TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Madden NFL 08

Found a problem in the Superstar mode. It looks like they simply transferred the "Welcome to the Family" messages that you get when you are drafted from 07. One example is the Raiders owner telling you to listen to Art Shell, despite him not being the coach anymore.

I caved and bought it tonight. I played a Season game and I really enjoyed it. Everything but my passing coverage (partly my fault) felt right.

I actually obught it for ps2, my first nfl game buy since NFL 2k5 (still the best game ever). it looks like they dont event try with the ps2 anymore as the graphics seem to be worse than the last madden I played (it was 03). but I played an exhbition game was able to learn most of the controls, so it seem slike I will enjoy it.

the weird thing is I opened the store and there wasnt even a big rush or anything. sure alot of people bought madden but not all at once or anything, weird. CC is letting us wear football jerseys all week to promote madden but I dont currently have one and I m not going to buy one just for this.

I did see the line in times square after leaving raw monday night and it was packed

I think the 360 version is more than a roster update this year. It's the first actual good next-gen game. The PS3 version may have got the shaft, but the 360 version actually plays pretty good after some adjustments, it's the first Madden game I won't be taking back withing a week of purchase in the last 3 or 4 years.

I think the 360 version is more than a roster update this year. It's the first actual good next-gen game. The PS3 version may have got the shaft, but the 360 version actually plays pretty good after some adjustments, it's the first Madden game I won't be taking back withing a week of purchase in the last 3 or 4 years.

07 for Nintendo was largely considered to be the biggest change to the franchise and everyone liked it because it was more than just a few minor tweaks, but thats pretty much exactly what the 08 version for nintendo is.

Wow. This game is HORRIBLE. I loved 07, but this year's is damn near unplayable.

I beat the Lions (as the Packers) and in the process of that one game, there were 7 interceptions and 8 fumbles. I never had that problem with 07. I was intercepted twice, while I picked off 5 of their passes. They fumbled 6 times, while I fumbled twice, regaining it both times. I won 21-0 and all 3 TDs were scored off turnovers being run back.

Wow. This game is HORRIBLE.

Well alright...I am listening. Whats wrong with it.

I loved 07, but this year's is damn near unplayable.

Oh...wait...nevermind. I think you just invalidated your opinion.

But seriously, what difficulty are you playing on. because I swear to god matt if you are playing on Rookie or Pro and complaining......

*shakes fist*

Wow. This game is HORRIBLE.

Well alright...I am listening. Whats wrong with it.

I loved 07, but this year's is damn near unplayable.

Oh...wait...nevermind. I think you just invalidated your opinion.

But seriously, what difficulty are you playing on. because I swear to god matt if you are playing on Rookie or Pro and complaining......

*shakes fist*

What? 07 was good. There were no problems like this in that game.

I'm playing on All- Pro.

I actually like the updated animations and the increased amount of interceptions, there was hardly any on 07. Infact, in 07 people were pretty much just giant bricks as they never got injured, never caught a ball (unless a WR) and generally just bounced off things.

Just whooped someone online 45-10 and all but 1 of my TD's were off interception returns. Adalius Thomas 4 INT's 3 TD's!

Granted the person I was playing against was probably just godawful but he played great D against me as I couldnt really move the ball on the ground at all. That seems to be my weakness online so far, the run game. I pass fair enough and dont throw too many picks which is a huge victory for me anyways.

Just whooped someone online 45-10 and all but 1 of my TD's were off interception returns. Adalius Thomas 4 INT's 3 TD's!

Granted the person I was playing against was probably just godawful but he played great D against me as I couldnt really move the ball on the ground at all. That seems to be my weakness online so far, the run game. I pass fair enough and dont throw too many picks which is a huge victory for me anyways.

don't feel bad, my passing coverage is horrid. I really have to figure out how to stop the passing game.

I seem to be above average so far defending the pass but defending the run I have trouble with. overall I like to think I am good on defense all around mostly for playcalling.

For those with Wiis

How's your experience been?

Is there anyone else that has a lag when they play online...I swear i get sacked like 5 times a quarter because of it

I preordered the Wii versions for Madden 08 & Tiger Woods 08 last night; both won't arrive till around the 31st. Until then I'll just play Madden 04 to get in the mood for it/ bring my "skillz" up.

Started at 0-3, then the computer got the turnover bug and I fired off four straight wins. In one of the wins, Steve McNair threw eight interceptions and was sacked at least five times. I'm using the Bills so that makes it even more ridiculous.

I have this for 360 and I hate it, I think it sucks a big dick......if anyone thinking of buying it wants me to elaborate feel free to ask me whatever you want and I'll expand on my thoughts.

I have this for 360 and I hate it, I think it sucks a big dick......if anyone thinking of buying it wants me to elaborate feel free to ask me whatever you want and I'll expand on my thoughts.

alright, why does it suck so bad

alright, why does it suck so bad

There are far to many turnovers....on both sides you and the computer. You can not make it through a game without turning it over 3-4 times and the computer will turn it over about 7. The Franchise is totally fucked up too, every 1 INT counts as 2 so if you throw 30 in the stats it will say 60.

Everyone has this ridiculous eyes in the back of their head feature sort of like the college game. Where a player can have his back to your QB but as soon as you throw the ball he's already turned and run to the spot. The funniest parts of the games are things like this. Throwing anything downfield is basically impossible. If you throw deep to the sides on say a streak and try to loft it up to drop it in the Safety will actually outrun the ball to your receiver, sometimes another guy will too and there will be 3 guys standing there with you for the ball. Trying to throw between levels like LB/secondary is impossible because the LB's can all jump 15 ft in the air and tip your passes. Against 3-4 teams you can't throw a slant because the MLB's just stand in the middle and don't move every time you pick it.

Not to mention they incorporated all this smart and shutdown shit so now when you pass corners jump your pass routes and this one isn't like the past ones, if the ball hits a defender he catches like a WR. They only occasionally drop INT's.

Best part os when you do draft classes from NCAA it makes all the players suck, especially their speed. Darren McFadden is an 86 speed on Madden, the corners all drop into the 80's too, it makes EVERYONE slow and crappy.

There are far to many turnovers....on both sides you and the computer. You can not make it through a game without turning it over 3-4 times and the computer will turn it over about 7. The Franchise is totally fucked up too, every 1 INT counts as 2 so if you throw 30 in the stats it will say 60.

Thats odd. I played a game the other night and I got two interceptions and the game counted them as two not four.

I concur with Mecca, this game is complete shit. It's like EA Sports game designers got together in a room, all took a huge dump and then stuck it in a case labeled "Madden NFL 2008" and put it on store shelves.

There's no excuse for some of the stuff in this game. The ridiculously high amount of turnovers has already been talked about ad nauseum. As was mentioned - draft classes are totally screwed because all the ratings drop (speed drops, how can they possibly justify someone getting slower after they are drafted?).

Oh and let's not forget the fact that franchise stats are completely fucked. For all the turnovers when you play a game, there's basically none in the rest of the league during a franchise. QB's like Brady/Manning/Bulger etc. will literally finish seasons with stats like 45 TD's and 3 INT's. I simmed a few years ahead last night and Manning had a season with 52 TD's and 4 INT's. There were 21 receivers with over 100 receptions. Joey Harrington was the worst QB in the league with a QB rating of 89. How can you even play a franchise with this shit? It totally kills it.

There's no possible way any game developer or game tester could have NOT seen the enormous amount of problems that this game has. EA just doesn't give a shit and it's too bad because All Pro Football is such a far superior game it isn't even funny, but I can't get into it because of the fact that they don't have the NFL License.

So, I'm relegated to playing Madden 08 on current gen (or old gen I guess, whatever you would call PS2/Xbox) because thankfully EA managed to not fuck those versions up.

Another thing that totally sucks about the 360 version is the ridiculous punt returning in which you can bust off a 30 yard return every time.

It sucks cause I love football but once again it appears I will be playing baseball into the fall until 2k releases NCAA and NBA basketball because I love those games.

I honestly think EA doesn't care anymore, they basically go haha fuck you, you have no choice. Basically this is my thought Madden is getting further and further away from being a real football game. They constantly don't make the franchise better, don't make sure it works right, leave out basic things. But they spend tons of time developing shit like superstar mode or the stupid shit where you have to run a 40 yard dash to create a guy.

Simply put Madden is becoming what every other EA sports game became, a game that is all about arcade style play with bells and whistles that little kids will love but hardcore fans will hate. Just look at their basketball games compared to 2k's.

Maybe you guys just suck because I am not having the problems you are.

And I have been launching it down field in 3 and long situations to Randy Moss. 90% of the time, he is going to catch the ball.

Maybe you guys just suck because I am not having the problems you are.

And I have been launching it down field in 3 and long situations to Randy Moss. 90% of the time, he is going to catch the ball.

Suck? Again, since it seems to be not getting through- I've been winning yet these problems still ruin the game. I don't want to score all my points on INT/fumble returns because I never get a chance to play on offense. I don't want the other team to have double digit turnovers. That's not NFL football.