TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JPopStarKami

OAO ECW on Sci-Fi 8/28

The ECW Champion is still John Morrison after the self-proclaimed shaman of sexy defeated CM Punk at SummerSlam. Morrison, however, may have not yet seen the last of the Straightedge Superstar as CM Punk joins Boogeyman, Big Daddy V and The Miz in a Fatal Four Way Match this week on ECW on Sci Fi. The winner of this contest will receive a future ECW Championship Match, meaning the stakes are high on Sci Fi.

Can Punk earn one more opportunity to seize the coveted gold? Will it be a big night for the ghastly Superstar from the Bottomless Pit? Will The Miz have six legs up on his competition with the devoted Divas of Extreme Expose in his corner?

Last week, Big Daddy V plowed through another victim. This time, however, he did it in an Extreme Rules Match against ECW Original Tommy Dreamer. Can Boogeyman, CM Punk and The Miz thwart the behemoth's mission to destroy?

Find out the answers to these questions, plus meet the next man to face ECW Champion John Morrison live this week on ECW on Sci Fi. Be sure to catch all the action of the Land of the Extreme every Tuesday at 10/9 CT.

Just found this on the official WWE.com website.

My two cents: Well, let's speculate using process of elimination. Miz is a heel and unover, Big Daddy V is a heel and sorta meh, Boogeyman is a face, but more of a comedy act....yeah, you get where I'm going with this. Punk goes over again, right? Unless they do what I fear the most...if they give anyone else the win, it would be Boogey. *shudder*

ECW needs another face who would make a credible number one contender. They can't keep giving Punk title shots, he's becoming the Batista of ECW.

ECW is ruining CM Punk. Get him to Raw or preferably SD! ASAP. There is nothing for him anymore, and his eventual title win will be rather uneventful as it means little anyways. He has to be done with Morrison and there isn't another heel on the brand that I really want to see him feud with. Get him in the SD! midcard to feud with MVP, Finlay, Hardy, Chavo, Flair and Co with a Undertkaer and Edge match or two or even to Raw vs Carlito, Jeff Hardy, Booker, Umaga, Kennedy and a Punk vs HHH, HBK, Cena or Orton match for my viewing pleasure.

Actually to be truthful I would prefer CM Punk have an ECW title run before switching brands, because otherwise, he's liable to be stuck in midcard limbo on the other brands. A title run would give him some valuable credibility.

Actually to be truthful I would prefer CM Punk have an ECW title run before switching brands, because otherwise, he's liable to be stuck in midcard limbo on the other brands. A title run would give him some valuable credibility.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Punk really needs to win the ECW title. I don't know what the hell they are waiting for. Probably a big blow off match with some sort of stipulation (ie. extreme rules). It needs to happen within the next month or two. They can't sit there and keep jobbing punk out and turning him into Lex Luger. Give him the title, let him have a decent run, then have him drop it when he moves brands.

Cor Von is still at home "taking care of his family". Burke needs to be rehabbed a little after jobbing to Punk so much, but jobbing to Balls "The Animal" Steele hasn't helped the cause.

At this point the only way they can justify not giving the title to Punk is if they have a deal set up with RVD and plan to hotshot the belt onto him this Fall.

I do not think that there are many buyrates to be had for a CM Punk title win at this point, but there may be some ratings. If Punk goes over tonight they should have the title match next week (extreme rules) and hype it on SD and Raw.

At this point the only way they can justify not giving the title to Punk is if they have a deal set up with RVD and plan to hotshot the belt onto him this Fall.

What? I thought RVD was done with the company?

Do you think maybe that with RVD being the obvious face in this situation gets the belt, and then Punk gets very upset and goes heel and we have a what could be amazing RVD-Punk feud?

WO this week was reporting that WWE seems to want to build a Punk vs. Big Daddy V ECW Title feud.

I think watching Big Daddy V squash jobbers is fun and all, but I hate whenever he actually has to put on a competitive match. This is going to suck big time.

Big Daddy V can't work longer than five minute matches - Sure Morrison/Punk have only been given seven odd minutes at the PPV's but you need a champ who can go 15+.

BDV is supposed tobe moving to SD! in November, so it's going to be a quick feud. Maybe BDV beats Morrison soon and Punk chases the title for two months before winning it, at which point AAE trades BDV to SD! for whomever...

Do you think maybe that with RVD being the obvious face in this situation gets the belt, and then Punk gets very upset and goes heel and we have a what could be amazing RVD-Punk feud?

That is the way I would go with it. Punk being unable to beat Morrison could lay the groundwork for the heel turn. If he does not win the title Punk's face character is shot for a long while anyway.

Say RVD returns and wins the title in October. You can have him defend the belt against the flavor of the month for the next 4 months (Morrison, Big Daddy V, Cor Von, Burke - in that order). Then lead in to Punk - RVD at Mania.

I would keep Punk and RVD apart until the build for Mania. Have Punk turn heel in late 07 early 08 (because if they are going to keep Punk and RVD apart there is not a lot on the face side of things to keep Punk busy). The straight edge angle with RVD and Punk would be the obvious way to play it. Basically a version of the Punk - Raven feud.

I have not read that WWE and RVD have even talked in the past few months so this is all pipe dream on my part. But, if they do not pull the trigger on CM Punk there is no other viable face champion on the ECW roster.

"Fire"?

Are you kidding me? I didn't actually think they would put the Doors' lyrics in his promos. That was god awful.

This promo is just bad. Really, really bad. I've completely changed my mind about JM.

He's capable of so much better than this, that's the sad part about it all. I don't mind the gimmick, but the guy is obviously very uncomfortable in this gimmick.