TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

OaO Monday Night Raw Thread - 08/13/07

The only thing about the Vince angle that I find truly foolish is that there should be no mystery to something like this. If a woman is going to file a paternity suit she would have to let the alleged father know 1. Who she is and 2. Who the child is. This angle has been entertaining thus far but let's not get carried away with the mystery aspect and reveal the bastard fairly soon.

Ron Simmons = Awesome.

I fear that Snitsky is going to really hurt someone with his power slam. He does it so quickly with force that it looks like he's not going to get them all the way around, and instead slam them right on their head or neck.

I thought the same thing. I would not want be the one to take that, guys are risking becoming part of the sickest botch in pro wrestling history everytime he busts that out.

No way. Umaga was meant to no-sell the back stabber.

I'm going to disagree. The spot was a botch. Carlito hits it. Does some sort of cocky heel thing. Cener then procedes to FU him.

Anyone else find it annoying that Cener was beatin down the whole match, makes a tag to Umanga who wrestles for about 1 minute or so, and then Cener gets tagged back in and he is completely fine?

Way to no-sell JOHN!

Welcome to every tag match ever

I can understand if Cener would have been out of action for a little bit longer, but it was way too fast for him to be back to 100%.

Maybe I am just being extremely picky because of my hatred for Cener.

I'm almost sure I've seen some tag matches where the workers would sell their 'injuries' throughout the match, even after they get their 'second wind'.

This week's Raw rating in and for the second week in a row, the show did a 3.8 cable rating, which matched their number from last week. The show did hours of 3.7 and 3.9, which is the same number that they did last week. As usual, the show scored very well in the 18 to 49 demo doing a 2.2 for both hours, leading USA to a first class finish in that all-important demo. In good news for WWE, they beat preseason football on ESPN, which did a 3.5 cable rating. Yes, it was a preseason game and it was a total dog, but still, it's good news.

PWI

It's fairly obvious the backstabber spot wasn't a botch, it was a no-sell. And yeah, sometimes wrestlers only need a few seconds to get their wind back. You are being way too picky.

And it's Cena.

Ron Simmons = Awesome.

The man does the greatest reaction before he says the word of the week. It's like "hold up let me take a second to think about oh that can't be it then BAM!" he says the word. He is going to eventually run out of words that end with "AM" what's next does he drive a VAN does he cook with a PAN does he like beer in a CAN?

The Santino-Simmons-Maria-Regal moments are just great. Santino should run with this heel gimmick at full throttle. I hope he gets another run with the IC title.

Ron Simmons = Awesome.

The man does the greatest reaction before he says the word of the week. It's like "hold up let me take a second to think about oh that can't be it then BAM!" he says the word. He is going to eventually run out of words that end with "AM" what's next does he drive a VAN does he cook with a PAN does he like beer in a CAN?

He's not the son of McMAN.

I'm going to disagree. The spot was a botch. Carlito hits it. Does some sort of cocky heel thing. Cener then procedes to FU him.

It was a no-sell. Carlito has an expression of fear on his face after failing to hit the move. It was meant to put over Umaga as too hard to hit moves on, especially by someone like Carlito.

DAMMIT! I had called HHH appearing tonight and i posted a bulliten on myspace about me tellin everyone to watch raw for the return of HHH... man do i feel stupid... but im glad i am wrong because that makes his arrival at summerslam SO much more meaning ful

The way wrestling is nowadays your friends are going to think you're more stupid for being a fan than for incorrectly guessing a storyline.

Much better RAW than last week though, with another awesome Regal segment. I think the WWE has realised they've hit gold with it. Nothing really stunk tonight at all (Hey wow, no Diva matches or Cena promos, what a coincidence), and they actually had a good main event. They've actually managed to build Randy Orton into someone on at least an equal level of Khali and Umaga in being able to pry the belt off Cena, and that's pretty remarkable. Awesome LARIATOOOOO~! by him as well.

It was a no-sell. Carlito has an expression of fear on his face after failing to hit the move. It was meant to put over Umaga as too hard to hit moves on, especially by someone like Carlito.

It was a terrible spot then.

cena then went on to wrestle in the 2nd match of SNME not 30 mins aftre the main event so he recovers quickly.

anyhow the show was fun. I went with my cousin and his coworker friends ( I lucked out cuz one of his friends couldn't go so he offered me the ticket-DONT WORRY I PAID FOR IT :D We drove to 242nd street and caught the subway down to penn station

the seats were up in the 400 nosebleed section and it was hot up there but you could see the whole ring and stuff, the but the wrestlers looked small so hard to follow all the action (no biggee since I can watch it again on tv plus when you're there live, its all about the experience). we were shocked to see them putting raw on at 7:30, but I guess SNME had to be taped afterwards cuz of angle development with vince, plus ortons attack on cena the only dark match with DLO was great, as DLO got a HUGE pop when we saw who it was (they weirdly played the wrong them for dlo, then after he won they played his "real deal" old shcool song) and he got lous "Lets go DLO chants" he looke din great shape and did all his big moves like the "shakey-shakey legdrop" plus the sky high folowed by a beautiful "Lo-Down" frogsplash. I guess since he was a star during the atttitude era everyone remembers him fondly.

all the pyro proved difficult as by SNME, with batista and kanes entrance, smoke filled the arena and it became very foggy in there and it smelled throughout the rest of the show. HHH's video got a big pop cuz they thought he was coming out (I knew he wouldnt, even though you know he was backstage) After the opening segment, it took the roster a long time to get backstage as there were so many of them there. Kennedy had barely got backstage before he had to come back out. The Crowd LOVED Kennedy here not even a faint of bad reaction I could hear

I knew I saw Estrada out there, so it makes sense now. before the show even started there were loud "cena sucks" and "same old shit" chants (although they could hav ebeen talking about WWE as a whole. Lillian sang the anthem (badly again I hate her voice) , though I kept chanting for Howard. great chants throughout, including spontaneous battle of "Lets GO Yankees" VS "Lets Go Mets" (no Rangers or Knicks chnats though being in their home oddly)

The Idol segment was received well by the crowd, who popped big for Foley and Maria. Shiek and Volkoff coming out got a nice loving reaction and even the USA chants were done in fun. Simmons was over big time here

Holyfield appearing on the tron got a huge pop as well as Mike Buffer coming out to the ring. MVPS pyro is loud and very hot, but he still got a nice pop, especially when Buffer read his pre-written intro "And he is straight-up BALLLLLLIN!!!!!!"

Vince coming out talking about last monday got a laugh from many fans, whpo kept saying "hey its still monday not sat"" and my cousins friend got a laugh from the hanging scrolling screen thing saying "1 week untill summerslam"

the mcmahon segemt on snme went over well, espeiclaly with Balls coming out and saying "Let sface it, you could have Balls as a son" and Vinc eresponding "I don't have any balls" which prompted our section to start a loud "You got no balls!" chant which spread throughout the arena. Coach pissed me off talking abotu Melina being a possible child cuz of that "wm 2 afterparty in LA" which makes no sense seeing as Vince was at the NY portion of the show.

Austin of course got the loudest pop as the crowd could sense he was going to come out. the what chants were very loud and annoying though. after the show, Austin kept drinking and eventually acted like he would leave but came back to deman that coach and Vince sing a song. eventually they did,, singing "I left my heart in san francisco"which didnt go over well being that were were in NYC. (I caught some of this on my digital camera, which cuz of my seats didnt come out well in pics.) and then he stunned them again twice more and drank and celebrated. I believe this went out for more than 20 mins after the show would go off the air.

we were pumped as we left abd made our way to the merch tables where nothing much was left, but I managed to snag a Kennedy tshirt (the talk loud one hes currently wearing to the ring), while my cuz couldnt get the HHH shirt in his size, but his friend bought a cena spinner chain that he rocked back on the subway ride home. the thing didnt spin too well though.

anyhow a great time. weird to watch ECW last night and see them setting up a tag match that already happened. why do they insist on showing clips of SNME in commercials, that gives it away that its taped (though any fan could realize that when they see its in MSG and the same fans in the crowds)

poor carlito had to job twice in the span of 40 mins that sucked.

Old news I know, but Regal's facial expressions during WWE Idol were amazing. Not quite as keen on him as the assured, confident GM as opposed to his slightly goofy Goodwill Abassador run. But the facial expressions are still second only to maybe Vince's.

Glad to hear that DLo got a good reception. I always liked him and I'd love if he came back. I'd mark for a DLo-Venis match or a DLo-Henry tag team.

Or split WGTT and pair Shelton with D-Lo.

Glad to hear that DLo got a good reception. I always liked him and I'd love if he came back. I'd mark for a DLo-Venis match or a DLo-Henry tag team.

Not that I wouldn't enjoy that, but I'd rather see him do something remniscent of his attitude era run. Well, to get started atleast, just for fun. Then I'd like to see him get pushed.

Not that I wouldn't enjoy that, but I'd rather see him do something remniscent of his attitude era run. Well, to get started atleast, just for fun. Then I'd like to see him get pushed.

They could always pair him with Mark Henry again as the latter's annoying ally who talks trash then uses the big man on those who go after him.

They could always pair him with Mark Henry again as the latter's annoying ally who talks trash then uses the big man on those who go after him.

Ya, I mentioned that..only thing is, he'll probably come back as a face after the positive reaction he got during his dark matches this week.

Bring back the Chest Protector?

Looking back at WWE Idol, would anyone have marked out if 3 count were one of the participants? I mean they already have 2/3 or the group on the roster and Evan could take a one night shot and there you have it.

spman told me D`Lo came out to his Real Deal theme song. I would have popped so loud for that.

he didnt at RAW, they had some generic rock song so no one knew who it was untill he was introd and came out, but after the match they played it (honestly I liked his older song "You betta recognize" better") I did start a small "chest protector" chant.

I doubt Helms would be in any position to do a singing/dancing routine even if they wanted to do a 3 Count bit.

I wouldn't mind seeing him come out to his late-WCW "Vertebreaker's Gonna Break Your Back (or was it neck?)" routine, complete with dancers.