of weird today, my boss came back from a vacation and just began telling me he wants to know what happened because this seemed out of character for Benoit. He then started talking about the Dungeon and such, and then it hit me he was talking about this like he personally knew the Hart family. Apparently he used to work out with them when he lived out West back in the day.

It's odd being a wrestling fan when stuff like this happens because I'm not used to having everyone I work with, random cab drivers, or my non-fan friends discuss this. With my friends, some of them last night didn't realize that I (and the other fan with us) didn't WANT to talk about this - or at least we said that, but once you start talking you just keep talking.

There's three things I'm wondering about here.

#1 apparently from reading around the fourms out there, it is said that Benoit was pissed at something or threw a temper tantrum at the end to the ECW tag match last week. Can anyone elaborate on that?

#2 wasn't there a report that Benoit was one of the guys who participated in "wrestler's court" and some called him out for being a bully? Wasn't it him, Kid Kash, JBL, and Taker questioning Melina durin the whole Batista-Melina-Booker T thing?

#3 ECW one night stand 2005, Benoit vs. Guerrero. Apparently both looked angry at something at the chemisty just wasn't there between the two that night. Maybe Eddie and Chris were not as close as they were around that time? Maybe this was where Benoit was heading down the wrong path? I remember reading somewhere that Eddie was pissed at Chris for locking him in the crossface when he a a broken nose.

Once again, these were things I read on other forums, so I want to know if someone can back it up? Just trying to shed a little light here. Maybe he has been unhappy for more than a year or two and not just recently.

Can someone repost the link the Chris's tribute to Eddie Guerrero? I'm having trouble finding it.

"He was the one friend that I had, that I could go to, and pour my heart out to if I was going through something. If I had a personal issue, or a personal problem, he was the one guy that I could call and talk to, and know that he would understand, and he would talk me out of it. Because of all of the experiences that he had been through."

I still don't know what to think.

Benoit was the last guy we would expect this from...and it's a shame he destroyed his legacy now. It's like OJ all over again...OJ was one of the greatest running backs of all-time, but hardly gets mentioned for it now because of two murders that we all know he did even though he denies it. Benoit's legacy is now forever tarnished. And it's all his fault.

As for me...I'll still watch wrestling no matter what, it's been in my blood since I was 5.

I know nothing about 1, but 2 is absolutely true. There have been several stories in the past few years that painted him to be something of a dick backstage.

That's what makes it more interesting. Everyone claimed he was a a quiet guy, never complained and just did his business without the politics. There was a thread, I believe on the DVDVR boards back then that said "because Benoit is a IWC hero does he get a free pass backstage". Maybe it is true that he did.

Guest George's Box
I like that Douchebag used a ; to convey his emotions. And put property of Deon, so no one would steal his picture of him and Chris Benoit

The two douchebags.

I know nothing about 1, but 2 is absolutely true. There have been several stories in the past few years that painted him to be something of a dick backstage.

That's what makes it more interesting. Everyone claimed he was a a quiet guy, never complained and just did his business without the politics. There was a thread, I believe on the DVDVR boards back then that said "because Benoit is a IWC hero does he get a free pass backstage". Maybe it is true that he did.

Benoit and other smark favorites get free passes all the time. It's been pointed out here several times that Benoit has a history of shady things (stealing Sullivan's wife, abusing steroids, DUI, domestic disturbances, using the WCW championship as leverage to jump ship, etc.).

Look at the whole steroids thing as well. People dog on Batista, Snitsky, and Masters all the time for being roided up. We hardly ever hear the same for Benoit, Rey, or Jericho. It's a double standard.

Also, to go along with the Benoit/Eddie video above:

In November 2005, Mr. Benoit went into something of a tailspin when his best friend, wrestler Eddie Guerrero, was found dead in Minneapolis, Minn. In an email message he said he would never again find as good a friend.

"We would be on 250-mile drives and Eddie would have his bible open, quoting scriptures and talking about different passages. Anyone else, and I would jam on the brakes and they would be walking. But Eddie had such a way of applying them to whatever we were talking about and make so much sense of everything."

Mr. Benoit said his wife had bought him a diary in which he wrote letters to Mr. Guerrero. "It helps me cope." he wrote.

dsc00767qq9zc8.jpg

Well, on the bright side, at least Matt Stryker can change in the men's dressing room at ECW events now

My information is that the bruising matched what the cops and the DA saw when they watched Benoit wrestle on tape after the autopsy and that the identification was made by them and communicated to the media. Not made BY the media. The way it was said to me was unequivocal that it was the CCF. It wasn't mentioned specifically about the arm, but the clear implication is that yes it was on the arm as well. If I can get clarification I will.

Crimson Mask 1 on the crossface killing the kid over at WC

Benoit and other smark favorites get free passes all the time. It's been pointed out here several times that Benoit has a history of shady things (stealing Sullivan's wife, abusing steroids, DUI, domestic disturbances, using the WCW championship as leverage to jump ship, etc.).

Look at the whole steroids thing as well. People dog on Batista, Snitsky, and Masters all the time for being roided up. We hardly ever hear the same for Benoit, Rey, or Jericho. It's a double standard.

Alright. People need to stop using how he hooked up with Woman as an indicator that something like this tragedy could happen. That's a three way street. Benoit for being interested and hooking up with Nancy. Nancy for cheating on her husband. Kevin Sullivan for not living up to his end of the marriage. People just don't cheat out of the blue. There's always an underlying reason for it, so obviously that marriage wasn't all flowers and puppy dogs. The fact that people are trying to use that scenario as an indicator is REALLY reaching and pretty stupid.

As for the jumping ship thing. Give me a break. This shit happens ALL THE TIME in wrestling, especially during the Monday Night Wars. We already know WCW was in shambles and that several wrestlers already wanted out. Trying to use THIS as something to connect to him becoming a murderer is just fucking ridiculous.

First of all, dubQ, nowhere in my post did I imply that any of those things correlate with Benoit being a killer. The original post asked if Benoit got a free pass from the IWC. And he does. None of those things were horrible actions, but they were less than upstanding and he received no flack for it. Other guys get far worse treatment for far less.

My information is that the bruising matched what the cops and the DA saw when they watched Benoit wrestle on tape after the autopsy and that the identification was made by them and communicated to the media. Not made BY the media. The way it was said to me was unequivocal that it was the CCF. It wasn't mentioned specifically about the arm, but the clear implication is that yes it was on the arm as well. If I can get clarification I will.

This after two days of saying "There were no signs of a struggle."

This just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Other quotes from Ballard backs up what CMI said as well:

He killed Nancy on Friday night. He overpowered her, shoved her to the floor and tied her hands and feet or vice versa, put his knee in her back, wrapped the TV cable around her neck and strangled her by pulling up on it, and smashed her face into the floor after she died, accounting for the blood under her head. The police theory is that she told him she was leaving and taking Daniel.

Scott Ballard, the Fayette County District Attorney, said that Nancy Benoit was bound at her feet and wrists.

"There was a bruise in the small in her back as if a knee was placed there," Ballard said today on "Good Morning America."

About 12 hours later on Saturday morning, he killed Daniel in his room with the Crippler Crossface.

Investigators believe Benoit waited until Saturday morning to kill his 7-year-old son, Daniel, in the boy's bedroom. Ballard told ABC News the boy may have died after being put in a wrestling chokehold.

Not to mention that story of making a guy do 1000 squat and 500 the day after that Hunter USED ON THE TRIBUTE SHOW.

I don't think of Benoit as an evil monster, I think of him as a man who finished his life with serious problems that he didn't let many people know about. It's very sad that he felt he needed to take his wife and son with him..the stress and strain all of that Eddie....he probably in his state of mind thought they'd all be better off with Eddie.

It's sad to know he likely ended up as a emotionally broken mentally unstable man that could do those things. it's pretty obvious to me that over the last couple of years he had slowly slid more and more and wasn't the same guy we all held in such high regard.

It's really really sad Eddie wasn't still alive or he didn't have anyone else he could open up too all this could have been avoided.

How do you know? Comments like that have been made by a lot people throughout this thread and it's ridiculous. Stop trying to be armchair psychologists. Nobody here knows what was going on in his mind or what led to this. We don't know how far back his depression/insanity goes (although considering the restraining order, it obviously goes back to before Eddie passed). We also don't know if it was really steroids/stress that led to this or if he's just psychotic.

Just because you see a man put forth good wrestling matches on TV doesn't mean he was a good guy. He could have spent the last 10 years as a raging drunk/wife beater for all we know.

hey man, you are totally right, and I have said so earlier that we honestly cannot know what the hell was going on in his mind. But you know, I don't see anyone here equating his being a great wrestler to being a great person. All I see is people in a state of conflict with the facts and their sense of who they heard of for so long.

and I don't equate posts regarding his potential state of mind as 'armchair psychology'. I also don;t like the term considering I just graduated with a degree in it.. heh. But anyway. The real point is that it's obvious he was sick, and it's not ridiculous to try and understand who this man was at the time he just lost it all.