TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

Week 3 NFL and Indanap'iss Cotes

Jets looked...okay today. Offense seemed to be working pretty well, with Jones having a big day and the increasingly-impressive receiving corps making some ridiculous catches late in the game. Their defense just isn't getting any better, though. Brown was pretty much running at will and the Dolphins' touchdown drives in the second half looked completely effortless. I was hoping that it would just take time for the team to get used to the new system, but it's looking more and more like they just don't have a whole lot of talent on that side of the ball. Outside of Vilma and Barrett (who's getting really good, really fast) the Jets don't have a single remarkable defensive player. Revis is improving, but he had a couple dumb, costly intereference penalties today that displayed his complete lack of his experience.

Well, either way, got that first win out of the way. The Jets could reasonably by 3-2 in a couple weeks, so there's still some hope.

Giants finally win!

If Betts doesn't trip over Justin Tuck on the final play he *walks* in for the tying TD. Whoever blocked Tuck into the ground on that play.. thank you.

Edit: eh, maybe not walked in but it would have been close

Well the ironic thing is that the Redskins ran that same exact running play against Philly last week from maybe the 2 or 3 yard line, and Portis ran the correct angle, AROUND the lineman, and Betts instead ran BEHIND the lineman. If that play is executed the same way but Portis is in there, it is a TD for sure. Of course, I am more puzzled as to why with having Mike Sellars a 284 pound fullback, rushing him up the gut on 2nd in goal never came into the coaches mind.

As for the game, I really honestly feel that the Redskins coaches looked at the 17-3 lead, the fumble by Eli, the INT by Eli, and figured being up two scores was enough and took the ball out of the offenses hands the rest of the game and felt the defense would do the job. The Redskins offense was clicking just fine in the first half, and then suddenly the playcalling got so conservative I though Al Saunders had been replaced by Jim Fausel(sp?) Then suddenly they are down 24-17 and in cruch time, and they are back to throwing the ball all over the field, finding guys wide open....WTF...

A lot of "experts" thought the Redskins were going to be average in 2007 because of Campbell being a young inexperienced QB still learning the ropes. While I agree about the "being average in 2007" part, so far I would say Jason Campbell is not the reason at all, it is a combination of injuries on O-line, WRs dropping balls, and sitting on leads with conservative playcalling....of course it is only Week 3, so a lot can change for the better and/or for the worse, so I will keep my eyes peeled. :ph34r:

Man, Jason Witten should go ahead and buy a plane ticket for Honolulu. He's been a godsend to the Cowboys.

I still think the Pass Interference rules are so skewed towards the Receiver that the league should consider either changing the wording to make it equal or the refs should be told to enforce offensive PI more.(Especially on end zone passes where you clearly see these big WRs just push the DB away from them to catch a fade pass) It still seems like that in general a DB is flagged for the pettiest little contact, while the WR can literall push off on hook/curl routes, and jam DBs beyond 5 yards to create seperation.

I'm fucking heated over how the half ended. Ron Winter ran off the field? Well drag his decrepit ass back out there. There has to be some way to challenge that shit.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
I might also add that I'm a complete idiot today for taking Brett Farve out of the starting QB job in my fantasy and subbing in Jeff Garcia. How was I to know that Farve would be navigating San Diego as easily as a hot knife through butter?

Nobody cares

Archuleta still sucks....I remember when the Skins got rid of him, the media was all over them saying "Chicago will utilize his strengths" well if his strength is being out of position on deep passes and watching WRs run by him, Chicago is utilizing him.

MEMO TO NFL HEAD COACHES: The Dallas Cowboys Safeties cannot cover. Please do not wait an entire half of the game to throw deep over the middle of the field on them.

Thank You

-Redskins Fans Everywhere.

Why the fuck aren't there any noon NFC games on Fox?

Do you live near Houston? Because Fox isn't allowed to show any games when a home team is playing on CBS.

Say what? I've seen plenty of times when a FOX game is airing opposite the Chiefs

Speaking of which, I went to Arrowhead today to watch the Vikings play the Chiefs. Vikings looked pretty good in the first half, shutting down Larry Johnson and letting Adrian run all around the perimeter, but something apparently happened in the second half that cause the Vikes to shut down and suddenly Huard was able to toss pass after pass up the middle... I don't know what that was though as I spent most of the third quarter waiting in a vending line (leftover from halfway through halftime)

Also, dear deity who may or may not exist, please save us from a year of PACKERS WHOO and FARVAH ONE MORE RUN

Do you live near Houston? Because Fox isn't allowed to show any games when a home team is playing on CBS.

Say what? I've seen plenty of times when a FOX game is airing opposite the Chiefs

It's only the primary market that gets blacked out. So, if you don't actually live in Kansas City, you're OK.

Speaking of which, I went to Arrowhead today to watch the Vikings play the Chiefs. Vikings looked pretty good in the first half, shutting down Larry Johnson and letting Adrian run all around the perimeter, but something apparently happened in the second half that cause the Vikes to shut down and suddenly Huard was able to toss pass after pass up the middle... I don't know what that was though as I spent most of the third quarter waiting in a vending line (leftover from halfway through halftime)

Also, dear deity who may or may not exist, please save us from a year of PACKERS WHOO and FARVAH ONE MORE RUN

Not to mention the murders, cow fuckings, etc that will happen if the Packers start off well and then tank.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Well, the Bears sure decided to call it a year early. So much for even winning the North.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
LOL Griese chants...have they not paid attention to that guy's pro career?

Have you not paid attention to how ineffective Grossman has been? They might have to use a quarterback capable of less if it means fewer horrible mistakes. Grossman hasn't even been a rollercoaster. He's just been shitty.

Oh well. Cubs are hot, Hawks are on the upswing and that's a week away.

Rex with another Gross Pass. I think the experiment is over. There is a difference between Great Defensive plays, and throwing a ball into double(borderline triple) coverage where the WR was never open to begin with.

LOL Griese chants...have they not paid attention to that guy's pro career?

Have you not paid attention to how ineffective Grossman has been? They might have to use a quarterback capable of less if it means fewer horrible mistakes. Grossman hasn't even been a rollercoaster. He's just been shitty.

Oh well. Cubs are hot, Hawks are on the upswing and that's a week away.

Somehow, I don't think Griese is the answer you Bears fans are looking for.

Off topic but after seeing the Dennis Green commercial I pose this question.

Which was the better post game tirade: Dennis Green's "Crown em" or Jim Mora's "Playoffs" ?

Jim Mora by far. He gets extra points for the facial expressions.